Rocketdog
sG8YGQy.png
World Assembly Digest
by Rocketdog, Deputy Minister

ga.jpg

General Assembly
Improving the world one resolution at a time

Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"
Final Vote (World): For - 5,507 (37.0%); Against - 9,385 (63.0%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 106 (20.1%); Against - 421 (79.9%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 40.7%

Currently at vote in the Festering Snakepit...er...General Assembly is the repeal of "Ban on Secret Treaties" and to be frank, the argument isn't that compelling. We are being asked to repeal a perfectly functional piece of legislation because of a "joke" within the text of the target resolution. Upon realizing that this was the only argument the repeal made, the staff of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs spent the night reviewing previously passed resolutions and found that a number of them include these jokes. One proposal calls the assembled ambassadors "drunks, stoners and weirdos" while another repeal includes a recipe for an Orange Julius. Including jokes in proposals has been a part of the institution since its inception.

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, having given all due consideration to the repeal in question (which, let's be honest, wasn't very much.) recommends a vote Against the proposal.

Repeal "Promoting Natural Sciences in School"
Final Vote (World): For - 5,663 (38.4%); Against - 9,087 (61.6%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 346 (64.7%); Against - 189 (35.3%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 41.0%

Currently under consideration by the General Assembly is the repeal of GA#475 Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools. Focusing on the possibility for intentional misinterpretation of the text of the resolution due to vague language, the lack of a requirement for the scientific information taught to students to have been verified by through peer review and requiring member states to fund the science programmes of private schools. The author makes a convincing argument. Though the Ministry believes that legislation supporting the advancement of the sciences is necessary, we believe that it should be written in such a way that doesn't mandate public funds be used to fund private schools and encourages the use of a peer review system. The Ministry hopes that with the repeal of GA#475 the General Assembly will pass a sufficient replacement that corrects these problems.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the proposal.

Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"
Final Vote (World): For - 7,015 (48.4%); Against - 7,456 (51.6%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 170 (31.4%); Against - 371 (68.6%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 41.3%

Currently at vote in the Festering Snakepit...er...General Assembly is the repeal of "Ban on Secret Treaties" and to be frank, the argument isn't that compelling. We are being asked to repeal a perfectly functional piece of legislation because of a "joke" within the text of the target resolution. Upon realizing that this was the only argument the repeal made, the staff of the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs spent the night reviewing previously passed resolutions and found that a number of them include these jokes. One proposal calls the assembled ambassadors "drunks, stoners and weirdos" while another repeal includes a recipe for an Orange Julius. Including jokes in proposals has been a part of the institution since its inception.

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, having given all due consideration to the repeal in question (which, let's be honest, wasn't very much.) recommends a vote Against the proposal.

Repeal "Civilian Aircraft Accord"
Final Vote (World): For - 1,672 (13.4%); Against - 10,810 (86.6%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 74 (12.7%); Against - 507 (87.3%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 44.1%

"Civilian Aircraft Accord" is an important resolution safeguarding protections for civilian aircraft. The interpretation of this resolution provided by the repeal proposal is unreasonable and made in bad faith. The arguments of the repeal are based on a single sub-clause of the resolution requiring member nations to provide "Assistance to any civilian aircraft that declares itself to be in distress within the communication range of that nation". The repeal ignores the fact that the same resolution ensures pilots are properly trained and would not make false distress calls, as well as the provisions of GA#334 that forbid military combatants from falsely utilising protected status as civilians. Furthermore, the repeal presumes nations would send aicraft to intercept a distressed aircraft, when that is entirely unreasonable as the most effective form of assistance is through air traffic control. The last clause of the repeals poses a more implausible scenario - that nations would send aircraft to hostile territory for this purpose, even though the nation that the aircraft is actually in would be more suitable to handle the distress call.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this repeal.

Ensuring Commerical Vessel Navigation
Final Vote (World): For - 11,876 (85.2%); Against - 2,056 (14.8%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 469 (94.4%); Against - 28 (5.6%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 38.1%

This is a clearly-written resolution with reasonable definitions and mandates that improves the safety of commercial maritime transport. It distributes responsibility to governments, by requiring them to provide and update nautical charts, and commercial vessels, by requiring them to carry nautical charts and instrumentation, and to submit pre-planned routes to governments for approval. Overall, by ensuring governments and commercial vessels are equipped with the necessary tools and information for navigation, the proposal contributes to safer sea travel.

