Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew

sc.jpg

Commend 00000 A Wold Power
Category: Commendation | Nominee: 00000 A World Power
Proposed by: Sargon Reman | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the region of 00000 A World Power for stunning long-term contributions to international peace and stability,

AWARE that 00000 A World Power chose early on to utilize its influence as one of the largest regions in the world, notably from 2008 to 2010, in directing its military efforts towards "Peace Through Defense", it's regional motto,

HAILING that the Regional Defense Force (RDF) was one of the most active militaries in the world and deployed nearly 600 times to aid natives from the detrimental effects of raider activity,

PRAISING 00000 A World Power for its iconic feats in intelligence gathering and the professionalism in conducting consequential intelligence operations which have fundamentally shaped the international community, including:

- Working tirelessly behind the scenes to help regions manage their own borders, offering unconditional support to regions of all kinds including through intelligence sharing arrangements and direct lines of communication with feeder delegates,

- Establishing and co-ordinating international support for the native resistance in The North Pacific during the rogue delegacy of Lewis and Clark,

- Creating a joint-intelligence centre where the Intelligence Council of 00000 A World Power supported the long-term stability of the three-year delegacy of Moo-cows with guns in The Pacific through their expertise in monitoring international threats,

- The infiltration of DEN, The Brotherhood of Blood, The Black Hawks, The Black Riders, The Last Kingdom and Unknown among others, where intelligence agents substantially undermined organizational operations overwhelmingly to the benefit of the international community,

IMPRESSED that on September 15, 2009, 00000 A World Power became one of the only regions in history to simultaneously hold Warzone Sandbox, Warzone Asia, Warzone Europe, Warzone Airspace, Warzone Australia and Warzone Africa, as part of an agreement to stabilize regional governments from external aggression and without any outside military assistance or support,

RECALLING that 00000 A World Power was one of the most prominent contributors to the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), an inter-regional defense conglomerate, where they eventually operated much of the organizations intelligence capabilities,

COGNIZANT that 00000 A World Power was awarded the title of "Best Newcomer" at the Defender Awards of 2008 and one of only two regions to be awarded the Eagles Disobey Award as a result of efforts to go above and beyond in keeping free regions free, as well as raising residents that have gone on to win international recognitions from the defender community on numerous occasions,

PLEASED that the region of 00000 A World Power has collectively been known for its cordial and well-natured approach to diplomacy with friends and foes alike - often drawing in a wider a circle of regions to honorable causes,

SEEKING to commemorate the goodwill of 00000 A World Power as a beacon to future regions and their governments,

HEREBY commends 00000 A World Power.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

I can’t find any supporting evidence of their support of TNP, or that they established and coordinated international opposition.

Secondly I don’t think I’ve ever seen life in this region - maybe @Great Bights Mum OR @Eluvatar could comment on their assistance against Lewis and Clarke?

Against, for now.

FOR. Those guys were extremely helpful during the Lewis & Clark days. We needed a lot of help, and they had the troops - and they also had friends who had the troops. Though the region is not as large and active as it was in years past, it is on my list of all-time favorite UCRs.

FOR. Those guys were extremely helpful during the Lewis & Clark days. We needed a lot of help, and they had the troops - and they also had friends who had the troops. Though the region is not as large and active as it was in years past, it is on my list of all-time favorite UCRs.

Thank you for the context.

I change my vote to For accordingly.

For (invalid) based on GBM’s experience.

Edit: or I would be for, if I felt the proposal was well-researched and well-written enough.

Last edited:
FOR. As a former native of AWP native back in the day, I can tell you that this region is deserving of being Commended. As GBM noted above, they were very helpful to us during the Lewis and Clark coup, and the RDF (AWP's military) has helped countless other regions out through the years either as a part of the FRA or as a regional military. Full support from me.

While Taijitu's support for TNP was unrelated to AWP, AWP was certainly a big player in getting support together in 2008.

For.

My reasoning for voting Against:

While I recognise that AWP may have proven useful and supportive to The North Pacific in that particular conflict, it is worth noting that conflict is over a decade old. In that sense, while it is important, it is also vital that we consider recent actions of AWP when determining how we vote.

