[SC - At Vote] Commend Kuriko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you surprised Kuriko campaigned against Commend COE though? I wasn't. It was a commendation for a raider, what did you think she would do?
Extend the same courtesy we extended XKI's round of backpatting for relatively minor accomplishments? No, I wasn't surprised, but it's perfectly acceptable that we should her commendation in response.

I am For the proposal because objectively I feel that Kuriko has made a strong contribution to the game as an author and as a regional leader.

From what I have seen here and elsewhere the arguments against seem to be:

1) Kuriko’s counter campaign for the commend COE proposal;
2) issues with the draft and/or the author not taking feedback;
3) Kuriko is still a delegate and people should wait till her term is up;
4) Kuriko was just elected sec gen and so shouldn’t be commended (wot).

Were you surprised Kuriko campaigned against Commend COE though? I wasn't. It was a commendation for a raider, what did you think she would do?
The issue is not simply that they campaigned so much as the manner in which they campaigned. It was in my opinion an extraordinarily disingenuous campaign. In particular they quoted an alleged native of a recent invasion that COE had nothing to do with. The quote was also unverifiable.

It was purely a manipulation tactic to get WA nations to vote against because of an evil raider, rather than any substantive opposition to COE or his actual contributions to raiderdom, or the proposal itself. It also worked. Which is regrettable.

Kuriko sent that telegram on behalf of the Council of 9. But ultimately she sent it. Kuriko knows where I stand on that particular issue :P

For. If we're voting against because XKI, I'd note TNP has voted in support of multiple past commendations of XKIers before. Anyway, Kuriko is a good person and generally not responsible for any of the negative perceptions we may have on XKI.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the bolded part of your statement?

Kuriko has been one of their longer serving Delegates and has served as Delegate multiple times. Over 500 days in the past years. Certainly for the majority of the time for the past couple of years. Given Kuriko is the Delegate and as such is head of FA... wouldn’t she be responsible for those negative perceptions if they do exist?

I don’t think people are voting against because of negative perceptions. But I could be wrong. Nonetheless I’m sure Kuriko would rather hear what they are so she can address them.

I should add that this proposal is going to pass. So this discussion is purely academic at this point.

My count is 13-12-5. Still voting against.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the bolded part of your statement?

Kuriko has been one of their longer serving Delegates and has served as Delegate multiple times. Over 500 days in the past years. Certainly for the majority of the time for the past couple of years. Given Kuriko is the Delegate and as such is head of FA... wouldn’t she be responsible for those negative perceptions if they do exist?

I don’t think people are voting against because of negative perceptions. But I could be wrong. Nonetheless I’m sure Kuriko would rather hear what they are so she can address them.

I should add that this proposal is going to pass. So this discussion is purely academic at this point.
XKI has been frequently accused of cult-like behaviour or forcing out people who disagree with the people at the top. Grub seems to be where the majority of these accusations are targeted towards. Sure, as Delegate Kuriko would be responsible for FA, but she doesn't hold any power over any other government official, so it seems hardly fair to pin the blame on her.

XKI has been frequently accused of cult-like behaviour or forcing out people who disagree with the people at the top. Grub seems to be where the majority of these accusations are targeted towards. Sure, as Delegate Kuriko would be responsible for FA, but she doesn't hold any power over any other government official, so it seems hardly fair to pin the blame on her.
:blink:

You uh... Do realize that the player Grub is not terribly active nowadays? Mark is the Chief Executive and controls the founder. I'm told Grub is still around every once in a while but I don't think he has time to be running players out of the region...

Last edited:
:blink:

You uh... Do realize that the player Grub is not terribly active nowadays? Mark is the Chief Executive and controls the founder. I'm told Grub is still around every once in a while but I don't think he has time to be running players out of the region...
I didn't say the accusations were recent...

sc.jpg

Commend Kuriko

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Kuriko
Proposed by: Agalaesia | Onsite Topic

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!
For

Against.

Because, I have seen the current Security Council voting proposal right now and I am just wondering if it's legible for the Security Council to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back