Our Father [OPEN]

With the continuation of Oclusia down their path of self induced destruction, through the division, discrimination and persecution of 52% of their own people despite the continually growing, firm international response in opposition to these disastrous policies, Ulstome cannot and will not leave any room for harm for its people and the innocent courantists who simply seek to live normal lives in their own country which any individual anywhere in the world is entitled to have. This horrific continuation of their abhorrent policies must not go on any further!

We are also deeply saddened to learn of their extension of this policy to beyond their own citizens! It is outrageous that they would take such increases in their authoritarian and disastrous path as to persecute foreign internationals! We stand with those who's families were executed such as the Midirian tourists who our deepest sorrows are with. Ulstome shall not allow the risk of her own people and those of other nations to be put at risk. Which is why Ulstome has issued a complete travel ban to Oclusia, we also no longer recommend that those from Ulstome return to Ulstome but we hereby order them to come home immediately. Refugee status will be given to anyone from Oclusia who is currently in Ulstome or coming to Ulstome to ensure their safety and well being.

The Ulstome embassy in Oclusia is hereby given permission to do all it can to help anyone in their path to get to Ulstome aswell as allow it to allow anyone who enters the embassy to remain as long as the ambassador deems fit.

zI1JTWH.jpg

HAOR CHALL
MINISTRY OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS

OPEN DÉMARCHE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF OCLUSIA, ON THIS DAY 2 OCTOBER

To the government of Oclusia, and other nations of interest,

The Majestic Twelve of Haor Chall unreservedly condemns the recent actions of the Oclusian government towards its own Courantist citizens, including those attempting to leave the country, and the state-sponsored murder of eight Midranean tourists.

Whilst national sovereignty is something we hold of great importance, this does not and cannot extend to the kinds of discrimination and unjustified extra-legal actions taken by the Oclusian government towards its own people and foreign nationals. We accordingly petition the Oclusian government to end these acts immediately.

Haor Chall will be conferring with fellow member states of the Meterran Economic Treaty Association on how to respond to this situation, should the Oclusian government fail to change course. We hold that the fullest range of options, including but not limited to economic sanctions or military action, should be considered to resolve this situation and are also offering our full support to our fellow META member Saintonge in dealing with the resulting refugee crisis.

The Council of the Majestic Twelve
Haor Chall

See also: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9015868/page-16#post-10263306

Last edited:
MnoSvvz.png

Official Communication from the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Saintonge
Palais du Gouvernement
1, Place de Gouvernement, Centre
10000 SAINTES
(+15)(+1) 2000-0000
http://www.presidence.gouv.st/

To: His Excellency Lyovkin Yermolayevich
President of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia

To My Great and Good Friend Lyovkin Yermolayevich,

Greetings from the Kingdom of Saintonge! I hope this letter reaches you in good spirits.

The Government of the Kingdom of Saintonge had received news that the Royal Santonian Embassy in Minsk is being overwhelmed with refugees and asylum seekers. His Majesty’s Government had resolved to take in these refugees into the Kingdom of Saintonge under Décret Royal 2019-117. As such, I am writing this letter to appeal to Your Excellency to kindly approve our humble request for the safe conduct of the individuals who had been issued refugee status (Certificat de statut de réfugié) under the aforementioned D.R. 2019-117. The Kingdom of Saintonge will shoulder all the costs of bringing the refugees out of our Minsk embassy and into Saintonge. Further details had been sent by our Ambassador to your ministry in charge of external affairs.

We hope that Your Excellency will view our request favourably, in view of our countries’ longstanding neighbourly ties.

