Hiii, I have a question about Era!

Lavra

TNP nation: Yohannes
TNP Nation
Yohannes
Hiii, I have a question about Era!

Is Era a closed-world region, or is it an open-world region? If it is a closed-world region, I think I'll keep my NationStates (Forum) canon separate from (outside) Era's. If it is an open-world region, however, I'd love to integrate some aspects of my proper NationStates (Forum) canon into Era's. Thank you!

Edit: My NationStates nation is Yohannes

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome!

What do you mean by open-world vs closed-world?

TNP's Forum RP, by default, takes place on a planet called Eras (not Era). It is a modern tech universe completely separated from NationStates. Nothing that happens gameside impacts our RP here.

Last edited:
Hiii Sil Dorsett, thank you

Closed-world regions or RP communities do not interact at all with NationStates RPers from other regional or RP communities. Open-world regions or RP communities, however, do interact with anyone and acknowledge the canons (on a case-by-case basis) of other RPers from other regions or RP communities. Before 2012, most RP communities were open-world; however, since 2013 many became closed-world RP communities

To the best of my knowledge, we are Closed-World then.

This doesn't prohibit our residents from RPing on the NationStates Forum, but it is considered non-canonical on this forum.

Okie

Yes, I think I'll keep my NationStates canon outside the region's (I'm an open-world RPer). Thank you so much for your time Sil Dorsett :D

For the record, @Lavra, speaking as someone who's RPed in Eras for a while, I love what you've posted so far. It's pretty good writing for someone just starting up. I think we would all welcome you in Eras if you're interested in joining in!

Thank you so much Syrixia! I love Eras too, but I have my own NationStates canon, and my population in my NS canon is 340 million. I don't think other RPers in Eras will be happy with that. I also have many relationships with roleplayers from other regions (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=472939). I think this will deter some people in Eras from RPing with me (just too many conflicting things).

Thank you so much Syrixia! I love Eras too, but I have my own NationStates canon, and my population in my NS canon is 340 million. I don't think other RPers in Eras will be happy with that. I also have many relationships with roleplayers from other regions (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=472939). I think this will deter some people in Eras from RPing with me (just too many conflicting things).
That's pretty cool! I wouldn't worry about that, though. A common misconception people new to Eras have is that they have to port their nation from NationStates.net to Eras. This is not the case. Eras is not tied to NationStates.net whatsoever. You can make a nation on Eras and it can be whatever you want, with some base restrictions as in any community. A significant amount of people in our community even have nations they RP separately with on NationStates.net and in other communities. If you like Eras, there's nothing stopping you! :)

I love Eras too, but I have my own NationStates canon, and my population in my NS canon is 340 million. I don't think other RPers in Eras will be happy with that. I also have many relationships with roleplayers from other regions (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=472939). I think this will deter some people in Eras from RPing with me (just too many conflicting things).

I actually know you, from like years ago. :P

And yes, my (mostly inactive) NS RPing nation is different from what I have here, because (I think Sil explained it too) Eras is a closed world. If you decide to join us, we'd be happy to have another experienced RPer join ;)

Back