TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
HVDMTR8.png

Supporting and Valuing the Humanities
Category: Education and Creativity | Area of Effect: Educational​

The World Assembly,

HEREBY defines the following learning areas as included in the humanities: History, Visual and Performing Arts, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Language Studies, Linguistics, Archaeology, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, Political Studies, and Literature.

UNDERSTANDING the importance of education in all forms and particularly the humanities.

APPLAUDING all people who work and give their lives to the pursuit of knowledge and education in this unique area of study.

NOTING the historical heritage, importance, and influence of every field in the humanities on the development, understandings, and revolutionizing of ideas overtime.

SEEING the humanities' importance in the development of critical thinking skills, argumentation skills, and perspective taking.

ENACTS the following:

A. The following subjects are defined as areas of humanities: History, Visual and Performing Arts, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Language Studies, Linguistics, Archaeology, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, Political Studies, Literature, and any other sociocultural area of study that works towards a better understanding of the human condition.

B. Member nations must offer at least one area of the humanities as a subject of study per year in both primary and secondary curriculums of education.

C. The World Humanities Fund (WHF) is hereby and established under the management of the WA General Accounting Office.​

D. The WHF shall exist to provide funding to constituent nations and non profit organizations within them to accomplish either in part or in full the following objectives:​

I. Aid local communities in funding humanities courses for free or at a low fee to allow for greater accessibility outside of formal academic institutions.​

II. Develop programs and initiatives that aid workers in finding secure jobs focused on the humanities.​

III. Fund government initiatives that seek to further the research and development in various areas of the humanities nationally.​

IV. Supporting university degree programs that fall within the definition of the humanities.​

V. Strengthen the academic enrichment of courses and create electives at the secondary level of education on subjects within the humanities.​

VI. Increase the offerings of exposure to the foundations of areas in the humanities at the primary level of education.​

VII. Hold nationwide symposiums to put on exposition works and advancements in the various areas of the humanities.​

E. The WHF is an opt in service that both national governments and non profit organizations which operate within member nations may submit an application to.​

F. Within the WA General Accounting Office, the Department of External Auditors (DEA) is hereby established with the following tasks:​

I. Ensuring that money accepted by nations or organizations from the WHF is used for the above established purpose.​

II. Informing the GAO of incorrect use of funding.​

III. If incorrect use of funds are reported, the GAO will cease the allowance of funds to the transgressing nation or organization.​

IV. The decisions to cease funding by the GAO can be appealed by the nation or organization to the Independent Adjudicative Office.​

Supporting and Valuing Humanities in Education
Category: Education and Creativity | Area of Effect: Educational
The World Assembly,

UNDERSTANDING the importance of education in all forms and particularly the humanities.

APPLAUDING all people who work and give their lives to the pursuit of knowledge and education in this unique area of study.

HEREBY defines the following learning areas as included in the humanities: History, Visual and Performing Arts, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Language Studies, Linguistics, Archaeology, Cultural Studies, Anthropology, Political Studies, and Literature.

NOTING the historical heritage, importance, and influence of every field in the humanities on the development, understandings, and revolutionizing of ideas overtime.

SEEING the humanities' importance in the development of critical thinking skills, argumentation skills, and perspective taking

ENCOURAGES the following:

a. Local communities offer classes in the humanities to the public for free or at a low fee to allow for greater accessibility.

b. Programs and initiatives begun to find secure jobs for those who hold degrees of higher education in the humanities.

c. Government initiatives that seek to further the research and development in the nation.

MANDATES the following:

a. University degree programs are available for each area of the humanities in each constituent nation.

b. If not all then at least five areas are offered as electives or as core subjects at the secondary level of education.

c. If not all then at least three areas are offered as electives or as core subjects at the primary level of education.

TASKS the Global Initiative for Basic Education Division within the WA General Accounting Office (GAO) to create and update on an ongoing basis a register of member nations who are unable to satisfy the mandates of this resolution due to financial restraints.

HOLDS that the GAO will allocate funds to those nations listed on the previously mentioned register so long that such funds are used to help bring the constituent nation into compliance with this resolution.
HVDMTR8.png

Supporting and Valuing the Humanities
Category: Education and Creativity | Area of Effect: Educational
The World Assembly,

SEEING the humanities' importance in the development of critical thinking skills, argumentation skills, and perspective taking.

ENACTS the following:

a. The World Humanities Fund (WHF) is hereby and established under the management of the WA General Accounting Office.

b. The WHF shall exist to provide funding to constituent nations and non profit organizations within them to accomplish the following objectives:

-----I. Aid local communities in funding humanities courses for free or at a low fee to allow for greater accessibility outside of formal academic institutions.

-----II. Develop programs and initiatives that aid workers in finding secure jobs focused on the humanities.

-----III. Fund government initiatives that seek to further the research and development in various areas of the humanities nationally.

-----IV. Supporting university degree programs that fall within the definition of the humanities.

-----V. Strengthen the academic enrichment of courses and create electives at the secondary level of education on subjects within the humanities.

-----VI. Increase the offerings of exposure to the foundations of areas in the humanities at the primary level of education.