Your Good Friend,

(signed)
Anne-Douceline Courseaux
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Saintonge

Last edited:
Aleman International Airport
Glöckenkirchen, Highton

A group of children walked off of the massive airplane which had just landed at the airport. They varied in age from 3 to 17. The oldest, a boy named Stefan Nagelberg, stood at the front of the group. He held a Hightonian passport in his right hand- something he had had since he was a day old but had never used. It had been a long week; on Saturday, he had come home from school to his parents, both home early, and packing their valuables into boxes. That evening, his father had tried to board a flight to Highton, but he was caught in airport security and arrested. On Sunday, Stefan and his mother abandoned their house and worked their way toward the Yalkan border. On Monday night, they stayed in a tiny motel just six miles away from the border. In the middle of the night, the motel has stormed by Oclusian officers- Stefan’s mother was arrested. Stefan managed to escape, jumping out the window and running non stop for an hour until he reached the border. He made a cold sprint across the imaginary line which had become his goal. He was now safely in Yalkan, but with no phone, no bag, no shoes, and nothing but the pajamas that he was wearing and the passport that he had kept in his pocket.

He had a fresh set of clothes now. His great-grandfather has been born in Glöckenkirchen. This was the first time he had left Oclusia, and even though he was one quarter Hightonian, it did not yet feel like home. The airport was cold, and the younger children behind him, were in tears. He didn’t know where his parents were. He didn’t know where his friends were. The only people that he could interact with were young children who he was not at all interested in speaking with. The soldiers who had accompanied them led the group out of the airport and on to a pair of orange Aleman schoolbuses. One of the soldiers passed Stefan a note. He looked down and saw an address.

“What is this?” Stefan said in Aleman, but with a thick Oclusian accent.

“Where you will be taken. It is the address of your fourth cousin,” the soldier replied. Stefan did not know his cousins. He didn’t even know their names. They were too distant, in his mind, to be important. But now, here he was, going to live with them. The quick orange bus pulled up at the designated address in one of Glöckenkirchen’s suburbs.

“Nagelberg! Mitrović! This is your stop,” one of the soldiers through the bus. Stefan picked up with small string bag and walked off the bus. As he exited he walked past dozens of children who stared at him. A younger boy, maybe eight years old, shuffled off the bus as well. The bus pulled away as the two boys walked off the bus.

“Who are you?” Said Stefan to the younger boy.

“My name is Joachim,” said the boy. He was not related to him, but he had been assigned to the same house. As Stefan rang the doorbell, they waited. His relatives opened the door and they met for the first time.

Did this feel like home? He was not sure yet. Six days ago he was in school studying biology and now he was thousands of miles away. He could never have imagined it a week ago. He was a long way from Oclusia. But he was in Glöckenkirchen. He heard church bells ring for 4 in the afternoon as he was guided upstairs to his new room.

rva1O7b.jpg

The Charrian Broadcast Company - Breaking News 2 October

HAOR CHALL SENDS DIPLOMATIC PROTEST TO OCLUSIA

In a quite minor escalation of the growing crisis in Oclusia, the Council of the Majestic Twelve have sent a formal diplomatic protest to the government of Oclusia, demanding that the regime stops its discriminatory practices.

The only concrete gesture from the government has been the redeployment of two Navy frigates, which had been travelling along the East coast of Meterra on a diplomatic goodwill tour, and have left port in Demescia ahead of schedule, reportedly now heading towards Saintonge. A Ministry of Defence spokesman said that the frigates were deploying as a precaution, as a sign of support to Saintonge and in case they were needed to support humanitarian operations. The spokesman also said that this was "an excellent demonstration of the flexibility of Charrian forces to move rapidly from diplomatic missions, to humanitarian efforts or across the full spectrum of operations."

TRAIN WRECK IN XI CHAR DELAYS IMPORTANT MEETING

A train has derailed on the mainline into Xi Char, leading to long delays on the railways and impacts on nearby roads. Reports of casualties are yet to be confirmed, but it is thought that these events have lead to national security meetings at the Octagon to be cancelled.

As always, the CBC will keep you up to date with the latest developments in this story.

