[DRAFT] Workers' Empowerment Act

Pierce

Registered
Workers’ Empowerment Act
A resolution to empower workers with stronger collective bargaining power.

Category: Regulation
Area of Effect: Labour Rights
Proposed by: Westminstra (Pierce)

Acknowledging that workers often do not have enough bargaining power to influence corporate decisions over employees,
Seeking to strengthen the collective bargaining power of workers to negotiate and secure better benefits, wages, and workplace conditions,
Deeply concerned that the disenfranchisement of workers’ rights leads to less safety in the workplace and unsustainable wages to support working families,
Emphasizing the importance of collective bargaining for the economic stability and overall well-being of workers,

Hereby,

Declares that workers have the right to collective bargaining to negotiate and secure contracts related to wages, benefits, and workplace safety,
Requires corporations to allow workers to elect 50 percent of the members to their board of directors in order to participate in decisions related to wages and benefits,
Reaffirms that workers have the right to strike in order to bargain for better conditions and benefits,
Encourages member states to form or broaden agencies to enforce existing worker protection laws,
Creates the World Assembly Labor Agency (WALA),
Empowers the WALA with the responsibility to ensure that member states are enforcing worker protections and protecting workers’ collective bargaining rights through legal representation and advice, and to assist in overseeing elections of workers’ board members.

This is my draft. Some parts I feel are a bit repetitive. I'd welcome any suggestions on changing the wording or adding to it. Should the name of the proposal be changed? Should the 50% be lowered to make it more likely to pass?

Last edited:
Back