[Draft] On the Health and Financial Well-being of Workers

Cosmosplosion

the ceo of antifa
On the Health and Financial Well-being of Workers

Category: Regulation - Area: Labour Rights

Acknowledging the importance of workers throughout the universe,

Further acknowledging the importance of worker-related resolutions in the past,

Assessing the situation and understanding that while we have made great progress on the area of workers’ rights, there is still more to be done,

Furthermore, while this Assembly has done a great deal of work in relation to contagious disease, workers are often neglected when discussing health,

Recognizing that in some instances, workers who have contracted an infectious disease will return to their workplace, due to financial needs and societal expectations,

Further recognizing that this leads to further spread of contagious diseases, including at travel-related destinations such as bus-stops, airports, spaceports, and the like,

Also supporting workers in their life experiences, such as the arrival of offspring or death of family members and believing workers should be allowed to celebrate, grieve, and grow closer to others,

Hereby,

Defines “reasonable work leave”, for the purposes of this resolution, as a specified time period that an individual is not required to attend work in the event they are at risk of spreading a contagious disease knowingly, a family member experiences a medical or life-ending event, or they produce offspring or their significant other does the same, while receiving compensation equal to their expected wage during this time period,

Mandates that all workers receive reasonable work leave in the amount of twelve percent of all expected work periods within a reasonable timeframe,

Further mandates that employers, including government agencies, may not take retribution on workers who use their reasonable work leave, in any form,

Encourages hygiene and sanitation in work environments, as needed by each species.

For,
I just advise making a clearer leave time. "Reasonable time frame," in opinion, is just too broad. Also will they be getting full pay, or is it reduced?

For,
I just advise making a clearer leave time. "Reasonable time frame," in opinion, is just too broad. Also will they be getting full pay, or is it reduced?
I am probably going to update the "Reasonable time frame" to "Typical fiscal period" or something along those lines. Not entirely sure what the best way to be inclusive on that is, considering everyone has different "years".

As for the pay part, see the last part of the definition of Reasonable Work Leave. It is full compensation.

I am probably going to update the "Reasonable time frame" to "Typical fiscal period" or something along those lines. Not entirely sure what the best way to be inclusive on that is, considering everyone has different "years".

As for the pay part, see the last part of the definition of Reasonable Work Leave. It is full compensation.
Yes, I see it know. I must've overlooked it. Overall a great proposal.

I would definitely vote for this resolution. It is very well written and is a necessary extension of worker's rights.

Back