Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant

sc.jpg

Commend Crushing Our Enemies
Category: < Commendation > | Nominee: Crushing Our Enemies
Proposed by: Jakker City | Onsite Topic
The Security Council,

Acclaiming Crushing Our Enemies’ years of regional and cultural leadership within NationStates,

Affirming that while this nation may crush its enemies, it cherishes its regional partners,

Recognizing this nation’s 10+ years of influence on The Black Hawks (TBH) which included their roles as Head of Military, Head of Foreign Affairs, and Military Advisor, as well as developing the rank and promotion system that TBH uses and has also since been adopted by many other regional militaries,

Complementing that Crushing Our Enemies played a vital role in the foreign policy practices and regional responses of The Black Hawks' Council including the aftermath of the military weapon, Predator, being found to be against international law,
Noting Crushing Our Enemies’ induction into the Raiding Hall of Fame for their integrity and leadership,

Summarizing that when given the ability to conquer other regions, this practice can attract nations who selfishly commit acts which negatively impact regional partners, and Crushing Our Enemies helped to develop a culture of professionalism and responsibility to mitigate this within The Black Hawks,
Acknowledging that the nominee also controls General COE of The North Pacific; the largest region in NationStates,

Impressed with General COE’s years of dedication to the security of The North Pacific through their involvement in the region’s Security Council; both as a member and as the Vice-Delegate which oversees the council,

Declaring General COE as a leading author of legislative and constitutional reform proposals which has served to ensure that regional practices have remained updated over the years,

Appreciating their efforts of developing physical copies of the region’s constitution and delivering these documents to fellow nations,

Applauding General COE’s efforts in modernizing the operations and media production of the region’s Speakers Office through their role as Minister of Communications, as well as the regional newsletter, The Northern Light, as the first Executive Editor,

Further applauding their commitment to justice and democracy within the North Pacific through multiple terms as Attorney General and Justice of the Court,
Admiring that during times in which The North Pacific has faced zombie epidemics, General COE has been a leader in developing the regional strategic responses and organizing the distribution of cures to other nations,

Observing General COE as the creator of the Election Commission within The North Pacific and has designed many governmental awards, badges, mottos, and seals for the purposes of representation and as incentives to other nations within the region,

Applauding the musical contributions to NationStates that has come from Crushing Our Enemies including the songs, Moves Like Jakker and Grey Wardens Boogie,
Highlighting that the nominee’s musical productions have been submitted in several global song contests and they have won on several occasions,

Concluding that this nominee has devoted years to maximize the Organization of regional practices for the benefit of their partner nations and should be Endorsed by this body,

Hereby commends Crushing Our Enemies.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Tentative for on this - I feel ew about commending for raiding but COE's contributions to TNP alone make a very strong case for commendation.

Standing policy requires me to vote against when it comes to vote, but for IFV purposes I vote For.

Abstain. I certainly think CoE is commendable, but the parts on raiding irk me. Specifically, the part about being inducted into the raider hall of fame. It's a dangerous thing to continue. I wish it mostly omitted the parts on raiding, as it does a very good job of outlining the rest of CoE's work.

Urgh. I don't even know whether the proposal is the correct way to commend CoE's contributions to NationStates. To be honest, I want to support a commendation but I don't feel like this is the commendation, given an unnecessary emphasis placed on the raiding portion. My vote would be Against based on how it is written atm.

Urgh. I don't even know whether the proposal is the correct way to commend CoE's contributions to NationStates. To be honest, I want to support a commendation but I don't feel like this is the commendation, given an unnecessary emphasis placed on the raiding portion. My vote would be Against based on how it is written atm.
Seconded. This is why I am Against as well.

I don't think there's an emphasis on the raiding portion, much less it being unnecessary. It takes up only about 1/3 of the proposal, and focuses on his leadership in TBH rather than raiding activities.

There is absolutely no reason not to support this. We know COE, we know what hes done here and elsewhere, what he is capable of. He does fantastic work and he's unimpeachable as a person. Harping on a portion of the resolution that highlight work he did in a raiding region as if it glorifies that work or extols him for raiding and commends raiding itself is simplistic and unfairly myopic for the actual scope of the resolution and he person being commended. I am disappointed that argument is getting the kind of traction it is, and I am especially disappointed with the people and places where that emphasis is coming from. They ought to know COE better than that, and be able to give this the proper balance it deserves.

For

There is absolutely no reason not to support this. We know COE, we know what hes done here and elsewhere, what he is capable of. He does fantastic work and he's unimpeachable as a person. Harping on a portion of the resolution that highlight work he did in a raiding region as if it glorifies that work or extols him for raiding and commends raiding itself is simplistic and unfairly myopic for the actual scope of the resolution and he person being commended. I am disappointed that argument is getting the kind of traction it is, and I am especially disappointed with the people and places where that emphasis is coming from. They ought to know COE better than that, and be able to give this the proper balance it deserves.

For
Let me know if I'm interpreting you correctly. We can ignore objectionable parts of a resolution if we agree with the resolution overall? Just want to make sure so I can reference your opinion in the future. ;)

Your disappointment in me is noted; I think I will manage to survive though.

Let me know if I'm interpreting you correctly. We can ignore objectionable parts of a resolution if we agree with the resolution overall? Just want to make sure so I can reference your opinion in the future. ;)

Your disappointment in me is noted; I think I will manage to survive though.
You are not interpreting me correctly, to my great surprise. I am disputing that the "objectionable" part is how many are characterizing it in the first place.

I'm afraid I don't follow.
It's about the guy and what a positive influence he was wherever he was involved. To the extent it addresses TBH, it seemed clear to me that even there, the good he did was more than just how he organized and improved the community, but moderated them as well, encouraging them not to be the most destructive and callous sorts of raiders that are roundly condemned. It is not about raiding, or celebrating raiding, or suggesting raiding is good. To claim otherwise is to diminish COE and to miss the point of the resolution.

Abstain, it is not written well and does not do justice to COE, there for it is not appropriate, and should be rewritten.
i have changed my mind and am now voting for

Last edited:
Abstain, it is not written well and does not do justice to COE, there for it is not appropriate, and should be rewritten.
How is it poorly written? Could you point out examples and how they are so poorly written?

How is it poorly written? Could you point out examples and how they are so poorly written?
It mentions there puppet/second nation, and it is “commend crushing our enemies“, I’m sort of newish so I’m not super good at the WA stuff so my opinion is not super informed.

It mentions there puppet/second nation, and it is “commend crushing our enemies“, I’m sort of newish so I’m not super good at the WA stuff so my opinion is not super informed.
That's alright, everyone is new at some point. Commendations and Condemnations in the SC are, in most cases, aimed at the player behind nations, not at individual nations, so most SC resolutions of this type will have the target of the resolution be the person's main nation (in this case, Crushing Our Enemies), while still mentioning accomplishments made by the player even by their puppet nations (in this case, General COE).

Last edited:
For, of course.

I am really surprised, and disappointed, to see so many TNPers voting against or abstaining on this. After all COE has done for our region, one would expect TNP members would support honoring him with a commendation for his long and distinguished career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back