The nation known as "Woodlea Grove", which historically resided in the nominee for the commendation, sent a mass telegram to every WA nation in Balder with a request to unendorse the Delegate and Vice Delegate of Balder. The telegram claimed the Vice Delegate had "gone mad" and was ejecting nations because he is a "power hungry dictator". This telegram aimed to create disruption and undermine the endorsement level of the Delegate and Vice Delegate of Balder. This was following the ejection and banning of Wopster from the region by the Vice Delegate. This occurred on June 14th 2019. The North Pacific was communicated to about this on June 16 2019.

Subsequently, it emerged that Numero Capitan (a leading figure of AWP) was responsible for the unendorsement campaign against Balder, and that this campaign was organised with the support of other leading members of the now defunct Founderless Regions Alliance.

While these actions may be attributed to the player, rather than to the region, it is worth stating that Numero Capitan is the major player in AWP. He remains Admin, regional officer, homeland officer, and has historically been involved in AWP intelligence. It is therefore difficult to entirely separate one from the other in this case. Finally, this unendorsement campaign appears against the stated intentions of AWP and defenderdom, and ultimately undermined the security of a founderless region and an ally of The North Pacific.

This one is hard to choose - they've helped out TNP in the past but like McM said a high ranking member of the region have undermined a region that is TNP's ally - a vote for or against would be equally valid and I'd probably go for abstain or present.

Until I saw the author is a member of 10,000 Islands and per my standing policy since they opposed COE's commendation so vehemently, I'm against all of their resolutions.

I was told to respond to this here so here I am.

Firstly, this commendation is about AWP as a region, it isn't a referendum on me as an individual and it certainly doesn't relate to the independent activities of one native (three years after its last Government shut down).

As a background, please refer to the attempts by the King of Balder to undermine this proposal in the Security Council. He unfortunately ended up resorting to snarky nonsense because his line of attack fell away and this is his new attack against the proposal.

I understand the North Pacific is a member of WALL and seeks to uphold the shared values of all signatory regions. I am sure TNP can exercise its own discernment of what those 'shared values' are, so I only wish to present the facts of the events referred to above.

In June 2019 the Crown Prince of Balder banned and ejected a nation that had been resident in Balder for six and a half years - Wopski. It probably isn't a surprise to anyone that the nation is controlled by Wopruthien/Sauron, a nation commended by the Security Council already. No justification was given for the banning because there simply wasn't any. It was an abuse of power and complete disregard for the rule of law*.

I used my nation to telegram the nations of Balder to reconsider their support for someone who openly abuses their powers to exercise their personal bias. The Crown Prince is hostile to that nation because they sit on the other side of the r/d divide and was once a member of their previous regions former allies, The Last Kingdom, before changing loyalties. They have never acted against Balder and if you know Wop you'll know he only participates in the game as a card collector these days.

At the time I contacted the King of Balder (North East Somerset) to make clear that this was nothing against them, but took genuine issue with that action, because it didn't align with their stated policies or values (screenshot below). You can also see below that I actively discouraged respondents from arguing for any kind of revolution or overthrow. There was never any threat to the regions security.

IMG-0475.png

The Crown Prince of Balder openly flaunts their invasion of one of your treaty allies, the Rejected Realms. They abuse their powers of border control to exercise personal vendettas against a nation who simply found new friends in the game. Their government now seem to be abusing the Charter you signed with them for another personal vendetta against me (the same one that prompted those individuals to infiltrate and spy on the nominated region , as is well documented).

I won't apologise for speaking out against the arbitrary banning of long-term residents any GCR. I have always stood up for the rights of residents across NS. It is part of the reason AWP was ever recognised for a Commendation proposal in the first place and part of the reason we fought for months to re-establish THIS government in TNP (and protect you from someone who exercised a similarly poor judgement in Government). It is also the reason I strongly oppose Balder's inclusion of Onderkelkia in their line of succession, but that is a secondary issue here.