HAOR CHALL DEPLOYS MILITARY FORCES ON HIGH ALERT;
PRESUMED TO BE IN RESPOND TO GROWING OCLUSIAN CRISIS

9Bhlzyr.jpg

Type 52 Frigate of the Haor Charrian Navy [stock image, copyright HCMOD]

In a dramatic escalation of the growing crisis in Oclusia, military forces from Haor Chall appear to have been mobilised in response. The only confirmed reports are of two Navy frigates, but other military deployments are believed to also be related.
The two frigates, which had been travelling along the East coast of Meterra on a diplomatic goodwill tour, have left port in Demescia ahead of schedule and are reportedly now heading towards Oclusia. A Ministry of Defence spokesman said that the frigates were deploying as a precaution, in case they were needed to support Saintonge humanitarian operations. The spokesman also said that this was "an excellent demonstration of the flexibility of Charrian forces to move rapidly from diplomatic missions, to humanitarian efforts or across the full spectrum of operations."

The Charrian Ministry of Defence has also denied reports that the 4th Carrier Battle Group, part of the 2nd Fleet and based in the port of Mannheim, and which put to sea this morning is also deploying to the Oclusian area and has said that this move was for a training exercise, and a part of the routine maritime exercise programme for the fleet. HCNS Audacious is the flagship of the 4th CBG and was seen loading aircraft and stores over night, before departing Mannheim in the earlier hours of the morning (local time).

QMVZ8Zt.jpg

Haor Challian Air Force heavy transports loading army equipment [stock image, copyright HCMOD]

Notably, however, the Ministry of Defence has refused to comment on reports that Charrian aircraft, including heavy transports and fighter aircraft, have left Charrian airspace today heading towards Predice. Both Haor Chall and Predice are members of META and sources inside the international organisation say that both countries have been pushing for strong action towards Oclusia. There are unconfirmed reports from diplomatic sources in Predice which suggest that a joint press conference between both nations will be held shortly.

As always, the CBC will keep you up to date with the latest developments in this story.

Charrian Broadcasting Company News - trusted across the nation and across the world.

Last edited:
3:45PM, Armed Forces Headquarters, Nuevo Antofagosta

The RAP cameras were rolling...
2 Generals, Predice's Mario Mendez, and Haor Chall's Brigadier Thomas Beck enter the press room.
Mario Mendez begins to speak: "Hello, and thank you all for being here. We're here thanks to the extremely grave situation currently taking place in Oclusia. After votes in both the Cabinet of the Most Serene State of Predice, and the Council of the Majestic Twelve of Haor Chall, it has been decided that Military Action will be taken against Oclusia. I wish to stress that this is not a declaration of war, simply an intervention to topple the Oclusian President. We call on all Oclusian troops to join this intervention. I must also thank our partners in Haor Chall for joining us in this intervention."

Thomas also speaks: "I echo the statements of my Predicean colleague, and absolutely welcome the support of Predice. Together we can defeat the evil, and help the Oclusian people rise anew from this crisis. I would also like to stress that this is not a declaration of war. To other META members who wish to see the end of this regime, you are welcome to contribute forces to end this evil in Oclusia"

A Reporter asks: "How many men will be involved in this operation"

"I am afraid that is classified military information, next question" Mendez answers

"Why are Predice and Haor Chall launching a military Operation?" A reporter asks

"We can assure you, this decision was not taken lightly. Our operations will take place, with the knowledge that this wickedness must be cut off before it can grow."

"Will this affect our foreign relations?" a reporter asks

"I can't say. But likely yes. These actions are likely not going to be popular with everyone. That is all. Thank you all for being here"

Both Beck and Mendez leave the room.

Once only a moderately unusual sight in the halls of the Rivage Palace, the presence of a man dressed in a black cassock had become nearly unheard of following the demise of Prince Stéphane in mid-2016. It wasn't the apathy of Stéphane's replacement that made meetings between bishop and sovereign nearly worthless, but the fact that the church had nothing to offer a princess who didn't want anything from it.

Regardless, there were times that necessitated a visitation, and today was one of those days. Bishop Anthoine Dupont felt compelled to take a chance after hearing of the new laws in Oclusia, and the days that passed without a response from the Sil Dorsettian government were concerning. As was custom, a warden at the entrance to the Chamber of Rule bowed before the bishop as he approached, and swung the knocker on the door three times.

"Enter," a voice behind the door called out. The warden admitted the bishop into the chamber and shut the door, ensuring privacy. In the room, Princess Claidie sat upon her throne in her typical yellow and silver skirt suit, adorned only with a red rose brooch. The Prime Minister accompanied her, sitting off to the side. Princess Alice was not present, handling another engagement.