-c. The WHF is an opt in service that both national governments and non profit organizations which operate within member nations may submit an application to.

-d. Within the WA General Accounting Office, the Department of External Auditors (DEA) is hereby established with the following tasks:

-----I. Ensuring that money accepted by nations or organizations from the WHF is used for the above established purpose.

-----II. Informing the GAO of incorrect use of funding.

-e. If incorrect use of funds are reported, the GAO will cease the allowance of funds to the transgressing nation or organization.

-f. The decisions to cease funding by the GAO can be appealed by the nation or organization to the Independent Adjudicative Office.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
You will get yelled at for including "anthropology" in this, since not all cultures have humans IC.

Also, while I generally do find the extension of the General Assembly into the day-to-day business of a nation to be fine, I question whether the GA should be mandating what sorts of degrees and classes are available at universities. To be clear, the only thing this proposal does is...create certain types of degrees (if they choose to create them) and then some new classes too. If that is all this is going to do, then that seems to be a bit of a waste of time.

You will get yelled at for including "anthropology" in this, since not all cultures have humans IC.

Also, while I generally do find the extension of the General Assembly into the day-to-day business of a nation to be fine, I question whether the GA should be mandating what sorts of degrees and classes are available at universities. To be clear, the only thing this proposal does is...create certain types of degrees (if they choose to create them) and then some new classes too. If that is all this is going to do, then that seems to be a bit of a waste of time.
Well, the aim is to uphold the importance and place of the humanities in society so that they don't become sacrificed for more practical and lucrative fields of study. If there is another means to do that which I can add to the proposal, then I am open to suggestions.

You’ll likely get a crowd of nations who complain about micromanagement in the General Assembly because as cosmo said, at the end of the day this proposal would seek to A.) Create new degree programs and B.) Create new course classes that correspond with those programs. Which, your intent seems fine here but on the scale you’re proposing to do it I’m not sure how it’d be recieved by member states.

There are a handful of resolutions that “encourage” or “promote” member states to take action A, but the difference being that those resolutions don’t mandate anything and aren’t binding. I think you’re “ENCOURAGES” portion of the proposal is fine, but once you start getting into the “MANDATES” chunk of it that’s where micromanagement issues could arise.

Last edited:
You’ll likely get a crowd of nations who complain about micromanagement in the General Assembly because as cosmo said, at the end of the day this proposal would seek to A.) Create new degree programs and B.) Create new course classes that correspond with those programs. Which, your intent seems fine here but on the scale you’re proposing to do it I’m not sure how it’d be recieved by member states.

There are a handful of resolutions that “encourage” or “promote” member states to take action A, but the difference being that those resolutions don’t mandate anything and aren’t binding. I think you’re “ENCOURAGES” portion of the proposal is fine, but once you start getting into the “MANDATES” chunk of it that’s where micromanagement issues could arise.
I understand your position, but I do think that a mere encouragement with no mandated action taken would not be worth the time of a resolution. I think it's funny I have Cosmo saying it does too little and you saying it does too much. ;)

I understand your position, but I do think that a mere encouragement with no mandated action taken would not be worth the time of a resolution. I think it's funny I have Cosmo saying it does too little and you saying it does too much. ;)
Allow me to rephrase: I am not saying that the proposal does too much. I am saying that what little the proposal does try to do in one section is opening it up for complaints of micromanagement. Overall, this proposal doesn’t attempt to do very much. However, what it does try to do is done on a mandated level which could potentially have it be not well-recieved.

As far as mere encouragement is concerned, there is precedent that supports those types of resolutions passing I believe. If you pass an encouragement or promotion of concept A then the nations voting in favour will do what you want them to do, which is recognize that here arts are worth noticing, learning, and appreciating.

I think mandation is going a bit too far for something so small. It’s not worth the trade-off really.

Last edited:
It was an honest observation, Cosmo. I am open to suggestions as to how to address the mentioned problems.

What if instead a fund was established that was charged to give money to accomplish the current mandates? Instead of mandates I can generalize them and turn them into goals of the fund.

Last edited:
It was an honest observation, Cosmo. I am open to suggestions as to how to address the mentioned problems.

What if instead a fund was established that was charged to give money to accomplish the current mandates? Instead of mandates I can generalize them and turn them into goals of the fund.
That.... seems like it’d be a much better alternative. I’d have to see what that’d look like in writing to be able to truly assess it, but if you were to take that approach we could then address it from there.

I have posted my rewritten version. The emphasis has moved away from mandate and towards funding.
I’m glad to see you’ve made a few changes to the draft. At first reading this looks a lot better and I think it still accomplishes most of what you want it to accomplish whilst also avoiding micromanagement and still focusing on the learning types you want it to have a focus on.

As always, I’ll defer to someone who knows more about the General Assembly and what’s accepted writing there, but this looks like an improvement to me.

Last edited:
Don't take my word for it completely, but I think the new draft might be illegal because of the committee-only rule (i.e. you can't have a resolution that solely deals with a committee, it has to require nations to do something).

I have updated my draft to try and fix the committee only problem. New additions in green also filtering opinions from the NS forum.

Back