Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
sc.jpg

Commend Kuriko

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Kuriko
Proposed by: Agalaesia | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Asserting that Kuriko has been a force for good for over 8 years, and has contributed to NationStates through various ways including coordinating regional defence; authoring Security Council proposals and developing a multitude of regions,

Noting that Kuriko has been prolific in their efforts to bring the Security Council to action; and has authored the greatest number of Security Council Resolutions,

Further noting that Kuriko utilised the power of the Security Council for the maximum benefit of vulnerable regions, including helping to intervene and restore regional sovereignty to native nations of The Monarchist Entente, resulting in the stability of the region and preventing the complete destruction of the region and it’s community,

Observing that Kuriko was elected to the position of World Assembly Secretary General, building a large movement in support of their vision to create a better future for the World Assembly,

Recognising that Kuriko founded the major region The Hole to Hide In which at times has contained over 400 members,

Further Recognising Kuriko’s work in The Hole to Hide In which includes administering the region’s assets and continually ensuring the region’s activity,

Attesting that Kuriko has held leadership positions within several high profile and distinguished defender organisations and has served served as a Tactical Officer for the The Thousand Islands Treaty Organisation; and was a Warden Commander of The Order of The Grey Wardens,

Applauding the successful defence missions that Kuriko has led and co-ordinated, including their vital role in halting an attempted coup of The East Pacific in 2019 by mobilising defending forces, training members of the government to effectively handle the coup and assisting nations in their ability to administer The East Pacific following the conflict,

Highlighting that Kuriko has additionally oversaw and contributed to the regional defence of 10000 Islands in the capacity of World Assembly Delegate for over a year; maintaining 10000 Islands’ world assembly voting bloc and co-ordinating voting and discussion procedures within the region,

Appreciating Kuriko’s diplomatic contributions to 10000 Islands as the second-longest serving World Assembly Delegate of the region, negotiating and signing notable treaties including:

Further Asserting that the contributions of Kuriko go farther than those in this proposal and have benefitted and improved the current state of numerous regions and nations across NationStates,

Hereby Commends Kuriko.

Co-authored by Markanite and Concrete Slab

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

For.

Kuriko and I disagree in nearly every situation, but I respect strong authorship (whether I like the results or not), and think that it should be encouraged-- especially in our current environment.

Invalid vote btw.

Last edited:
Present.

I personally support this proposal, but I was involved in campaigning for it to (hopefully) reach quorum. Thus, and to be neutral, I'm personally abstaining from this vote. :)

Present.

I personally support this proposal, but I was involved in campaigning for it to (hopefully) reach quorum. Thus, and to be neutral, I'm personally abstaining from this vote. :)
Doesn't take much for you to abstain :p.

Present. Well I find the proposal quite okay, I note that the original forum discussion does raise some points that was not changed. Also find the timing of the commendation rather odd, being right after the WA Sec-Gen election where Kuriko was elected Sec-Gen.

Against - Kuriko campaigned heavily against COE's commendation and for that, I oppose this.

For. If we're voting against because XKI, I'd note TNP has voted in support of multiple past commendations of XKIers before. Anyway, Kuriko is a good person and generally not responsible for any of the negative perceptions we may have on XKI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back