December 2019 News and Update

Samuel Clarent

Registered
Message from the Prime Minister:

I bid you greeting. Here we stand once more, on the edge of another year. The struggles and strife, the trials and tribulations, and indeed the celebrations and joyous occasions of the year are now behind us and the slate is wiped clean. We must forge ahead with full hearts and steadfast spirits into 2020, without allowing the events of this year to define us. This of course is no easy task. The very prospect of carrying on another 365 days seems agony inducing to some, and laborious to those in the daily grind of what is modern living; particularly those living hand to mouth on yesterday's bread.

While we celebrate through the festive period and the renewals of New Year and Hogmanay let us cast our minds first to the struggles of others. As all people instinctively do, I look first to the problems that I have faced in 2019. As a carer of another human I faced great trials in relation to Mental Health and Wellbeing and watching another person suffer, and I did alongside them, one I cared so deeply for, and it changed me from my deepest core. I look also to those I know around me or have read about or seen on the television who have faced serious illness, cancer, AIDS, loss of bodily functioning. I look to war-torn countries, to Syria, Iraq & Kurdistan, Israel & Palestine, to the African Nations, to the Ukraine, and I look closer to home when I look at the issues that continue to be faced in Northern Ireland and divisions throughout our realm and Europe. I also look at famine across the globe, and the resource depletion of mother Earth and the starving in their hundreds and hundreds of millions.

For all of these things I weep, and I pray.

I weep and I pray but also I pledge myself to do more in 2020. Lord knows I did my best in 2019 for those in my life. But in 2020 I would renew my pledge of the previous year and I would seek to go out and do my best for all of those things I've listed above. If I manage to have just one small impact on one individual I will be content, and I hope if everyone else who is lucky enough now to speak from a seat of relative comfort follows the same pattern then that could be hundreds and thousands, if not millions of people who are impacted by the kindness of those who can. Are you one of those who can? If you are, I'd strongly urge you to take up this pledge with me. For a better world of tomorrow.

Speaking now not as your Prime Minister, but as a Christian man and fellow citizen of this region. There is only one surefire, tried and tested way of keeping toxicity and negativity at bay. The answer of course is love. Love is simple. It has no borders. It has no dividing line. No -- no mans land. No demilitarised zone. No peace wall or iron dome or dead mans switch. It can dwell within all things and even those that are not sentient bear the hall marks of love. You water a plant in the ground and tend and care for it, as Jesus tells us, "Consider the lilies, how they grow", and in it you will reap the rewards of having shown it love and kindness. It will be a beautiful flower and blossom before you in a biological thanks to say "I'm healthy now, I've grown, you did this!" Love conquers all. Soldiers in battle stop firing bullets when they love the person they're looking down the scope at. The homeless are helped to their feet and given shelter. The war planes are taxi'd back into their hangers and the tribes of one nation meet the tribes of another and they break bread and they sing. All cultures. All colours. All castes and creeds and classes. Love is the enemy of evil. All it takes is for People to love People.

So for 2020 all I say to you now is love people. As many as you can, as much as you can. I feel that God challenges me to do this, and I'm challenging you.

God bless you, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ùr.
Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi Mhaise Duit.
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.

In service always,
+Alec Stewart

The-National-Image.jpg

Hamilton Removed, Fraser Elected
6078686-3x4-340x453.jpg

Following nearly two weeks of absence from regional life,
the House of Commons removed James D. Hamilton (LAB),
Member for Brigg and Goole, from the Chamber
on 22/12/19. While posting a leave of absence
on Dec. 9th, all other Members recognized
the need to have a fully participating chamber
to represent the citizenry of NSUK.

“I belive that due to James' lengthy absence
he leaves us no choice then to dismiss him from the house,”
said Johannes Maayst (BPU), MP for Gower and Llaneli.
Following the vote for removal, the Speaker Samuel Clarent (SF)
sent a PM to the Sovereign with a request to call a
by-election to fill the vacant seat.
Wasting no time, His Majesty King Edward X issued a writ of election
the same day for the 26th of December.

Jumping into the race were two former PMs and dedicated
public servants, both just reviving their own activity:
Home Secretary Andrew B. Fraser (BPU) and Sir Henry Norfolk (CON).

Fraser, just one of many old-timers to return,
applied for citizenship on Dec. 8th, and was
tapped by Prime Minister Alec Stewart to replace
Hamilton in HMG as Home Secretary.

Norfolk had resigned as PM in the summer citing
RL concerns before returning and registering the C
onservative and Unionist Party on the 19th of this month.

Sinn Fein and the Liberal Party did not
field candidates. While the Liberal Party stayed
relatively quiet, SF came to support Sir Norfolk in his bid.

Both Candidates highlighted their long tenures
of public service in NSUK as well as their unwillingness
to begin proposing legislation, while seeing need
to comment on those before Parliament or
decrying the “over legislation” of the Region.

“Over-legislating in this region is going to kill this
region. I have returned, and the amount of new law
is genuinely daunting, and I’m not even a newcomer,” said Fraser.

Overall, the election was close from beginning to end,
with Fraser edging out the vote over Norfolk, 14-12.

Conceding defeat, Norfolk said, “I will always spend my
time in United Kingdom working to make sure I
always earn your vote, your trust, and your
confidence, all in an effort to see our great region succeed.”

Fraser joins Klaus Mikaelson, Samuel Clarent, Alec Stewart,
and Johannes Maayst in the Commons, officially
tipping the British People’s Union into the majority
and delegating Sinn Fein into the Opposition.​

By: Sam Clarent

Other News:

Speaker of the House of Commons Samuel Clarent has filed a Legal Question with the Crown Court over the Constitutionality of the Executive Branch Reform Act given the new Amendments to the Constitution from the previous General Election, which saw Parliament stripped of its ability to provide for Cabinet Offices via Law, instead transferring that power to the Prime Minister via Executive Order. The Question is currently before the Court.

The House of Lords has just returned another Amendment to the Commons concerning the status of the House of Lords within the regional Judiciary. Passed by the Commons last session, the same Amendment must now be re-passed and is currently under debate in the Commons.

Early Last week just before the Christmas Holiday, representatives from the Land of Kings and Emperors traveled to NSUK for an official visit with the Government, Parliament, and the Monarchy. Prime Minister Erica von Clair-Arcadia made an address to Parliament and Guardian Counselor John Spencer-Talleyrand. Both stressed the importance of continued cooperation and praised the unique relationship shared between the two regions.​

Back