"Bishop Dupont," Claidie addressed the man, "It's not often we meet. I assume this is for something serious."

"Indeed, Your Highness," Anthoine responded. "I'm sure by now you've been made aware of the new laws in Oclusia persecuting adherents of the Courantist faith, depriving them of their rights and threatening death to those who seek a better life elsewhere."

"I have, and I assume the reason you're here is to question why the government hasn't put out a response to that."

"I had hoped you were not as apathetic as your father."

"I'm not. But, if you want to compare me to my father, let me offer another comparison. I'm more tactical than my father ever was," Claidie smugly proclaimed. "I understand the plight, and I don't want to ignore it. If there's something I can do, I'll offer it. The question is 'What?'"

"You could freeze assets, or even seize them to pressure their leaders," Anthoine suggested.

"Assuming there's even anything to freeze or seize."

"You could issue a condemnation, urging Yermolayevich to repent. It would be a statement in support of the international community as well, to show solidarity with it."

"I understand your reasoning behind that," Claidie assured the bishop, "but we simply don't have the clout to make a difference there. Nothing we do will ensure the resolution of the conflict in one way or another; it will resolve on its own for better or worse, and if we're not careful, we could simply make ourselves a target for retaliation should things get worse in Oclusia. What I do not want is to use the international community as a shield for us to be reckless in what we say."

"A disappointing decision, Your Highness," Anthoine responded. "None should fear persecution for works done in the name of God."

"And yet I cannot demand that of the seventy percent of the nation that doesn't adhere to your doctrines, Bishop Dupont," Claidie replied. "We will do what we can, but we will be reasonable about it. We already have laws in place to ensure the safety and protection of asylum seekers, and I am quite willing to ask my sister and the Prime Minister ..." - She paused for a moment, staring at the Prime Minister in attendance - "... to have the situation in Oclusia declared a humanitarian crisis under the law, giving permanent residency for those affected and a path to citizenship. Is that sufficient, bishop?"

"Better than nothing," the bishop thought to himself. To Claidie, he was more direct. "It will do."

"Good. If there's anything else you can suggest that doesn't put the principality at risk of violence, I'm open to hear it."

"Nothing further, Your Highness."

"If that changes, let me know. I wish your flock well."

Seemingly dismissed by the monarch, Bishop Dupont left, disappointed that essentially nothing was gained. To him, the princess didn't appear to be as benevolent as he imagined she would be. He expected action. He expected a statement to be made. Instead, all he could hope for now was that the already existing laws were on his side.

* * *​

The next day, the morning meeting with between the princesses, Prime Minister and the cabinet, was about to begin. Alice had returned from her engagement, and she and her sister were discussing the Princess's Storehouse stockpile numbers when the Prime Minister entered the room to start the meeting with a red folder in hand. A red folder was indicative that the documents inside were related to some kind of crisis, domestic or international, and it was not something anyone in the room wanted to see.

"My day's about to go bad, isn't it?" Claidie asked the prime minister.

Madeline, with a hushed and bewildered look upon her face, set the folder down in front of the princess. "It's worse than you and Bishop Dupont thought," she informed the princesses, before starting her presentation to the whole group.

"Your Highnesses, members of the Cabinet... Yesterday, the government was petitioned by the Bishop of Norvalle to take action against the government of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia, specifically President Lyovkin Yermolayevich, for engaging in religiously charged discrimination and persecution. The bishop wanted a statement to be released condemning the Oclusi government and for sanctions to be levied. We initially declined to do so, instead referring the bishop to laws concerning refugees and asylum seekers, ensuring that we would follow those procedures."

While the prime minister was speaking, Claidie was reviewing the contents of the folder, including all the media reports and public statements from around the world.

