Not open for further replies.

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
KGvwsPEhN5cJX0zF6cTm0ipUb88SH8qB7_ul4ohJAWcZxkvwYLrAnIXCRVjboGwfhwPz-hZw4SoBc5g7ksl9urAF0b36JzwZXgXu7adPPnMy2Vub8TRlhnnJqNLbntgcnTfWFdCf

Heroes of the North

Citizens,

I am pleased to announce that your Ministry of World Assembly Affairs will be exploring a new initiative focused on writing commendation and condemnation proposals that recognise the contributions of a vast array of residents of The North Pacific to the multiverse. This will form the 'Heroes of the North' initiative.

Executive Staff of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs will work closely with the Senior WA Consultants, Minister Gorundu and myself directly to draft proposals as a team.

This will be split into three stages:
  1. Research/Brainstorming phase - during this stage, all members of the WA staff will be invited to submit their ideas for what may be included in the proposal. Ideally, this will include providing supporting evidence to the ideas (such as links to forum threads, webarchive, or in-game posts).
  2. Drafting - once the research/brainstorming phase is underway, we will begin to draft the proposal collectively as a team. Proposals may then be allocated to the Delegate, WA Minister or to a staff member for transposing onto the NationStates forum to collate feedback from the wider community.
  3. Submission - once the drafting stage has been completed, we will submit the proposal. As Delegate, I will commit to stomping in favour of any proposal that is drafted through this initiative. In addition, support will be provided by the Ministry to ensure the proposal meets quorum and has the best chance of passing.

There are limitations to the number of co-authors that can be included on a proposal. Something to keep in mind.

For the first round, we will be considering the following individuals for a commend/condemnation:
  1. Great Bights Mum
  2. Erastide/Former English Colony
  3. Crushing Our Enemies (This failed recently so we will work with the last author to correct this insult)
  4. Kyle (for roleplay and gameplay matters)
  5. Gladio
  6. Ghost/Pallaith
  7. Siwale
  8. El Fiji Grande
  9. Madjack (RP and gameplay)
  10. Prydania (RP)
  11. Esplandia (RP)

If you are interested in getting involved in this initiative, I encourage you to join the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs here.

Yours,
McMasterdonia

Last edited by a moderator:
For reference, Bob and I had been working with Prydania a month or so ago to get him commended and we’ve since gotten distracted. As such, considering we came up with it and started it before this initiative began, I’d like to reserve that for me to write.

Additionally, I’d also like to work on Commend Pallaith

For reference, Bob and I had been working with Prydania a month or so ago to get him commended and we’ve since gotten distracted. As such, considering we came up with it and started it before this initiative began, I’d like to reserve that for me to write.

Additionally, I’d also like to work on Commend Pallaith

If you have a draft that is ready to be seen, we can consider reserving it. But I’ve seen this kind of thing happen before, where people claim names but the proposal doesn’t eventuate. So I intend to proceed with the brainstorming phase.

This is a collaborative exercise and Pallaith is on the list, so the team will work on that as well. So I will not take him off this list at this time.

Last edited:
Of these, I can realistically see GBM, FEC, Gladio, and Prydania passing, so I would suggest the Ministry of WA Affairs focuses on those. All of them are great people though.

If you have a draft that is ready to be seen, we can consider reserving it. But I’ve seen this kind of thing happen before, where people claim names but the proposal doesn’t eventuate. So I intend to proceed with the brainstorming phase.

This is a collaborative exercise and Pallaith is on the list, so the team will work on that as well. So I will not take him off this list at this time.
Exactly. “Claiming” a nominee is the least productive thing you can do, even for seasoned authors.

Edit: Also, who’s going to submit it? It may be unwise to have it be an official TNP nation.

Last edited:
I know absolutely nothing about RP but I'd be willing to chip in. Even though I have no experience with writing resolutions...

>.>

Are we condemning anyone?
Presumably COE if we're going to include his raiding supporting activities. ;)

On a more serious note, Gladio's could most likely be written either way. I believe Prydania has roleplayed being a fascist nation so that could potentially be a condemnation. Not sure about MJ's/Esplandia's IC nation.

St George (Edit: Madjack) was a well-known roleplayer (and interesting personality) in the NationStates Forum's International Incidents community (in 2010-2012). This was before the NationStates Moderators reorganised the boards as "National and International Roleplaying."

I'm willing to write together with St George in the NationStates Forum. :)

If St George is interested with this proposal, we (St George and I) can create a lovely In-Character thread together (in International Incidents), to show the NationStates Forum's regular Rping/writing "community" that St George is a good commendation nominee. [Edited out a bunch of things to keep this forum post positive!]

Edit2: I'd be able to help with the RPing side of a commendation proposal for St George/Madjack. However, I don't know much about St George's Gameplay achievements (I've always been an NS Forum writer). :)

Last edited:
If my assumptions about TEP history are somehow correct, I’d like to see Commend Marrabuk.

I'm looking to revitalize this project, hopefully within the next week. I will also be adding Commend El Fiji Grande to this list, especially given recent accomplishments of his. Most work will occur on Discord and the private WA subforum - but I'll give occasional updates here. Hopefully we can get through a few of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back