For the reasons above, the Ministry recommends a vote For this proposal

Don't Shoot Strangers Act
Final Vote (World): For - 2,779 (21.3%); Against - 10,285 (78.7%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 78 (17.2%); Against - 376 (82.8%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 34.9%

Don't Shoot Strangers Act is a well-intentioned proposal to promote world peace, though its definition of acts of hostility would hinder its effectiveness. Of concern is the listing of violating national borders as an act of hostility, without regard for intention and failing to account for nations that may not have exact knowledge of a previously unencountered nation's borders. Its listing of four specific acts of hostility also failed to take into account non-physical hostile actions towards a nation or a nation's citizens committed outside that nation's borders, such as some forms of espionage, or harming a nation's interests internationally.

The Ministry, in hopes of a more effectice redrafted proposal, recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Repeal "Convention on Animal Testing"
Final Vote (World): For - 11,532 (90.6%); Against - 1,193 (9.4%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 397 (88.8%); Against - 50 (11.2%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 34.2%

The target resolution was an attempt to place ethical restrictions on the use of animal test subjects. Based on the proposed repeal and our previous arguments during the voting period of the resolution, we find that the targeted resolution allows for the suffering of test animals through the exploitation of various loopholes. These loopholes include allowing testing facilities to "humanely" kill animals rather than putting them up for adoption and testing facilities setting their own definitions of "ethical testing."

In hopes of a future loophole-free resolution that guarantees the rights of test animals to the greatest extent possible, the Ministry recommends a vote For this proposal.

Wartime Healthcare Protections
Final Vote (World): For - 9,966 (74.9%); Against - 3,340 (25.1%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 434 (87.3%); Against - 63 (12.7%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 38.3%

The proposal aims to protect medical facilities and the rights of injured combatants during wartime. The GA has previously passed resolution protecting civilians, and this would be another step in ensuring that the rights of people in general are protecting even in the chaotic times of war. The passing of this proposal would help to further strengthen the protection of personal rights during a wartime scenario, by protecting the access to medical care and preventing medical facilities from being targeted, thus ensuring the least possible casualties in armed conflicts.
In light of the above reasons, the Ministry recommends a For vote for this proposal.

Subject State Enforcement Act
Final Vote (World): For - 1,942 (15.2%); Against - 10,819 (84.8%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 199 (38.6%); Against - 317 (61.4%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 39.8%

This is a much-needed resolution that would prevent some World Assembly members from circumventing the enforcement of resolutions in parts of their territories. In doing so, it would ensure General Assembly resolutions are applied more fairly across all member states. Thus, all member states would have General Assembly resolution apply to all parts of its territory, closing any loopholes in this area that may have previously existed.

For the above reasons, the ministry recommends a vote For this resolution.

Data Protection Accord
Final Vote (World): For - 11,297 (79.7%); Against - 2,875 (20.3%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 450 (87.5%); Against - 64 (12.5%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 40.0%

Data Protection Accord is a sensible and well-written proposal that would protect the privacy of the individual from data-collecting organisations by requiring explicit consent from individual users for data collection (notwithstanding crime prevention) and ensuring users are informed on how their data is used and/or shared. Additionally, individual privacy is protected against governments as they are prohibited from viewing the data unless given consent by the individual and the data-collecting organisation (notwithstanding crime prevention and judicial orders). Furthermore, the proposal protects minors by ensuring consent for data collection is required from their guardians.

For the above reasons, the ministry recommends a vote For this resolution.

sc.jpg

Security Council
Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary

Commend Duxburian Union
Final Vote (World): For - 10,731 (83.6%); Against - 2,111 (16.4%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 492 (90.1%); Against - 54 (9.9%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 41.8%
The matter before the World Assembly Security Council is the commendation of the Duxburian Union, better known to the international community as Vincent Drake. Throughout their career in NationStates, they have participated in over 6,000 defender operations. Counted among these are the liberations of The Monarchist Entente, St Abbadon, Japan, and Anontia. They also participated in the refounding of both their home region and Greece. The latter which had been under the oppressive rule of Yauna for almost a decade. The Duxburian Union is also credited with the development of Breeze++, a tool used by military organizations the world over. Despite the high quality of writing, potential issues arise in addressing their accolades and accomplishments in a consistent manner given the rest of the proposal.

