[SC - Failed] Commend Crushing Our Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about the guy and what a positive influence he was wherever he was involved. To the extent it addresses TBH, it seemed clear to me that even there, the good he did was more than just how he organized and improved the community, but moderated them as well, encouraging them not to be the most destructive and callous sorts of raiders that are roundly condemned. It is not about raiding, or celebrating raiding, or suggesting raiding is good. To claim otherwise is to diminish COE and to miss the point of the resolution.
Your view that opponents to this proposal are diminishing COE and missing the point of the resolution is ridiculous. Rather, seems to be that you are missing the points of the opposition.

Your view that opponents to this proposal are diminishing COE and missing the point of the resolution is ridiculous. Rather, seems to be that you are missing the points of the opposition.
What is ridiculous is reducing this resolution to your stance on raiding. It is clearly not about that ideological divide, from any fair reading of the resolution, and voting on that basis does reduce what it says about its target, COE, to his involvement in raiding. He deserves so much better than that, the resolution is so much better than that, and even your capacity to debate is better than simply trying to use a "I know you are but what am I?" argument.

Here’s what I don’t understand about the opposition’s position on this proposal simply because it mentions COE’s contributions in the Black Hawks, a raider organization: When Sev and Xoriet were commended, their work in regionbuilding for raider regions was mentioned and yet nobody put up nearly as much of a fuss. There seems to be a bit of a discrepancy there and the people voting against the resolution would do well to evaluate COE on merits as opposed to gameplay alignments.

What is ridiculous is reducing this resolution to your stance on raiding. It is clearly not about that ideological divide, from any fair reading of the resolution, and voting on that basis does reduce what it says about its target, COE, to his involvement in raiding. He deserves so much better than that, the resolution is so much better than that, and even your capacity to debate is better than simply trying to use a "I know you are but what am I?" argument.
ok

The arguments against this are nothing new: They're just the usual faux moralism that defender extremists have been peddling for years.

It's just unfortunate that it is COE's commendation, a well-written and accurate commendation for a truly deserving nominee, that's being targeted by this propaganda. And it's also pathetic that so many TNPers side with this propaganda, both here and in other venues, instead of voting for someone who's given our region so much.

Last edited:
The region has voted for this, and the resolution is going to fail. Both of these are certain at this point, so I am not looking to get anyone to switch their vote.

I am just expressing my disappointment at the fact that so many TNPers decided to overlook COE's contributions, to the region and also the game at large, in favor of some defender nonsense.

Last edited:
Fair enough. We could debate this but we agree there is no point to that.

Although I should express my disappointment in how other individuals are expressing their disappointment. :P

Abstain. Isn't "crushing our enemies" too much? I think it is too ruthless. Why can't we have a treaty or something? I don't think this should have any vote to avoid doing war on "crushing our enemies" if we do. And plus, i'm not that kind of brutal person.

First of all, is "crushing our enemies" a user? or a action? cuz I'm pretty sure that people voted abstain because they thought about the action "crushing our enemies" and not the user.

if it's a action i'm abstaining
if it's a user i'm voting for

First of all, is "crushing our enemies" a user? or a action? cuz I'm pretty sure that people voted abstain because they thought about the action "crushing our enemies" and not the user.

if it's a action i'm abstaining
if it's a user i'm voting for
Even reading the very first sentence of the resolution would give you your answer. Might I suggest you give the resolution you're voting on even a passing glance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back