Moderator Post Preview and PM Restriction on this Account. Appeal.

Janus

Eh? [HA and Culture Staff]
-
TNP Nation
YetiNation
Discord
Janus#1875
I was unaware of the mod preview and PM restriction until the last two three or four weeks.

Edit: it's been more like five weeks it looks like, possibly longer, as I don't remember when I actually started paying attention to the post review. I do remember that it became annoying when my spam posts were delayed and were posted out of order. The PM restriction I didn't notice until recently. I don't often write PMs. None were to be of an inappropriate nature. They were going to be to Executive Staff from what I recall.

Per Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:
You were given mod preview and a PM restriction in October of last year after some concerning conduct. Specifically, some private messages of an oddly personal and unasked-for nature and some baity references to members of this board in posts.

He added that if I needed context that he could provide it, but I don't know how often he comes here anymore, so I'm asking that of you.

If you could provide links to these posts and PMs it would be appreciated. There have been several occasions when my wallet, and thus password list have been out my possession. Most recently for a month when it was in my V.A. representative's possession. I'll add that she also stole some $455 of my personal property and had my mobile telephone, though I don't believe that I had that password written down (I'll verify this) during that time. I was in the County Jail during this period and had no internet access available to me. I can prove this with court documents.

If these PMs, or most of them, were made by me then I'll be able to sort through them and tell which ones were written by me and which were not.

There was only one occasion, as I mentioned to Elu, that I knowingly allowed someone else to write a PM using this account, and, while they wrote three brief PMs to a specific individual and wrote things that I would not have, they were not "of an oddly personal and an unasked-for nature", though I could be wrong. I have no such other PMs in my conversation list for this account.

The "baity" references are debatable. If they're the ones to Syrixia in the new Order of Gryphons thread that I made then I'll say that I felt provoked by Syrixia and responded in kind. I was unaware of, I believe, Syrixia's online characteristics and age at that time. While I neither regret or promise that I would not respond in such a way again, it was particularly inappropriate to do so in a thread dedicated to an order of knights.

Edit: I was using a public library system for quite some time as well. I don't recall how long that I've been doing that.

Last edited:
I appreciate the prompt response from forum Admin. Thank you all for answering my question regarding context with such promptness.

You are doing an excellent job. Kudos.

Okay. I was looking over previous blog entries out of a tangentially related purpose. For whatever reason my mobile doesn't always take me to the last entry. I noticed that several posts had been modified by a moderator. The posts were, iirc correctly, as I had written them. Was something inserted that later had to be removed? I know for a fact that one had been. In that case one word had been altered from "Oblivion" to Darkness". That was the post that I had arrived to check this morning. Simple curiousity, though I found it annoying at the time, but was soon laughing about it. The other mod mods I find disturbing. What the hell were those for?

Edit: the above tangential issue post is entirely missing. It was very brief. I don't recall if it had a mod edit listed, but it had both posted and was actually there.

Last edited:
An update. I came back in here for the first time in several days and found that I was still logged in. While it's possible that I had forgotten to log out, I'm usually pretty careful about both that and the "stay logged in" option. Possibly nothing, but I don't know.

Back