[ABANDONED] International Border Security Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aprenencia

Registered
Category: International Security

Strength: Mild

The World Assembly,

RECOGNIZES the definition of a border patrol as a government agency tasked with preventing terrorists, weapons, and illegal immigrants from entering a member nation.

MANDATES that each each member nation's border patrol has the following duties:
  • a. Securing their international border.
    b. Apprehending people within member nations without open borders who cross the borders of member states without going through a port of entry.
    c. Maintaining traffic checkpoints at the the border of a member nation.
    d. Maintaining surveillance of any type along the international border.

INDIVIDUAL member state border patrols who fail to abide by the rules in the above clauses may be subject to an investigation by police within the nation where the border patrol operates for violation of international law.

ENCOURAGING the World Assembly to consider future legislation in order to maintain effective border security along the international border of member states employing a border patrol.

Last edited:
Although this is written pretty well, unfortunately the idea is unachievable in the first place. Protecting borders is a matter of national security, not international. If a nation wants to keep their borders open, who are we say they can't? It only affects them.

I would suggest you to read some passed resolutions to see what kind of things we legislate on in the General Assembly. Here in TNP, we also have a WA 101 course which you can use to familiarize yourself with the WA. Go to this forum and scroll down to find the 5 lessons.

@Gorundu Thanks for responding. The reason I proposed this is because the only resolution that ever addressed border security was General Assembly resolution #117, which was eventually repealed by resolution #206. Would this idea be achievable if I add a clause that exempts nations with open borders from this resolution? When I have more time, I want to take the WA 101 course as well.

@Gorundu Thanks for responding. The reason I proposed this is because the only resolution that ever addressed border security was General Assembly resolution #117, which was eventually repealed by resolution #206. Would this idea be achievable if I add a clause that exempts nations with open borders from this resolution?
I don't think so. The point is this is a matter of national security, not international security, so it's not for the World Assembly to legislate on.

Last edited:
Can i ask lots of thing ? @Aprenencia , im curious about the proposition

GABDO deems that each individual member state border patrol has a legal responsibility to carry out duties that include:
a. Securing International land and sea borders of member states.
Question= what about the sky border ?
b. Apprehending people within member states who cross the borders of member states without going through a port of entry and people who have garnered reasonable suspicion of committing a crime.
Question= "people who have garnered reasonable suspicion of committing a crime." , what will happen if false arrest happen despite reasonable suspicion , does the member states citizen {that apprehend} hold accountable ?
c. Maintaining traffic checkpoints along highways leading from areas near the border of a member state.
Question= Does this traffic checkpoints have patrol roaming nearby or it is stationery ? {since people can just avoid passing the checkpoint via on-foot or off road vehicle }
d. Conducting patrol in cities, transportation checks, and anti-trafficking investigations within member states.
Question= Will there be a standard criteria on patrol ,check and investigation ?
e. Maintaining surveillance along international land and sea borders of member states.
Question= What if the surveillance are used by one of the member state for espionage / unethical purpose {like installing long range modification to record activity unrelated to border protection }

INDIVIDUAL member state border patrols who fail to abide by the rules set by GABDO may be subject to an investigation for violation of international law.
Question = Does failure to maintain border patrol held on same level as the nation that fail to abide the rule

That is all
Signed
Human Resource Leader of Zenaguria

@zenaguria First off, sky borders don't exist and the rest of your questions should be solved by individual border patrols, not the world assembly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back