Status
Not open for further replies.

Krevt

NPA Sergeant
TNP Nation
Krevt
Discord
Krevt#3351
As of recently, The powers that residents hold got me into thinking, as why do these residents don't enjoy the same priveledges as citizens.
Then after some realization, I thought, "yeah maybe because they don't apply for Citizenship or They have the least interest in TNP's politics". At the same time, the residents also register on the forums knowing that they may get something useful out of it.
But, the fact of the matter is, they also have a crucial role in maintaining the region's security. Even though they don't go through forums, they indeed endorse the security council, the delegate and basically the things they may be instructed through via telegram in NationStates.
Also, Residents maybe not in the majority but form an important section of TNP's population. So, the laws that are passed here, have a direct or an indirect effect to these residents also.
This brings me to the final point. I agree with the fact that since they aren't interested in TNPs politics, they shouldn't be allowed to Vote in Elections, but in case of legislation, we should allow them to vote.
Resident's Powers Bill:
1. Clause 2 of Article 2. Regional Assembly of The Constitution shall be amended to read as follows
2. The Regional Assembly will consist of all citizens and the residents (as per the last clause)

2. A new clause shall be added to Article 2. Regional Assembly of The Constitution
Any Resident of The North Pacific that maintains a nation within the region for atleast 20 days shall be allowed to vote in Regional Assembly

Last edited:
If you think residents should enjoy the same privileges, and so see everything citizens can see, why did you post this in the Private Halls that is only accessible to citizens?

Last edited:
Moved to the general RA forum as this does not contain sensitive information.

The reason that Residents are unable to vote on legislation is the same reason they are not allowed to vote in elections. The reason that Residents cannot vote is that their accounts aren't scrutinised in the same way that Citizens have.

Residency only requires a nation in TNP and an account on this forum, you do know how stupidly easy it is to make puppet nations and forum accounts. right? Citizens have had their IPs checked so that we know it is a unique user that casts each vote and prevents people from creating multiple accounts to have greater influence over whether a motion in this assembly passes or not.

This is a non-starter, in my opinion.

Citizens are also checked for IC security threats by the Vice Delegate, and take a legally binding oath in order to hold them to account if they break our laws. Citizens have a much higher level of accountability than Residents.

I see.
Nevermind, I've cleared my doubts and I no longer seek to move it for a vote or further discussion,as this bill would only lead to more of a loophole mechanism in regional security.

I see.
Nevermind, I've cleared my doubts and I no longer seek to move it for a vote or further discussion,as this bill would only lead to more of a loophole mechanism in regional security.

As this legislative motion has been withdrawn by the proposer, the topic is locked and has been archived. Should the proposer wish to reopen the discussion on this matter, they can contact the Speaker, Delegate or Global Moderator to have this topic restored to the appropriate forum.

Thank you for your participation in the Regional Assembly, @Krevt, I hope you try your hand at writing legislation again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back