However the Ministry does note concern with these aforementioned insufficiencies in proving warrant and reputable subject material, we do ultimately recommend a vote For the proposal given the vast contributions made by the target nation to the greater NS community.

Repeal "Liberate Aurelia"
Final Vote (World): For - 13,497 (93.7%); Against - 2,111 (6.3%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 498 (93.1%); Against - 37 (6.9%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 40.1%

Shortly after passing of 'Liberate Aurelia', the region was liberated by military forces and power was restored to natives. During a time of rebuilding, a password is very useful in ensuring there is no attempt to retake the region by hostile forces. As such, the liberation has served it's purpose and now can be safely removed to allow the natives to restore appropriate control over the region.

In accordance with the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this repeal.

Commend Markanite

Final Vote (World): For - 10,192 (82.2%); Against - 2,208 (17.8%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 419 (90.1%); Against - 46 (9.9%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 35.6%

Markanite is a long-serving member of 10000 Islands, a commended region in itself. Currently the Chief Executive, and notably having been the longest-serving World Assembly Delegate of the region, Markanite has contirbuted significantly to the development of 10000 Islands and its place in the world. For an equally long time, Markanite has been a member of TITO, overseeing and participating in missions to restore lawful Delegates in large regions and protrect founderless regions from external threats through refounding.

For the reasons above, the Ministry recommends a vote For this proposal.

Commend Ramaeus

Final Vote (World): For - 10,393 (79.7%); Against - 2,654 (20.3%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 445 (90.5%); Against - 47 (9.5%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 37.9%

Ramaeus is a faithful and long-time citizen of The East Pacific, serving in many notable government positions, most notably three times as Delegate. In these positions, they have contributed to the development of the region internally and externally in a meaningful manner. Although their contributions are mostly concentrated in one region, they have been instrumental in enhancing the region's international image and fostering interaction between the region and the international community through the World Assembly, the East Pacific Sovereign Army, and alliances with other prominent regions. In addition, Ramaeus has been a prolific Security Council author, recognizing other nations for their achivements, and most recently played a significant part in organizing the liberation of their home region from a rogue Delegate.

For the reasons above, the Ministry recommends a vote For this commendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
[LEFT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/sG8YGQy.png[/IMG] [SIZE=6]World Assembly Digest[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[RIGHT][I]by Rocketdog, Deputy Minister[/I][/RIGHT]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][IMG]https://www.nationstates.net/images/ga.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=#0059b3]General Assembly[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Improving the world one resolution at a time[/I][/CENTER]
[h][/h]

[CENTER][B]Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"[/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Failed[/COLOR] [/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Against[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]5,507[/COLOR] (37.0%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]9,385 [/COLOR](63.0%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]106[/COLOR] (20.1%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]421 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](79.9%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 40.7%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[h][/h]

[CENTER][B]Repeal "Promoting Natural Sciences in School"[/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Failed[/COLOR] [/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]5,663[/COLOR] (38.4%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]9,087 [/COLOR](61.6%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]346[/COLOR] (64.7%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]189[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](35.3%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 41.0%[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Currently under consideration by the General Assembly is the repeal of GA#475 Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools. Focusing on the possibility for intentional misinterpretation of the text of the resolution due to vague language, the lack of a requirement for the scientific information taught to students to have been verified by through peer review and requiring member states to fund the science programmes of private schools. The author makes a convincing argument. Though the Ministry believes that legislation supporting the advancement of the sciences is necessary, we believe that it should be written in such a way that doesn't mandate public funds be used to fund private schools and encourages the use of a peer review system. The Ministry hopes that with the repeal of GA#475 the General Assembly will pass a sufficient replacement that corrects these problems.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]For[/B] the proposal.

[h][/h]
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Failed[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000000]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Against[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]7,015[/COLOR] (48.4%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]7,456 [/COLOR](51.6%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]170[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (20.1%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#ff0000]371[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](79.9%)
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 40.7%[/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, having given all due consideration to the repeal in question (which, let's be honest, wasn't very much.) recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] the proposal.

