-
TNP Nation
Oracle
Discord
Hyperion#1325
WDHPoA5.png

"That's what I do: I drink and I know things." — Tyrion

Greetings Citizens of the North Pacific,

As you may be aware, there is a special election taking place for the Vice Delegacy. By the conclusion of this special election, there will be roughly one month left in the term. If elected once again to this office, here are a few key areas that I will work on with the members of the Security Council, the Executive, and the Cards Guild:

1. Active Endotarting: This will be something that I work on myself and with members of the Security Council. The goal will be that members of the Security Council will attempt to exchange endorsements with nations on a daily or frequent basis. This is a fundamental step in building endorsements on nations. To assist with building up endorsement numbers, I will be posting a weekly World Assembly Development Program alert either in the form of a dispatch or telegram targeting nations who have not endorsed specific members of the council and the Delegate. Additionally, I will work to compile a list of nations who are not keepers and encourage these nations to become Keepers through targeted manual telegrams.
  2. Weekly Updates: Continuation of the Weekly Vice Delegate Update, which will continue to provide insight into the workings of the Security Council, up-to-date information on the endorsement numbers of the Delegate, Vice Delegate and members of the Security Council. Additionally, as discussed during my previous campaign, I will be expanding the Weekly Update to include summaries of discussions held within Security Council Chambers.
  3. Security Council Weeks: This will be an event that has been in the works for some time that I would like to see deployed before the end of the term. This event will focus on members of the Security Council by dedicating specific days to highlight the history of these individuals and their contributions to the North Pacific and beyond. Events will include trivia, AMAs, and endorsement games.
  4. Attempt to gain the #1 Region in World Assembly Endorsements: This goal simply speaks for itself. We as a region have fallen to second place in these standings behind Europe. I would like to see us continue to exchange endorsements across all nations actively and once again retake the first position for this ranking!
I have kept things relatively simple for this Special Election. Please feel free to ask me any questions, and I will be happy to address them.

Warmest Regards,

WDHPoA5.png

WDHPoA5.png

"That's what I do: I drink and I know things." — Tyrion

As is tradition with previous campaigns, I like to let my Game of Thrones nerd self out. Thank you for indulging me in my moment. For those that do not know me, my name is Artemis and I am running for a second term as Vice Delegate of the North Pacific. I have been honored to serve in this position since September and it is my hope that I will have your support in continuing to serve for an additional four
months.

View attachment 174
Past Experience
Here is a short summary of my history and experience within the North Pacific. I have served as Speaker of the Regional Assembly from January 2019 through August 2019, and Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly from September 2018 through December 2018. I am a current member of the Security Council and have served since December of 2018. I have also previously served as Minister of Culture under Gladio, Deputy Minister of Culture, Executive Staff Member and an Election Commissioner.

View attachment 174
Summary of the Previous Term
In my September Campaign, which will be spoilered in the end, I discussed some fundamental aspects of the office that if elected I would work to achieve. These were goals that were met and some new goals were created. During the previous term, Weekly Updates were given regarding the Security Council and towards the end of the term, these updates were being published to our onsite community to keep members there informed about the status and activity of the Security Council. This is something that I am proud of and look forward to continuing to pursue. This past term we evaluated and made changes to the WADP program to improve and expand upon one of the best programs in the entirety of NS.

View attachment 174
Continuation of the Fundamentals
A key promise and obligation that I will continue to make as I have done so in previous campaigns and terms are promising to perform the fundamental duties of the office of Vice Delegate. Timely security checks for Citizenship Applications, monitoring the security of the region and providing oversight of the Security Council.

View attachment 174
Summary of Activites of the Security Council

This term I plan to expand on the Weekly Vice Delegate Update. This will include a broader summary of the discussion held within the chambers of the Security Council. These summaries will vary from week to week depending on the nature of discussion within the council.

View attachment 174
Cards and their Future
Cards are something that I freely admit was a weakness of mine at the start of this previous term. But I am seeing their potential and benefit for encouraging activity and participation in events and the WADP. This coming term, I would work with our Card Guild leadership on ways to improve the incentive for our cards program and create a close working relationship between the Vice Delegacy and the TNP Cards Guild.

View attachment 174
Endorsements
This is something that has bothered me over the past term. We have had quite a few discussions about the cause and possible solutions. So in conjunction with the Security Council, the Delegate, and the Ministry of Culture, I would like for us to host a region-wide endorsement event with a variety of awards and prizes for those who participate. If elected, I would like to see the average endorsement count of the Security Council reach 75% with the Delegate hitting an endorsement rating of 80%.

In conclusion, thank you for reading my campaign for Vice Delegate. It truly has been a pleasure this past term to serve as your Vice Delegate and I hope that I will have the opportunity to continue to serve the region. I believe that I have shown I can reliably deliver what is required of the Vice Delegate and then some. With that, I hope that you will strongly consider me when casting your ballot in a few days for Vice Delegate. Happy New Year to everyone!

