Rocketdog
sG8YGQy.png
World Assembly Digest
by Rocketdog, Deputy Minister
ga.jpg

General Assembly
Improving the world one resolution at a time

Repeal "Preventing Desertification"
Final Vote (World): For - 11,639 (86.6%); Against - 1,797 (13.4%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 465 (90.0%); Against - 51 (10.0%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 39.5%

Recommendation: The target resolution was an attempt to address the damaging consequences of desertification with a call to action on member states to confront the phenomenon within their nation and a grant of authority to the WA Environmental Council to oversee such efforts. Based on the proposed repeal and our previous arguments found during the voting period of the original proposal, we find the measures urged by this proposal both weak and fair ineffective. Various aspects of desertification and the contributing factors therein are generally ignored and vaguely defined when addressed. The duties granted to the WAEC are fundamentally insufficient to address the alleged magnitude of the issue. This has unfortunately created a resolution that is fiscally unproductive and blocks stronger potential legislation on the subject.​

Seeing that this proposed repeal is an ends of means for paving the way for new and improved legislation on this topic, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this repeal resolution.

Ban on Sterilisation of Minors Etc
Final Vote (World): For - 10,312 (76.7%); Against - 3,139 (23.3%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 440 (84.5%); Against - 81 (15.5%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 41.3%

Recommendation: This proposal is intended to fill a gap that was highlighted in previous legislation attempts at addressing the rights those who are seeking surgery to alter their sexual identity. This issue boils down to legal guardians having full authority on the sterilisation of their minors they are legally responsible for. This surgery, by nature, is totally irreversible and therefore requires a high level of scrutiny when making this very sensitive medical decision. As such, this proposal will aim to prevent dangerous and/or coerced surgery that the minor does not want or need. This will reduce possible abuse and give rights to those minors who would otherwise be helpless in this situation should it involve parental/guardian bad actors.

In conclusion, it is great to be able to work with and support Imperium Anglorum as a WALL ally in assisting this proposal in passing. Therefore, in accordance with the reasoning displayed above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Responsible Land Mangement
Final Vote (World): For - 13,316 (91.4%); Against - 1,246 (8.6%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 481 (91.5%); Against - 61 (8.5%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 42.8%

Recommendation: This proposal aims to minimize environmentally harmful practices and effects that may lead to desertification. This is achieved through the establishment of a committee that tasks with testing, reporting, and educating member nations so as to how to most effectively deal with the various environmental hazards present in their local region(s). The proposal further targets a few specific scenarios that narrow the scope of the resolution somewhat. While not ideal, this proposal is harmless in application and will work to provide a net gain in environmental awareness and quality to WA member nations.

In accordance with this reasoning, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Financial and Economic Education
Final Vote (World): For - 11,435 (84.0%); Against - 2,185 (16.0%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 482 (91.5%); Against - 45 (8.5%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 42.0%

Recommendation:
The GA proposal "Financial and Economic Education" aims to increase general awareness of important topics such as financial mathematics, currency, and economics, all of which are pivotal concepts that are greatly beneficial to learn. This goal of increasing knowledge among the populace is to be achieved by mandating WA member nations to educate its citizens on these important financial and economic concepts. This acquired knowledge of said concepts can make it significantly easier for those transitioning into adulthood to manage their life and get adjusted to adult living.
Seeing how this proposal is completely beneficial to the greater WA community, the Ministry of WA Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools
Final Vote (World): For - 13,316 (91.4%); Against - 1,246 (8.6%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 483 (85.5%); Against - 82 (14.5%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 44.9%

Recommendation: The GA Proposal “Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools” aims to promote and provide for the furthering of the teaching of the natural sciences. While this goal is admirable, the proposal falls victim to vague language, incorrect definitions, and troublesome clauses that leave open the possibility of abuse. The definition of 'natural science' becomes an issue because the sciences that are listed refer to various physical and natural sciences instead of exclusively natural sciences as the definition would suggest. This defined science also has zero requirements to be peer-reviewed or validated so as to maintain scientific uniformity across WA member nations. The proposal goes on to refer to the term 'Natural Science' only once before abandoning it after clause 2 for the more general term of 'science' for the remainder of the proposal. Furthermore, Clause 6 allows for religious influence over the aforementioned sciences which further undermines the purpose of this proposal by allowing flawed religious historical beliefs to influence the teaching and understand of natural science which is crucial for a functional, modern society.

