[Locked] Repeal "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"

Asterguard

Registered
TNP Nation
Asterguard
Discord
Maisel#5197
The World Assembly,

Understanding the resolutions goal to mediate the severity of punishments for capital crimes, and spare the lives of those accused of it.

Noting that the resolutions passage was successful by a margin of 769 member votes.

Asserting that GA Resolution #443 violates a nations ability to determine its own laws and punishments for infractions of them.

Expressing that the World Assembly wishes to grant a viable source of control over member states internal policy, and does not wish to violate these morals.

Hereby repeals GA#443 "Preventing the Execution of Innocents"

National Sovereignty (commonly abbreviated as NatSov) is not taken seriously as an argument for repeals in the General Assembly. If this is still the line of thinking for your future draft, I encourage you to rethink it.

I also encourage you to join the Executive Staff for WA Affairs (which you can apply for here) to learn more about how a successful resolution is written.

EDIT: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=36871067#p36871067

Last edited:
Truthfully, I would be open to supporting a repeal of #443 if it was replaced by a resolution that totally outlawed capital punishment, but I don't think that's the angle you are going for here.

Truthfully, I would be open to supporting a repeal of #443 if it was replaced by a resolution that totally outlawed capital punishment, but I don't think that's the angle you are going for here.

New draft posted to this forum. Check it out and lmk what you think. #443 outlawed capital punishment but did it rather sneakily which is why I'm appealing it. I plan to replace it with a proposal to regulate capital punishment instead of outright forbidding it, which is essentially what it ended up doing.

I must ask why it isn't more acceptable to just publish a law totally outlawing capital punishment without repealing 443. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Back