"The situation is worse than we initially believed," Madeline continued. "Reports show that the Oclusi government is exterminating anyone professing the Courantist faith, including its own citizens and even foreigners in the country. I believe the situation obligates us to issue a statement at a minimum to forbid Sil Dorsettian citizens from traveling to Oclusia, but I think a condemnation just another centimeter forward from that. I do not want the principality to be on the wrong side of history today. I believe we should issue a total condemnation, institute widespread sanctions even if they're only symbolic, and deploy the Solidarity to assist in refugee rescue and relocation efforts."

The final suggestion caught Claidie's attention the most, and her face went red with worry. The last time the Solidarity went off into the distance, a diplomatic dispute raged on for months, and it was only for a patrol. Now, the prime minister was advocating a deployment for action. The princess was hesitant, as the recommendation from her prime minister went against everything she told the bishop the day before, but she knew the situation was dire. She looked around at the room and all of the stoic ministers before turning to her sister. Alice simply nodded her head.

"If there's to be only one person in this room that knows what they're doing, it needs to be you," Claidie said to the prime minister. "Make it so."

* * *​

VdTOaZJ.png
The Government of the Principality of Sil Dorsett,

Disturbed by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia's implementation of discriminatory laws targeting those who do not profess the Orthodox faith,
Confounded by the hindrance of free movement to keep the those who do not profess the Orthodox faith confined to the borders of Oclusia to suffer continuous persecution,
Appalled by the forceful separation of Courantist children from their parents and guardians,
and Disgusted by the systematic extermination of Oclusia's own citizens on the basis of religion,

Hereby condemns the Government of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia.

__________​

Their Highnesses The Sister Princesses Claidie and Alice, and the Prime Minister of the Principality of Sil Dorsett hereby command the following:

1. that no citizen of the Principality set foot in Oclusi territory unless directed to by the Armed Forces as part of an international effort to intervene in the crisis,
2. that no corporation or proprietorship conduct business within Oclusi territory or with persons residing within Oclusia,
3. that any and all assets held within the Principality by members of the Government of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia, including President Lyovkin Yermolayevich, members of his Cabinet, and members of the Oclusi Congress, are forfeit to the crown,
4. that all members of the Oclusi ambassadorial staff defect or be expelled from the Principality within 72 hours, and,
5. that Oclusi who seek refuge from persecution be given permanent asylum and residence within the Principality.

It is so decreed.

Last edited:
The sun just rose above the horizon, but numerous Oclusi soldiers were all ready. They tarried patiently at the entrance to the Ulstome embassy just waiting for the sign. They were backed up with backup soldiers in case they ran into trouble. Guns were drawn on their backs as if they were marching off to war. The door to the embassy was able to be broken down with a machine that specializes in forced door-opening. "We got word that there are Courantists inside of this embassy! Ulstome is hiding people from us and we need to put our foot down! This is an operation upon the orders of the president. We shall not fail or it's off with heads for all you lazy motherfuckers!"

Soldiers let out a loud grunt before the machine came forward to break down the door. Several loud bangs on the door were heard before the door fell over. The warriors let out yet another loud yelp and stormed into the embassy. "Top of the morning, you cheeky bastards!" Commander Vloska yelled to reveal an echoe off the wall. Several of them broke through the windows with the machine and looked over toward where there could be Courantists hiding. They checked room after room. No sight, but then they realized that there was the security of Ulstome. Several of the militants stayed behind and gunned down several Ulstomeans and the rest fled west. "Go! Go! Go!" Commander Zvolka yelled to his soldiers as they kept storming. Then, silence came as they went up the first few flights of stairs.

"Freeze!"
the commander yelled as he pointed out several Courantists to his men. "Seize them!" he yelled. The Courantists ran as far as they could, but soon, they were at the end of the hall. The Oclusi militants got on knees and shot several Courantists before capturing the rest. Then, more of them went upstairs to capture more. There, they saw over fifteen Courantists who were captured without much trouble. Then, they went up the stairs once more to look for any remaining. They broke down a door and uncovered twenty-five hiding in the room. They held their hands to their faces to avoid looking at fate. Oclusi soldiers put them all in handcuffs and they transported all forty-five captured Courantists to the truck that awaited outside. All of them looked away as they were loaded on. Solemn was the only mood that was inside of the truck.