In hoping of a redraft or another proposal to cover this important topic, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

sc.jpg

Security Council
Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary

Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"
Final Vote (World): For - 2,206 (17.6%); Against - 10,271 (82.4%)
Final Vote (TNP): For - 50 (9.7%); Against - 463 (90.3%)
Percentage of TNP WA nations voting: 40.1%

Recommendation:
This is the third time that the Security Council has voted upon a repeal of the original condemn The Black Hawks resolution. Raider groups consider condemnations such as this to be a badge of honour, a recognition of the role they play as the villains within the context of military-based gameplay. The original resolution (SC #52) is both of historical significance and is a snapshot in time of The Black Hawk’s early contribution to NationStates. It would be very difficult and unlikely that this resolution, if it were to be repealed, would be replaced by a more detailed resolution that covered that early history of The Black Hawks and their influence on the multiverse.

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes that little has changed since the last repeal attempt of this resolution. The Black Hawks are deserving of both of their condemnations and continue to be a real threat to founderless regions. Therefore the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Last edited:
Here is the code:
Code:
[LEFT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/sG8YGQy.png[/IMG] [SIZE=6]World Assembly Digest[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[RIGHT][I]by Rocketdog, Deputy Minister[/I][/RIGHT]
[CENTER][IMG]https://www.nationstates.net/images/ga.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=#0059b3]General Assembly[/COLOR][/B]
[I][COLOR=#00b359]I[/COLOR]mproving the world one resolution at a time[/I][/CENTER]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Repeal "Preventing Desertification"[/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Failed [/COLOR][/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]11,639[/COLOR] (86.6%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]1,797 [/COLOR](13.4%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]465[/COLOR] (90.0%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]51 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](10.0%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 39.5%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[LEFT][B]Recommendation: [/B]The target resolution was an attempt to address the damaging consequences of desertification with a call to action on member states to confront the phenomenon within their nation and a grant of authority to the WA Environmental Council to oversee such efforts. Based on the proposed repeal and our previous arguments found during the voting period of the original proposal, we find the measures urged by this proposal both weak and fair ineffective. Various aspects of desertification and the contributing factors therein are generally ignored and vaguely defined when addressed. The duties granted to the WAEC are fundamentally insufficient to address the alleged magnitude of the issue. This has unfortunately created a resolution that is fiscally unproductive and blocks stronger potential legislation on the subject.[/LEFT]

Seeing that this proposed repeal is an ends of means for paving the way for new and improved legislation on this topic, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this repeal resolution.
[LEFT][h][/h][/LEFT]
[CENTER][B]Ban on Sterilisation of Minors Etc[/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]Passed [/COLOR][/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]10,312[/COLOR] (76.7%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]3,139 [/COLOR](23.3%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]440 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](84.5%)[/COLOR]; [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]81 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](15.5%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 41.3%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[B]Recommendation:[/B] This proposal is intended to fill a gap that was highlighted in previous legislation attempts at addressing the rights those who are seeking surgery to alter their sexual identity. This issue boils down to legal guardians having full authority on the sterilisation of their minors they are legally responsible for. This surgery, by nature, is totally irreversible and therefore requires a high level of scrutiny when making this very sensitive medical decision. As such, this proposal will aim to prevent dangerous and/or coerced surgery that the minor does not want or need. This will reduce possible abuse and give rights to those minors who would otherwise be helpless in this situation should it involve parental/guardian bad actors.

In conclusion, it is great to be able to work with and support Imperium Anglorum as a WALL ally in assisting this proposal in passing. Therefore, in accordance with the reasoning displayed above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Responsible Land Mangement[/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=#59b300]Passed [/COLOR][/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]13,316[/COLOR] (91.4%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]1,246 [/COLOR](8.6%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]481 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](91.5%)[/COLOR]; [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]61 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](8.5%)
[I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 42.8%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[B]Recommendation:[/B] This proposal aims to minimize environmentally harmful practices and effects that may lead to desertification. This is achieved through the establishment of a committee that tasks with testing, reporting, and educating member nations so as to how to most effectively deal with the various environmental hazards present in their local region(s). The proposal further targets a few specific scenarios that narrow the scope of the resolution somewhat. While not ideal, this proposal is harmless in application and will work to provide a net gain in environmental awareness and quality to WA member nations.