[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Repeal "Civilian Aircraft Accord"[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Failed[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000000]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Against[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]1,672[/COLOR] (13.4%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]10,810 [/COLOR](86.6%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]74[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (12.7%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]507[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (87.3%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 44.1%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

"Civilian Aircraft Accord" is an important resolution safeguarding protections for civilian aircraft. The interpretation of this resolution provided by the repeal proposal is unreasonable and made in bad faith. The arguments of the repeal are based on a single sub-clause of the resolution requiring member nations to provide "Assistance to any civilian aircraft that declares itself to be in distress within the communication range of that nation". The repeal ignores the fact that the same resolution ensures pilots are properly trained and would not make false distress calls, as well as the provisions of GA#334 that forbid military combatants from falsely utilising protected status as civilians. Furthermore, the repeal presumes nations would send aicraft to intercept a distressed aircraft, when that is entirely unreasonable as the most effective form of assistance is through air traffic control. The last clause of the repeals poses a more implausible scenario - that nations would send aircraft to hostile territory for this purpose, even though the nation that the aircraft is actually in would be more suitable to handle the distress call.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this repeal.

[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Ensuring Commerical Vessel Navigation[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]Passed[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=#000000]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]For[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]11,876[/COLOR] (85.2%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]2,056 [/COLOR](14.8%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=#59b300]469[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (94.4%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]28[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (5.6%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 38.1%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

This is a clearly-written resolution with reasonable definitions and mandates that improves the safety of commercial maritime transport. It distributes responsibility to governments, by requiring them to provide and update nautical charts, and commercial vessels, by requiring them to carry nautical charts and instrumentation, and to submit pre-planned routes to governments for approval. Overall, by ensuring governments and commercial vessels are equipped with the necessary tools and information for navigation, the proposal contributes to safer sea travel.

For the reasons above, the Ministry recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this proposal

[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Don't Shoot Strangers Act[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Failed[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=#000000]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Against[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]2,779[/COLOR] (21.3%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]10,285 [/COLOR](78.7%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=#59b300]78[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (17.2%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]376[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (82.8%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 34.9%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Don't Shoot Strangers Act is a well-intentioned proposal to promote world peace, though its definition of acts of hostility would hinder its effectiveness. Of concern is the listing of violating national borders as an act of hostility, without regard for intention and failing to account for nations that may not have exact knowledge of a previously unencountered nation's borders. Its listing of four specific acts of hostility also failed to take into account non-physical hostile actions towards a nation or a nation's citizens committed outside that nation's borders, such as some forms of espionage, or harming a nation's interests internationally.

The Ministry, in hopes of a more effectice redrafted proposal, recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.

[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Repeal "Convention on Animal Testing"[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]Passed[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=#000000]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]For[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]11,532 [/COLOR](90.6%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]1,193 [/COLOR](9.4%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]397[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (88.8%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]50[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (11.2%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 34.2%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Wartime Healthcare Protections[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (World):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]9,966 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](74.9%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#ff0000]3[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)],340 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](25.1%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]434[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (87.3%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]63[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (12.7%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 38.3%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

The proposal aims to protect medical facilities and the rights of injured combatants during wartime. The GA has previously passed resolution protecting civilians, and this would be another step in ensuring that the rights of people in general are protecting even in the chaotic times of war. The passing of this proposal would help to further strengthen the protection of personal rights during a wartime scenario, by protecting the access to medical care and preventing medical facilities from being targeted, thus ensuring the least possible casualties in armed conflicts.
In light of the above reasons, the Ministry recommends a [B]For[/B] vote for this proposal.

[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Subject State Enforcement Act[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Failed [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000000]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (World):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]1,942 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](15.2%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#ff0000]10[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)],819 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](84.8%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=#59b300]199[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (38.6%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]317[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (61.4%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 39.8%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

This is a much-needed resolution that would prevent some World Assembly members from circumventing the enforcement of resolutions in parts of their territories. In doing so, it would ensure General Assembly resolutions are applied more fairly across all member states. Thus, all member states would have General Assembly resolution apply to all parts of its territory, closing any loopholes in this area that may have previously existed.

For the above reasons, the ministry recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this resolution.

[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Data Protection Accord[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (World):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]11,297 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](79.7%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#ff0000]2[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)],875 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](20.3%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=#000000]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]450[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (87.5%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]64[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (12.5%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 40.0%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Data Protection Accord is a sensible and well-written proposal that would protect the privacy of the individual from data-collecting organisations by requiring explicit consent from individual users for data collection (notwithstanding crime prevention) and ensuring users are informed on how their data is used and/or shared. Additionally, individual privacy is protected against governments as they are prohibited from viewing the data unless given consent by the individual and the data-collecting organisation (notwithstanding crime prevention and judicial orders). Furthermore, the proposal protects minors by ensuring consent for data collection is required from their guardians.

