The Dark Corner [READ ONLY]

Pikabo

Makopa/Zhen
Discord
pikabo8380
July 4, 2011
Amer, Zirkar Sri Batan

...hope Prydania will find peace. Now, it's gonna be another bad habagat this year. Meteodienst announced increasing heat and humidity in the coming days. Heavy rainfall is already here so... Let me read that missing persons alert again: Waldjäger local office is still looking for Kashe Ganto, Korruzalesh, twenty-eight years old, black hair, black skin, dark brown eyes, six-foot-one, weighs two-hundred pounds. Last seen at BayanSulit supermarket on a night shift-

"Seltsam, seltsam. Kinda strange, isn't it?" Batu said as he mopped on puddles of fizzy colored liquid across the floor. It's good he took out the radio from Bossing's office and put it on the side so they could listen on updates. It will put off their frustration from this mess. A bit too loud though.

Sunder nodded unconsciously, aware Batu's eyes were most likely on the floor. "Ja... 'Thought so too."

With Kash gone overnight, some idiots who saw the mart open and abandoned thought it was a good prank to spill refrigerated beverages on the floor. Not to mention other products they either stole or left lying around in EVERY AISLE! I bet with my part-time wage that they're those jerks from the basketball team.

As much as he'd make conversation, Sunder is trying to focus on cleaning the fridge aisle floor. They have to get everything ready before they open up shop. Bossing told the rest of the staff to come in later so that Sunder and Batu could do it. Just the TWO of THEM...that fat prick. A bunch of thugs trashed the place and Bossing only chose TWO employees, one of whom is a high school student and the other a potential witness to a possible crime, out of more than a dozen ADULTS employed here, to clean EVERYTHING by their TWO selves?

They should all be at home and this place should be closed for investigation! This was the last place Kash was last seen. It surprised Sunder when the police just went up and left when he arrived earlier.

Tsk. Whoever these punks were, Daya is going to check his cameras and the police will figure out how to deal with them. But of course, they will have to deal with Kash first.

Batu gritted his teeth. He took a draw of breath when he lifted the wet mop and plunged it in the bucket trolley. He grunts out, "Some enterprising fucks went free real estate on us!"

Sunder nodded as he mopped the floor. It's bad enough we're one man less.

Hopefully, when they do finish up, the rain would also stop. The rain's so heavy it's as loud as the thunderstorm dropping lightning bolts throughout town. Customers waiting outside (if there are; most likely not) probably won't hear what's going on inside the supermarket, even if Sunder or Batu screamed.

...No signs of his whereabouts have been found. Police so far only found his personal belongings at the supermarket, including his wallet. His co-worker on the night shift claimed he saw Ganto walk out-

"Did the police check behind the fridges? It's big enough for a hiding space."

"I dunno." Why is he asking me? He's been here all night.

Well, it's probably big enough for people to chill on, but it's packed with boxes and products they keep out of the warehouse. Ganto looked up to glance at the shelves next to the fridge aisle and found the space on top of the nearest one is empty-

Hold on... What is that smell?

Sunder sniffed the air. It was faint but definite. "You smell that, Batu?"

Batu kept pushing and dragging the mop across the floor. "Ah... Nein?"

Rolling his eyes, Sunder puts down the mop. "It smells like...gas. I should go check."

"Warten Sie mal! Let me get my scissors."

What? Anyway... Sunder looked ahead where the smell is coming from and saw the roll-up doors to the warehouse are open.

Huh...I thought the warehouse was still locked. Did Bossing come in?

Batu grabbed him on the shoulder. Sunder turned his head to ask what Batu is planning on using his scissors.

But first, Batu whispered to him, "Waren so weich... His eyes were so soft."

Last edited:
Back