Soldiers went back into the embassy. They were not looking for Courantists anymore, but they were now looking for the Ulstomean ambassadors to Oclusia. The commander led the force up the stairs one last time. When the reached the fifth floor, they immediately found several ambassadors. The soldiers each surrounded them before sending another unit to another room for the other ambassadors. They brought them all out into one corner and tossed the ones acquired on the ground. "Hit!" the commander yelled. Several soldiers who weren't armed came forward and mercilessly beat the ambassadors to the ground. Blood was on the faces of all of them. Bruises were evident for all of them. They took one of the ambassadors to the back of their crowd. "Your ass will be burned on the stake..." the commander told that one. The soldiers armed closed in on the ambassadors. Commander Vloska stepped forward.

"When you aid and abed criminals, this is the shit you get. You motherfuckers emerge in darkness, and you will die in that motherfucking darkness!" he yelled. "Ready! Aim! Fire!" PKEWWFFFFF!

Last edited:
To the government of Oclusia

It is sad to hear that you have chosen a course of action which goes against the very teachings of Christ. That you should persecute our very own brothers for simple doctrinal differences, based solely on racist and bigoted reasons is an affront to God. Orthodoxy is not a belief system, we are all Messianists. Whether they recognize a pope or not, we all worship the same divine.

With heavy heart, but knowing heaven is on our side in this, the Church of Saint Azulnais will no longer remain in communion with Church of Oclusia as we do not recognize your authority nor believe you know the spirit of Christ.

Patriarch of Inflorirval and the Church of Saint Azulnais,
Konstantin VII

Ulstome Forces Put On High Alert
A reporter dressed in a suit stands on a port, towering behind him stands Ulstome's only aircraft carrier.
"In development with the change in the Ulstome Governments position which was made clear earlier today when Ulstome said it would back a PGU task force against Oclusia after its continued escalation of the courantist crisis thats going within the nations borders." He gestured to behind him. "As you can see behind me is Ulstomes only aircraft carrier but activity around here has picked up as of recent. The Ulstome naval forces and a good portion of their ground and air forces have been put on standby, ready to answer the call if war breaks out with Oclusia. A clear show of the point the international community has been making since the start, back down or face the consequences...."

The news cuts back to the news room where a pale faced lady sits

The lady takes a deep breath "We interrupt that segment of the news to bring you this urgent news..." the lady is visibly shaking as the words start to struggle out of her mouth "The.... Ul..Ul..Ulstome.. embas...basy... in.. Oclu..Oclusia.. has...been..at..t.t.t.acked by...by...by... Oc..Oclusian... forces..." a member of staff rushes onto the set at comforts the woman before walking off the set whilst another smartly dressed man takes his seat infront of the camera "We are now going to the Prime Ministers comments on the situation."

The camera cuts to the steps of the Prime Ministers home where Prime Minister George Roberts stands, his rage poorly masked.

"People of Ulstome, today we have experienced a horrific tragedy. The wild dogs that hide in human skin and call themselves the Oclusian Government have crossed a line they should never cross. They have attacked the Ulstome embassy in Oclusia, a breach of the embassies diplomatic protection which should always be respected and protected. They spilled the blood of innocent Courantists on its walls, people who had come to us for safety and protection. Worst of all, they executed Eric Fonswali, a friend of mine who had loyally served this nation for many long years, unforgivable, these actions are unforgivable! An attack on our embassy and our people is one on all of Ulstome!" He shouted before staying silent a few seconds as he collected himself "But I will not just throw this nation into war, no my friends, I will give Oclusia one last chance.

This is an ultimatum to the Oclusian regime. Oclusia will fully compensate all lives lost and damage done to all families affected by their actions. Oclusia will repeal all anti-Courantist laws. Investigations will be held to search for and punish all those responsible for the regime's actions."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ulstome carrier and many of its naval ships were seen leaving the nations ports later that day. They are believed to be heading towards Oclusia.