AWPs record speaks for itself. Don't let those who have been openly hostile to its government twist events and your judgement as a region.

*I should note that he went on to ban any nation that raised concern or liked a comment raising concern with that action, probably another 20 in total

Last edited:
Were I not voting against because it's 10KI authored, the above would likely be enough to make me vote for.

Totally shameless as always, Numero. Citizens of the North Pacific: give this fellow an inch and he will take a mile, for I have seen that many times before. Anyway, whilst I don’t want to make a habit of interfering in debates in TNP votes, indeed I would rather leave you all unmolested to enjoy the northern air, Numero's nonsense leaves me little choice but to respond, and the MoFA, TlomzKrano, has said I am welcome to post here for that purpose, so I shall.

So look, the reality is, you’re intentionally misleading the whole narrative here. This was not a random ejection based on a personal grudge by someone “mad with power”, as you assert. But one conducted under the full extent of the law, on the advice and authorisation of the then Royal Council, as part of a fully sanctioned campaign to remove puppet sleeper nations accumulating influence within the Realm. Not an abuse of power, not a disregard for the law. But the completely legitimate actions of an independent sovereign region.

That you do not support our ability to act as an independent sovereign region, and think you have the power to police who can do what, across the entire NS world, is a testament to your adherence to an outdated ideology based on rule by defender moral superiority, dating back to the dominance of Defenderism in the decade before last.

The facts of what actually happened are: following the ejection of Wopsters, you utilised your own puppet nation which had been in Balder for only a few weeks prior to this*. You telegramed all the nations of Balder, posing as a concerned native (one of the oldest tricks in the book) asking WA nations to "Unendorse the Crown Prince, and unendorse the King"**. You then revived puppet nations in Balder including “The chavez americas” to make posts saying you would leave, to try and escalate and destabilise the situation***, but it was contained by the rapid response of the regional government both on the RMB and by a region-wide counter-telegram sent by myself. I should also note, contrary to your spin, we banned around 5 or so puppets, mainly yours, that were promoting this nonsense on the RMB, not “probably another 20 in total”.

Frankly, who do you think you are, to tell the Realm of Balder who we can and cannot have in the line of succession. The Vice Delegate is not merely appointed by the Monarch, but also approved by Parliament. That’s our constitutional system. Take your outdated ideas on defender supremacy and your self-appointed powers to interpret, determine and manipulate the interests of natives, back to 2008 - where they belong.

Finally the idea that this is not a referendum on you as an individual and “it certainly doesn't relate to the independent activities of one native” is, as with many of your claims, totally disingenuous. All the more so as half of the resolution in question is based on actions you personally directed, and here you are now the sole custodian of defending the region's legacy.

The truth is, as I’ve said elsewhere, the intelligence legacy of AWP is highly dubious given the total failure to prevent it being used as the entry point for the most successful espionage campaign against the FRA in history. Meanwhile in contrast to this fact, the resolution itself makes vast claims about the contributions of AWP to FRA Intel****, when in actuality you were its biggest weakness***** And then furthermore, the whole concept that this Region - that never even managed a population of 300 nations, despite being artificially inflated with Numero and his gangs ex-military puppets, was one of the most influential and largest in the world, is a total fantasy. A revisionist fantasy and over-indulgence by a modern sect of the defender community, that hopefully the rest of the NS world will recognise and put to sleep once and for all over the next few days.

*Records of Woodlea Grove residences
**Transcripts of Numero's telegram to WA nations in Balder & Screenshot of telegram to non-WA nations
"The Crown Prince of Balder has gone mad with power and is banning and ejecting long term natives without reason, without trial and without the authority to do so.

It started with Wopsters, a native of Balder for more than six years. And now he is banning anyone who questions their actions.

Resist against this power hungry dictator. They are Crown Prince and not yet in power, imagine the oppression they will unleash once they take the Crown.

I am no longer welcome in Balder for standing up against these abuses of power, but you can act.

Unendorse the Crown Prince, and unendorse the King until he removes him from this dangerous position as next in succession to the Crown.