For the above reasons, the ministry recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this resolution.

[h][/h]
[CENTER][IMG]https://www.nationstates.net/images/sc.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=#b30000]Security Council[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary[/I][/CENTER]
[h][/h]

[CENTER][COLOR=#000000][B]Commend Duxburian Union[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]Passed[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (World):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]10,731 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](83.6%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]2,111 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](16.4%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]492[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (90.1%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]54[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (9.9%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 41.8%
[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[LEFT][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]The matter before the World Assembly Security Council is the commendation of the Duxburian Union, better known to the international community as Vincent Drake. Throughout their career in NationStates, they have participated in over 6,000 defender operations. Counted among these are the liberations of The Monarchist Entente, St Abbadon, Japan, and Anontia. They also participated in the refounding of both their home region and Greece. The latter which had been under the oppressive rule of Yauna for almost a decade. The Duxburian Union is also credited with the development of Breeze++, a tool used by military organizations the world over. Despite the high quality of writing, potential issues arise in addressing their accolades and accomplishments in a consistent manner given the rest of the proposal.

However the Ministry does note concern with these aforementioned insufficiencies in proving warrant and reputable subject material, we do ultimately recommend a vote [B]For[/B] the proposal given the vast contributions made by the target nation to the greater NS community.

[h][/h][/COLOR]
[/LEFT]
[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Repeal "Liberate Aurelia"[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]Passed[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (World):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]13,497 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](93.7%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]2,111 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](6.3%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]498[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (93.1%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]37[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (6.9%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 40.1%
[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Shortly after passing of 'Liberate Aurelia', the region was liberated by military forces and power was restored to natives. During a time of rebuilding, a password is very useful in ensuring there is no attempt to retake the region by hostile forces. As such, the liberation has served it's purpose and now can be safely removed to allow the natives to restore appropriate control over the region.

In accordance with the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this repeal.

[h][/h]
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Commend Markanite[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]Passed[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (World):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]10,192 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](82.2%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]2,208 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](17.8%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]419[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (90.1%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]46[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (9.9%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 35.6%[/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Markanite is a long-serving member of 10000 Islands, a commended region in itself. Currently the Chief Executive, and notably having been the longest-serving World Assembly Delegate of the region, Markanite has contirbuted significantly to the development of 10000 Islands and its place in the world. For an equally long time, Markanite has been a member of TITO, overseeing and participating in missions to restore lawful Delegates in large regions and protrect founderless regions from external threats through refounding.

For the reasons above, the Ministry recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this proposal.

[h][/h]
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][B]Commend Ramaeus[/B][/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Status:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]Passed[/COLOR] [/B][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]| [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Delegate's Vote:[/COLOR][/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (World):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]10,393 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](79.7%); [/COLOR][I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Against - [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]2,654 [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)](20.3%)[/COLOR]
[I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Final Vote (TNP):[/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]For [/COLOR][/I][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]- [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]445[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (90.5%); [I]Against - [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]47[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] (9.5%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 37.9%[/COLOR][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Ramaeus is a faithful and long-time citizen of The East Pacific, serving in many notable government positions, most notably three times as Delegate. In these positions, they have contributed to the development of the region internally and externally in a meaningful manner. Although their contributions are mostly concentrated in one region, they have been instrumental in enhancing the region's international image and fostering interaction between the region and the international community through the World Assembly, the East Pacific Sovereign Army, and alliances with other prominent regions. In addition, Ramaeus has been a prolific Security Council author, recognizing other nations for their achivements, and most recently played a significant part in organizing the liberation of their home region from a rogue Delegate.

For the reasons above, the Ministry recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this commendation.
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
IFV for Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties":

IFV for Repeal "Convention on Animal Testing"
The target resolution was an attempt to place ethical restrictions on the use of animal test subjects. Based on the proposed repeal and our previous arguments during the voting period of the resolution, we find that the targeted resolution allows for the suffering of test animals through the exploitation of various loopholes. These loopholes include allowing testing facilities to "humanely" kill animals rather than putting them up for adoption and testing facilities setting their own definitions of "ethical testing."

In hopes of a future loophole-free resolution that guarantees the rights of test animals to the greatest extent possible, the Ministry recommends a vote For this proposal.

Back