Varsity [Under Revamp]

- February 8, 2020 -

George Decker, star quarterback of the University of the Oclusi Belt stands at the thirty-yard line. He has just received the play from his coach and he is ready to get the game started. The National Championship is underway and the International Bowl, an Exhibition Game against the Goyanes College Football, is at stake. Decker smiles and looks at his receivers. "How did I get here after being cut from my Varsity Team as a Freshman?" he asked himself. His Running Back looked back to him. "You worked your ass off. That's how," he said as he smiled. "Red five! Red five! Seeeetttt... HUT!" he shouts as he received the ball. The game is underway.

- August 5, 2014 -

"Son, I'm sorry, but you aren't good enough..." Coach Goodney said to George Decker. George looked right back at the coach. He nodded before the coach began to speak once more. "Look son, you can run, but your arm is under average. You're a freshman and you're 5'3... You play baseball, right? Maybe try pursuing that. The farthest you'll get in football is JV Starter..." he said as he turned towards the other quarterback. Phillip looked smugly at George. George turned to the coach. "I'll be back..." he said in an angry tone before grabbing his helmet and bag and leaving the field. He walked across the street and boarded the bus. The words of the coach echoed in his mind. "You'll never go far in this game..." the coach's words ran through. He shook his head and looked out the window. They passed several high schools and then the big stadium. Boarding the bus came many people from neighboring buildings, but then the quarterback of the Blyshov Blazers, Vytal Jafari, boarded. He saw the boy with his helmet on the seat next to him. The man moved towards George and sat. "Is it okay if I sit here?" he asked. George nodded. "What's up, buddy?"

"I got cut from the Varsity team..." he said. Vytal looked at the kid and placed his hand on his shoulder. "What happened?" he asked. George looked at him. "The coach said that I was too small and my arm was too weak. He then said that I don't have a future in the sport..." he said. Vytal nodded as he took it all in. "Son, how old are you?" George frowned. "Fifteen," he said. Vytal made George face him. "Look, son. You're fourteen years old. You have a lot of time to develop," he said as he took the boy's blank white helmet and replaced it with his Blazers helmet, "If you put in the work, it will pay off. If you lay a foundation for yourself, you'll improve. Hang in there, little buddy. Because if you aspire to be somebody. You will be somebody..." he said as he placed his handwarmer, gloves, and cleats with the helmet as he took the boy's helmet. "Trust me."

The bus stopped at George's stop. "Just hang in there. You'll be who you want to be," the quarterback smiled. George smiled and got off the bus. He placed his new hardware in his bag and put on the new helmet. He walked to a white house and knocked on the door. He echoed the words of the Blazers' star quarterback. "If you put in the work, it will pay off. If you lay a foundation for yourself, you'll improve. Hang in there, little buddy. Because if you aspire to be somebody. You will be somebody..."

Last edited:
Back