~Artemis

View attachment 174
"The big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling." — Varys
The wheels have turned and in the end were broken like none before. Pardon me while I continue to burn out my frustration regarding the final season of Game of Thrones. But in true election fashion, I have continued to keep a Game of Thrones quote to start my campaign.

True to my previous campaigns, I believe in promising the fundamentals of the office in which I am running. Often times this can be overlooked in a campaign and we look to see what the candidate is promising and forgetting to ask if they can do the basics. This not simply talking about just TNP elections or even NS elections. This is a concept I believe in for real life matters.

But this is NS and I am running for the Vice Delegacy of the North Pacfic and I am asking for your support in my bid for office.

Experience:

A little about my experience within the realm of TNP. I have served as the Speaker of the Regional Assembly since January 2019 till the end of this election. This was a position that I did not initially ever see myself occupying, but one that I have learned quite a bit from. One thing I felt that I was able to accomplish was bringing the office back to the basic functions of its duties. Evaluating aspects of what the office was doing and had previously done, I felt that it distracted from the core of its duties and worked to reduce those activities and focus on the fundamentals. I also have served as a member of the Security Council since December of 2018, offering me insight and experience with fellow Council members. Other positions that I have held in the region include Minister of Culture, Deputy Minister of Culture, Election Commissioner, Deputy Speaker, and staff member of various ministries.

Weekly Updates:

As Vice Delegate, I will continue the weekly updates of the Security Council activity that Sil Dorsett and Pallaith performed. This was in my opinion an incredible way for members of the region to see what members of the Security Council were being active and engaged through Endo-Tarting. As part of the updates, I intend to do a spotlight on a member of the council who could use a boost on endorsements and run an alternating campaign of dispatches and telegrams. I would like to explore reserving a section on the WFE for this spotlighted SC member.

WADP:

Information provided from the WADP Survey will prove invaluable in evaluating the effectiveness of the program and areas that can be improved upon. This is something that I plan to work with members of the Security Council, the Delegate, and r3n on taking the information provided and turning that into improvements for the WADP.

Citizenship Checks:

@Sil Dorsett put it best 8 months ago when he said “I don’t believe any check should be treated as just running through the motions.” I will freely admit there were a few cases during my Speakership that I felt I was just running through the motions. The Vice Delegate check is quite different from the Speaker’s. The Vice Delegate has traditionally only had 3 days to determine if an individual is a threat to the region. Today that has been increased to 7 days. This allows for more time for any issues to be raised about an application. I would make sure to take input from the Security Council in situations where I wanted a second opinion on an application. Additionally I would welcome the Security Council to speak up on an application if they feel that person needs to be looked at more.

In conclusion, I would like to thank you all for your support during my two terms as Speaker. I hope to have shown you that I am prepared to take on the office of the Vice Delegate and that I have the ability to do it to the level expected here in the North Pacific. I encourage you all to ask questions, provide feedback, and continue to participate in these elections and after. I have learned quite a lot during my term as Speaker and serving on the Security Council and I hope that I will be able to continue learning as your next Vice Delegate.

Valar morghulis, Valar Dohaeris,

~Artemis

~This had was sponsored by the PAC for Keeping TNP Secure~

Last edited:
If elected, would you like to serve simultaneously as Minister of Communications?

Do you plan on running for this office in May? Since you're already in 2nd place in endorsements, I'm not too worried about whether you'd just be keeping the seat warm for a month. But, for the sake of fairness in making you answer the same question that I asked your opponent, what additions to your platform would you make if this were for a five-month term, or do you feel your current platform covers it?

What are you going to do to get us first in WA endorsements? It’s not a very large goal now, but I’d still like to see that you intend to do something that HA doesn’t already, and it’s always nice to create a buffer zone.

Not sure if this is a conventional question, but who do you think should take your spot as Minister of Communications if you become VD?

What is the best thing about me? How awesome am I?
You're definitely a dependable player and I have enjoyed seeing you grow since joining the region.

Do you plan on running for this office in May? Since you're already in 2nd place in endorsements, I'm not too worried about whether you'd just be keeping the seat warm for a month. But, for the sake of fairness in making you answer the same question that I asked your opponent, what additions to your platform would you make if this were for a five-month term, or do you feel your current platform covers it?
I am considering running for office come May. Already being in P2 in terms of endorsements will help alleviate any transition that would need to take place and allow for me as Vice Delegate to focus on other efforts, such as bolstering the Delegate and other Security Council endorsement numbers.

I believe that my platform for this special election will serve as the core plan of action if this would turn into a 5-month term. I would expand upon higher expectations and goals for endorsement numbers for the Security Council. This would include building up the average Security Council endorsement percentage to 70% and to maintain or improve that rating.

What are you going to do to get us first in WA endorsements? It’s not a very large goal now, but I’d still like to see that you intend to do something that HA doesn’t already, and it’s always nice to create a buffer zone.

