Questions

lol

Why do you think I voted for you without reading your campaign or asking you any questions?

Does this make me an ill informed voter?

Why do you think I voted for you without reading your campaign or asking you any questions?
Because you thought it would be funny, or because you have prior knowledge of me that gave you confidence in me.
Does this make me an ill informed voter?
It could. For many others it would. But you have more information about me than a campaign could give, so I'm not sure that it does.

Why has it taken you so long to post a campaign topic?

Do you believe that failing to put forth a campaign prior to the voting period beginning sets bad precedent for candidates hoping to be elected to office? If not, do you believe credibility and prior experience are viable stand-ins for actually delivering a campaign?

Ultimately, had you put forth a campaign I likely would have voted for you. But I refuse to support a candidate who doesn’t put forth a campaign, as that’s a huge portion of what I assess individuals in prior to the voting period beginning. If I feel this way, it’s likely others do as well. Does the prospect of losing voters for this reason concern you at all?

Since you clearly aren't taking this process seriously, why should anyone vote for you?
To translate my original answer: life.

If you mean seriously in the sense of respecting and valuing the voters and democracy, I would strongly disagree with your assessment.

If you mean seriously in the sense of showing efforts allocated to politicking and suasion, I indeed have not. It was not possible for me this week.
Do you believe that failing to put forth a campaign prior to the voting period beginning sets bad precedent for candidates hoping to be elected to office?
It may be a poor precedent. I regret not posting earlier. I had hoped to have some time before nominations closed, much less before voting started, but that did not happen.
If not, do you believe credibility and prior experience are viable stand-ins for actually delivering a campaign?
Historically we have sometimes elected candidates who did not campaign over candidates who did. But I don't think that's best for our polity.
Ultimately, had you put forth a campaign I likely would have voted for you. But I refuse to support a candidate who doesn’t put forth a campaign, as that’s a huge portion of what I assess individuals in prior to the voting period beginning. If I feel this way, it’s likely others do as well. Does the prospect of losing voters for this reason concern you at all?
Yes and no. I am ready to serve as Justice but I will continue to participate in The North Pacific whether I get 90 votes or 0, and I won't take an electoral defeat under these circumstances as meaning I should not stand for office in the future. If my fellow citizens wish my service, they can vote for it, if not, that is democracy.

Gotta give you props for having the balls to say what you have thus far in this topic. Agreed with the above. Whether elected or not you are and will remain a respected member of this community and public servant.

Last edited:
Back