In accordance with this reasoning, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Financial and Economic Education[/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]Passed [/COLOR][/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]11,435[/COLOR] (84.0%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]2,185 [/COLOR](16.0%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#00b300]482 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](91.5%)[/COLOR]; [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=#ff0000]45 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](8.5%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 42.0%[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[B]
Recommendation: [/B]The GA proposal "Financial and Economic Education" aims to increase general awareness of important topics such as financial mathematics, currency, and economics, all of which are pivotal concepts that are greatly beneficial to learn. This goal of increasing knowledge among the populace is to be achieved by mandating WA member nations to educate its citizens on these important financial and economic concepts. This acquired knowledge of said concepts can make it significantly easier for those transitioning into adulthood to manage their life and get adjusted to adult living.
Seeing how this proposal is completely beneficial to the greater WA community, the Ministry of WA Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools[/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]Passed [/COLOR][/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]For[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#59b300]13,[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]316[/COLOR] (91.4%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]1,246 [/COLOR](8.6%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#00b300]483 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](85.5%)[/COLOR]; [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][I]82 [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](14.5%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 44.9%[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[B]Recommendation: [/B]The GA Proposal “Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools” aims to promote and provide for the furthering of the teaching of the natural sciences. While this goal is admirable, the proposal falls victim to vague language, incorrect definitions, and troublesome clauses that leave open the possibility of abuse. The definition of 'natural science' becomes an issue because the sciences that are listed refer to various physical and natural sciences instead of exclusively natural sciences as the definition would suggest. This defined science also has zero requirements to be peer-reviewed or validated so as to maintain scientific uniformity across WA member nations. The proposal goes on to refer to the term 'Natural Science' only once before abandoning it after clause 2 for the more general term of 'science' for the remainder of the proposal. Furthermore, Clause 6 allows for religious influence over the aforementioned sciences which further undermines the purpose of this proposal by allowing flawed religious historical beliefs to influence the teaching and understand of natural science which is crucial for a functional, modern society.

In hoping of a redraft or another proposal to cover this important topic, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.
[h][/h]
[CENTER][IMG]https://www.nationstates.net/images/sc.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=#b30000]Security Council[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary[/I][/CENTER]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B][COLOR=#000000]Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Status:[/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Failed [/COLOR][/B]| [I]Delegate's Vote:[/I] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Against[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Final Vote (World):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=rgb(89, 179, 0)]2,206[/COLOR] (17.6%); [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]10,271 [/COLOR](82.4%)
[I]Final Vote (TNP):[/I] [I]For [/I]- [COLOR=#00b300]50 [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](9.7%)[/COLOR]; [I]Against - [/I][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][I]463 [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000](90.3%)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][I]Percentage of TNP WA nations voting:[/I] 40.1%[/COLOR][/CENTER]
[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][/COLOR]This is the third time that the Security Council has voted upon a repeal of the original condemn The Black Hawks resolution. Raider groups consider condemnations such as this to be a badge of honour, a recognition of the role they play as the villains within the context of military-based gameplay. The original resolution (SC #52) is both of historical significance and is a snapshot in time of The Black Hawk’s early contribution to NationStates. It would be very difficult and unlikely that this resolution, if it were to be repealed, would be replaced by a more detailed resolution that covered that early history of The Black Hawks and their influence on the multiverse.

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs believes that little has changed since the last repeal attempt of this resolution. The Black Hawks are deserving of both of their condemnations and continue to be a real threat to founderless regions. Therefore the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.
[h][/h]

Last edited:
1. It seems you've used Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools as the title for the Black Hawks proposal.
2. You've got some of the vote counts mixed up. Go back through the resolutions on the site and take a look at them. For example PNSS passed with 13k rather than 11k.

Other than that it's accepted by me.

Back