Austalgothan Grand Vizier Elections

Who should be Austalgotha’s Grand Vizier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
Meet the Candidates

9gOap4jl.jpg
Algon Chopra—Chopra has been the Grand Vizier of Austalgotha since 2011. He’s served with distinction, continuing to maintain the fine line between Commonwealth interests, and Vestrugattic interests. He grew up in Lamidath, the son of a Syrixian father and an Aernish mother. His platform has always been that of a man of two peoples, understanding that Austalgothans don’t need to decide between their Vestrugattic or Syrixian roots, but can embrace both. He is seeking a third term.

8mjyntD.jpg
Anjali Rathkenhaem—Rathkenhaem was hand picked by King Sherwin as a special envoy to Syrixia after the formation of the Hastfradic League and later the Federation of the Vestrugat. She has served in that office for nearly four years and is unabashedly a supporter of Sherwin. Born in the small hamlet of Sorberg in Walkenland, she now considers Austalgotha to be her home. She represents integration between Walkenlanders and Austalgothans, while maintaining her own Syrixian heritage. She is seeking her first term.

7JURwrGl.jpg
Rohit Lagharae—Lagharae is running on an anti-Federation platform. He is a descendant of Syrixian colonials and believes that Austalgotha would be better off going alone with the commonwealth instead of being part of Vestrugatia. He believes it is time to create a Seraegnek state and to expel Hastfrads from Austalgotha. He has no previous political experience, and is seeking a first term.

OOC note: Additional candidates are likely to be added to the running as I see fit.

Last edited:
dKoDTYtm.jpg
Vivek Aethwiksen—Aethwiksen is a former director of TV commercials turned religious fundamentalist. He's running on a platform of religious reform, wanting to merge the Seraegnek Rakanist church with more mainstream Aelostianism, a movement called the Aelek-Rakanist Church. He sees many similarities, and a close brotherhood, between the two religions, and believes they are different views of the same god. He believes as Grand Vizier he will have the reaching influence to begin this reformation. He has no previous political experience and is seeking a first term.

dwYzUCJm.jpg
Mukesh Humayun—Humayun, more commonly known as Syrixian Jack, was a general of the Empire during the occupation of the east. He is considered a heroic figure in both Syrixian and Vestrugattic culture. Despite being dead for over two hundred and fifty years, his name was put forward for candidacy by the Make Syrixia Great Again movement, a satirical organization that claims to want to return to the Empire. His platform, according to the MSGA organization, is to withdraw from the Federation and join the Empire as a full dominion. Humayun has political experience as a former Governor of the Syrixian Vestrugat, but he is seeking his first term as Grand Vizier.

Last edited:
Walking into the office of the Grand Vizier was like walking into an ancient temple. For Anjali it was beyond words. She had ascended to the highest position of power in Austalgotha.

Algon Chopra greeted her as she entered, smiling warmly. “I’ve kept the chair warm,” he said pleasantly.

“Thank you, Algon,” she said taking his hand.

“No, thank you madam Vizier.” He stepped in for a hug, and she felt thankful for it. It meant there was no hard feelings between them. “You’re always welcome in Pataliputra.”

“So you’re not staying?”

He spread his arms. “Austalgotha is my home, but my family is in Syrixia. I’ll miss this country, but I’d miss my mother’s cooking more.”

They both shared a laugh. Algon gestured at the chair, the chair he’d recently vacated. “She’s all yours,” he said. “Lead them well.”

She took her seat savoring the feeling of success that washed over her. It felt good.

“Madam Vizier. Good luck, and may Aela bless you.”

“And to you, Algon,” she replied. “Give your mother my love.”

He gave a curt bow, and then turned and left. She was now alone in the office. She was now the leader of Austalgotha. It hadn’t hit her yet, but she knew it would. She was now the leader of a nation, responsible for their future. She was ready.

Back