Last edited:
Office of the Imperial Chancellery

Gartenstrasse* 152
Dinsmark, Meginland

Städtler was just standing by the window in his wood-panelled office after the conclusion of the cabinet meeting that took place a few hours prior. He was looking out at the city architecture while drinking a cup of earl grey when his parliamentary secretary came into his office. "Mister Chancellor," said the secretary in an accent typically associated with the east, "It's time. They're ready for you sir." "Good then,'' he replied to the secretary, "Tell them that I'll be down momentarily." The secretary responded with a "Yes sir", and went back downstairs to the ground floor from whence he came. Städtler took another sop of his tea before setting it down on his desk, and then proceeded to put on his suit jacket before leaving his office.

He came outside to where there was a podium nearby, with his official residence and a gold-fringed Mintorian tricolour as the backdrop for his official statement.

42ppera_d.jpg

Städtler: "Yermolayevich is nothing more than an utter disgrace, unworthy of the title and office which he holds"

Chancellor Wilhelm Städtler condemns President Lyovkin Yermolayevich of Oclusia amidst escalation of the situation within the country.

2 October 2019 - 10:30

This morning, the Chancellor, the Right Honourable Wilhelm Städtler, made a statement concerning the events that have this far developed in the nation of Oclusia. In his statement, he had not only condemned the authorities and the government for its actions, he had condemned the Oclusi President, Lyovkin Yermolayevich, for issuing decrees that lead up these events. This was his following statement:

Chancellor's official statement:
Today, our government have learnt that Oclusi authorities had taken 20 Midranean tourists, and had shot eight of them while sending the rest to detention centres. And before this, we had received word that following the ratification of its anti-Courantist laws, it has begun to detain those who have attempted to escape their persecution. We have learnt that it has begun to discriminately kill their our citizens, on the basis of their faith. It has begun to arrest, detain, and kill those who adheres to the Courantist faith.

These the acts of a minority-controlled government that blatantly persecutes a group that is the majority of their country. It's bad enough that this government has shown itself that they willing to go to such length with disregard to the international response. They extended their policies to the foreigners in their country as well. These are the acts of a government led by a man with sinister motives. That man goes by the name of Lyovkin Yermolayevich. He is responsible for issuing these orders. It is as we speak that people are suffering and are being prejudiced under his decree. He said that it is done to stabilize the unemployment rate. Our government does not believe that it is because of that. The stabilization of its unemployment rate is merely a cover to hide the President's true malevolence, and his sinister, perverted machinations. Lyovkin Yermolayevich is nothing more than an utter disgrace, unworthy of the title and office which he holds. And starting now, this is something that our country and our government will not stand.

The Chancellor's full statement can be found at www.KRD.cim, or on the KRD Vidcast channel. As of today, His Imperial Majesty's Government has condemned the government of Oclusia for their enactment of anti-Courantist laws with their country. Additionally, the Chancellor has ordered the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Right Honourable Friedrich von Pourtalès, to place a restriction on travel between Mintoria and Oclusia. Sanctions will be issued upon Oclusia that will have significant impact on Oclusi currency and industry starting at 13:00 today, and the Oclusi government has been ordered to withdraw all embassy and consulate staff from Mintoria by end of business today upon pain of expulsion.

We will continue to follow the events and inform of new developments as the situation progresses

Gartenstrasse - "garden street"

Last edited:
++International waters, 104 miles from Oclusian territorial seas++

Commander Iain Smith, of the Haor Charrian Navy, wiped the ocean spray from his binoculars as he stood on the bridge wing of the frigate HCNS Battleaxe. It was an overcast, grey day, far from the tropical sun he had been enjoying less than a day ago in Demescia. The abrupt change in orders hadn’t come as a shock after listening to the news in recent days, but some of the crew had been somewhat more surprised – mid night out on the town – and there were definitely more than a few of them still nursing hangovers. At least the Demescian locals had probably been relieved to see us leave early, he thought to himself wryly. Except for the proprietors of the watering holes near the port perhaps.

Without the binoculars he could just make out the angular shape of the HCNS Brilliant, sister ship to Battleaxe and, currently, their only company en-route to Oclusian waters. She was sailing in formation, about 200 metres away from the Battleaxe and just off their port quarter, her bow making large sheets of spray as she raced through the water.