This evil Prince is not above Justice and is not above the long-term natives of Balder that he seeks to remove to strengthen his powerbase. They are only strong if we entrust them to be."
baldnumero2.png
***Screenshot of Numero's puppet posts on WFE
baldnumero.png
****Indefensibly absurd claims in text of resolution
RECALLING that 00000 A World Power was one of the most prominent contributors to the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), an inter-regional defense conglomerate, where they eventually operated much of the organizations intelligence capabilities,
AWARE that 00000 A World Power chose early on to utilize its influence as one of the largest regions in the world, notably from 2008 to 2010
PRAISING 00000 A World Power for its iconic feats in intelligence gathering and the professionalism in conducting consequential intelligence operations
*****Link to Operation Biscuit Report

Last edited:
This was not a random ejection based on a personal grudge by someone “mad with power”, as you assert. But one conducted under the full extent of the law, on the advice and authorisation of the then Royal Council, as part of a fully sanctioned campaign to remove puppet sleeper nations accumulating influence within the Realm.

If this is the case, you might want to publicise that rather than simply attacking anyone who dares question a seemingly random banning of someone who is doing nothing remotely hostile. Even then, arbitrary ejections are not something I would support but I would definitely have been more forgiving - perhaps you could have explained that or produced some evidence of it rather than banning any nation that questioned it?

Frankly, who do you think you are, to tell the Realm of Balder who we can and cannot have in the line of succession. The Vice Delegate is not merely appointed by the Monarch, but also approved by Parliament. That’s our constitutional system. Take your outdated ideas on defender supremacy and your self-appointed powers to interpret, determine and manipulate the interests of natives, back to 2008 - where they belong.

Again, letting your bizarre personal hostility towards me warp your judgement. I'm allowed to have an opinion, which is usually one I keep to myself until I start seeing random purges of nations. I have never done what you are alleging and I spend most days now arguing against those who seek to bend the Security Council to their own will and arguing in favour of presenting nations with the facts and letting them make their own minds on the proposals.

I had no intention of doing any sort of 'campaigning' for this proposal, despite my deep investment in the nominee, but when people call into question my character and integrity then you force me to do so.

I don't apologise for raising concern to nations in Balder, who deserve to be aware of the actions of officials appointed by their cronies. Too often we have seen regions (and GCRs in particular) sleepwalk into disaster - usually only counter-balanced by those who speak up against abuses of powers and the patterns of behaviour we know lead up to them.

This is nothing to do with defender supremacy - whatever that is. I was a proud native of Europeia, a region we never once clashed in when we were both in official roles there. I upheld the independence of the South Pacific, and resisted calls from other officials to apply for FRA membership when I was there. My only military membership now is in an independent military. Your attempts to put me in a box are only what they are and show how misguided and one-dimensional your perspective is.

Thank you to the North Pacific for offering me the chance to set this record straight. Thank you to those who have offered kind words about AWP and your experience of our region when it was active. And no hard feelings at all to anyone who felt led to vote against this proposal.

If this is the case, you might want to publicise that rather than simply attacking anyone who dares question a seemingly random banning of someone who is doing nothing remotely hostile. Even then, arbitrary ejections are not something I would support but I would definitely have been more forgiving - perhaps you could have explained that or produced some evidence of it rather than banning any nation that questioned it?

You didn't just "dare to question" it though did you? No. You made no attempt at prior personal communication with me or other Balder officials. You went straight to splashing out $6 on a regionwide unendorsement campaign telegram. All under the impression that your puppet would provide you anonymity, and you'd never face any repercussions.

And thats normal in your book eh? Do that all the time do you? Every time someone gets ejected in a Pacific, and they haven't sent you a full dossier to justify it, you're there to save the day? Yeah, right....

D'ya think everyone here is an idiot? :P

This is nothing to do with defender supremacy - whatever that is. I was a proud native of Europeia, a region we never once clashed in when we were both in official roles there.

I don't think we have ever been in official roles at the same time. Probably not a coincidence. Proud native? Hah. That's not quite how you used to sell it to your friends in the FRA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back