Not sure if this is a conventional question, but who do you think should take your spot as Minister of Communications if you become VD?
Something that I think will help with this is the Security Council Weeks, during this we will encourage nations to focus their endorsement efforts on singular members of the Security Council. Nations who actively participate will potentially be eligible for some rewards with the top performers being offered extra awards. I plan to work with members of the Security Council as well as the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Delegate on ways that we can further augment and improve the WADP program to help the North Pacific maintain the number one spot.

I believe that there are a few individuals who could take on the Ministry of Communications if I was elected and do a fantastic job. Ultimately that is a decision for the Delegate, who I will happily offer any advice on potential candidates.

Good to see you running for this position Artemis. I was disappointed with the outcome of the last election and enjoyed working with you in the past term. I know you well, however I do have some questions that I think I'd be interested to hear your answer too.

What do you believe is your greatest strength?

What about your greatest flaw? How do you manage this?

Do you believe that members of the Security Council should cease endorsing during a transition if requested by the Vice Delegate? For the purpose of this scenario, let's assume that the Vice Delegate is already above the legal minimum for endorsing.

What role do you think the Vice Delegate should have in the Executive (if any)? Do you think the Vice Delegate needs to be across the work of the various executive offices in case they have to "step up" into the role?

How would you compare your recent experience of having to push authors to meet submission deadlines for Communications to your previous experience motivating SC members to be more active/contribute more?

Under what circumstances would you ask a member of the Security Council to consider resigning? Under what circumstances would you initiate a recall against a member of the Security Council?

Do you believe the Security Council is a trusted and strong institution right now? What would make it stronger?

Good to see you running for this position Artemis. I was disappointed with the outcome of the last election and enjoyed working with you in the past term. I know you well, however I do have some questions that I think I'd be interested to hear your answer too.
I look forward to answering your questions :)

What do you believe is your greatest strength?
I would say my greatest strength is dependability and consistency.

What about your greatest flaw? How do you manage this?
My greatest flaw at times is taking on more than I can handle. This is something I struggle with in RL. I work to manage this by keeping things organized as best as possible, using a planner for everything. Before I take on new things, I sit down and evaluate if I have the time and the mental capacity to take something on.

Do you believe that members of the Security Council should cease endorsing during a transition if requested by the Vice Delegate? For the purpose of this scenario, let's assume that the Vice Delegate is already above the legal minimum for endorsing.
If the Vice Delegate is above the legal minimum for endorsing, I believe that members of the Security Council should cease actively seeking endorsements. I do not believe that any member of the Security Council should cease endorsing other nations or returning endorsements. Security Councillors should cease sending telegrams or making dispatches or activities beyond sending endorsements.

What role do you think the Vice Delegate should have in the Executive (if any)? Do you think the Vice Delegate needs to be across the work of the various executive offices in case they have to "step up" into the role?
Legally, the Vice Delegate is considered a member of the Executive Branch. In terms of an actual role within the Executive, I would say that they can serve in an advisory capacity to the Delegate and the Executive Council. It is important that they be up-to-date on many workings and status of the Executive Branch in the event that they are needed to assume the Delegacy.

How would you compare your recent experience of having to push authors to meet submission deadlines for Communications to your previous experience motivating SC members to be more active/contribute more?
To be honest, I've found it easier to motivate Security Council members to increase their activity than having to push authors to meet submission deadlines for Communications. Members of the Security Council are devoted to seeing the security of the North Pacific maintained and have previously when pushed stepped up.

Under what circumstances would you ask a member of the Security Council to consider resigning? Under what circumstances would you initiate a recall against a member of the Security Council?
This is an interesting question. Both aspects of this question, in my opinion, revolve around the activity of the Security Council member. First, if a member was consistently absent from Security Council discussions, votes, lack of endotarting activity, and had a lack of community presence, I would talk to this member and encourage them to pick-up their activity. If after a week or so (depending on the discussion with the member) their activity does not pick up on a consistent basis, I would approach them about resigning from the Security Council. If they refuse to resign and continue to display a lack of activity on the council, then at that point I would consider a recall after discussing it with other members of the Security Council.

Do you believe the Security Council is a trusted and strong institution right now? What would make it stronger?
I do believe that the Security Council is trusted overall by the community and is considered a strong institution. There will always be things that can be changed and improved upon to make the institution stronger. One thing that I think can be improved upon is holding more non-sensitive discussions in a public setting. This could give the public more insight into the non-sensitive aspect of the Security Council.

My greatest flaw at times is taking on more than I can handle. This is something I struggle with in RL. I work to manage this by keeping things organized as best as possible, using a planner for everything. Before I take on new things, I sit down and evaluate if I have the time and the mental capacity to take something on.
A sound strategy, which I wish I'd followed for much of the past 20 years.

Glad to see you come back to try again at a position after the disappointing result the last time round. Had you considered what was the problem that resulted in your loss the last time round and if so, what were they? Were there particular changes you had made to your campaign (in terms of your campaigning style or your campaign content) this time round?

Back