[Private] Choosing a Chief and maybe other things?

Zyvetskistaahn

TNPer
-
-
TNP Nation
Zyvetskistaahn
Discord
Zyvet#9958
Hello both,

Now that we are all sworn, we should proceed to choosing the new Chief Justice. I do not have a strong desire to be CJ but would accept the role.

I think in terms of other business, as was indicated in my campaign I do hope to one day get some amendments to the Rules made presuming there is support for that.

I would also be willing to take on the mantle of Chief but I am also fine with anyone else in the role.

I am also in favor of working on amendments to the rules of the court.

I also want to re-float my idea retiring the old "Call for Temporary Hearing Officers" thread and launching a new "Temporary Hearing Office Registry" to facilitate a more easily updated and accurate list of people willing to be THOs when needed. Since the old CfTHO thread was intended for one case 3 years ago and is very outdated.

I personally have little to no desire to be CJ, I'm fine with either of you two being such generally.

In regards to Court Rules amending, I'm fine with that, though I presently have no particular ideas.

The THO Registry thread idea I agree with, would be more useful to have a standing group of people known to be available.

An up-to-date prospective THO Registry that is kept up to date would seem a good idea to my mind. The Rules amendments I have in mind are broadly as set out here, it may make sense to include some requirements around the THO registry in the Rules if we are amending them, such as a requirement to review it every so often, with a view to ensuring that it is kept up-to-date into the future (though it may be more than is necessary).

As to the CJ, do you actively want the role @Lord Lore? If so I would support your taking the role.

In the interest of resolving this, I am going to say that I am actively interested in being CJ. If it is the will of each of you that I be CJ, could you please so note.

Two quick questions as well. Will we be utilizing discord like in past courts? And if so are we going to revert to the old system of private groups or the Court channel that has been utilized by the court in the TNP general server.

I have no aversion to using Discord nor to using the court channel (except where it may be necessary to use a group for a panel with THOs), once the masks are updated <.<

Back