Communique of Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discord
COE#7110
I have some extra time on my hands due to coronavirus which has given me a chance to do some thinking. I think it's time for me to publicly admit what I and most of you probably already know: I am never going to be as active as I used to be. NationStates is not holding my interest like it did in the good old days.

I know better than to make any predictions at this point about how active or inactive I may be in the future. What I do know is that I can't safely make any commitments about activity either. Unfulfilled commitments have a way of bugging me. I'll be fine, going about my business in RL, and all of a sudden, niggling in the back of my mind is this little voice saying "You told someone you were going to endotart and you never did. There are important discussions going on that you haven't contributed to. You don't know who the Vice Delegate is right now, do you?"

I'm not leaving (any more than I've already left), but I am hereby resigning from the Security Council, and I will probably resign from the WA as well. I may or may not become more active in the future, but if I do, it will be because I want to, not because there's something I have to do. Resigning from the WA will also give me more flexibility in how I may choose to become involved in NS in the future.

This is very sad to hear COE, but it sounds like it is for the best. We were happy to have you and always appreciated your input. Happy trails.

Thank you for your dedicated service to the region. Enjoy pseudo-retirement, hope it treats you well.

A responsible choice. Thank you for your service. Any chance you'll help with Democracy Day this year again?

Last edited:
A responsible choice. Thank you for your service. Any chance you'll help with Democracy Day this year again?
That's a good question. I'm not prepared to commit to anything at the moment. The best way to get me on board in a major way will be for someone to give me a calendar with deadlines and ask me if I can keep to it, well ahead of when the first deadline would be.

Which is to say, I think I am probably capable of doing all the individual tasks I did in the past - making the kickstarter, producing the rewards, mailing everything, handling the financials, but I don't think I can be the one to take initiative in the planning stages and drive activity to make the project a success. Someone else will probably need to take charge.

Thank you for being a model North Pacifican all these years and more so thank you for your dedication to making events such as Democracy Day a success annually. I’m very glad to hear that although you’re stepping down from the Security Council you’ll still be around when you’re able and you’ll still give what energy you have to this great region. Very commendable, very responsible, I applaud your service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back