Both ships were travelling at around 22 knots, faster than their usual cruising speed but not too far above it to drastically impact on their range – yet at least. Smith had been informed through secure communications that the 4th Carrier Battle Group were – despite the news reports – also heading in the direction of Oclusia, although they had much further to travel, heading up from Haor Chall itself. So he just had to ensure his ships maintained enough fuel to keep going until the battle group, with its attendant tankers and supply ships, arrived on the scene. Thankfully they had been able to refuel before leaving port and were sufficiently stocked to operate until the carrier group reached them.

Now, however, he had different company to meet. Although they had already been picked up on radar, and communicated via radio, Smith wanted to see the new arrivals for himself. He looked through the binoculars again, and this time, he could see three more warships coming into view. The Lancerian Navy certainly knew how to build ships he mused, looking at the lines of the approaching vessels. The lead ship he recognised as the HES Lannes, a destroyer, and the other two behind would be her frigate escorts. Now they were in visual range, it was time to slow down and allow them to join his formation. He opened the bridge wing hatch and signalled the helmsmen as he stepped back inside. “Helm, reduce speed to 17 knots. Comms – patch me through the CO of the Lannes…”

++The Octagon, Xi Char, Haor Chall++

“Councillor, sirs, I have the updated brief on our deployment for you here.” Said Colonel Haig as he handed out folders to those sat around the table in the secure briefing room of the Octagon, Haor Challs central military headquarters. Whilst he had been working here for almost a year now, this was the first time briefing the Defence Chiefs that a member of the Council of the Majestic Twelve had been in attendance. Despite his twenty years of service in the infantry he found it difficult to keep his voice calm as he spoke.

“Deployment of Naval forces is moving as expected, the Battleaxe and Brilliant have rendezvoused with the three vessels from the Lancerian Empire as agreed and are roughly 6 hours from the Oclusian coast. The 4th Carrier Battle Group cleared Mannheim this morning and will reach Oclusia in a couple of days.” He cleared his throat and flicked a glance at Admiral Hawn, the Chief of the Naval Staff, before continuing. “The carrier group is one ship short, as the frigate Active suffered a material defect on her port prop shaft which meant she was unable to depart from Mannheim with the rest of the fleet. As the carrier group will be joining with the two frigates already approaching the AO, Navy Command don’t consider this to be an issue.”

“Moving on, in terms of our air and ground forces, the 312th Fighter Wing have already deployed to forward bases in Predice. The 7th and 28th Bomber Wings are on ready alert at their bases in Haor Chall, we expect to forward deploy the 28th to Predice shortly but are waiting for their approval. The 2nd Tactical Bomber Wing and 170th Fighter Wings are also on alert, if required to be forward deployed to Predice as well. I should note that Brigadier-General Beck, our Defence Attache in Predice, has praised the helpfulness of the Predicean military with our arriving forces. There will be a few challenges with integration but we have working communication links with them and for the time being will be working off our own targeting systems, for example.

The two activated brigades of the 6th Airborne Division are in position in Predice and their tactical airlift is also positioned with them and in the process of refuelling ready for operations. Combat engineer units are also in position, but the remainder of the infantry, armour and support formations are still in the process of deploying. Whilst we have had good availability on our strategic lift assets, this is the heaviest use we have ever made of them. Our planning assumptions included the assumption that operations will be over before we had time to deploy armour by sea routes and so the air line of communication is effectively running at maximum capacity, as we also need to move forward ammunition stocks and other supplies. We have also assumed that Predice will be content for our reverse supply chain efforts to be somewhat slower, once operations in Oclusia are completed.

Are there any questions…?”

++Saint Carlo Air Force Base, Predice++

Colonel Patrick Brant couldn’t help but watch a little cautiously as Predicean technicians moved quickly to begin refuelling his F-54 figher. The rest of his Wing had taxied onto the pan and were working through their post-flight checks. Over the other side of the airfield, two large Charrian transport aircraft were being unloaded with the ammunition stocks his fighters might need in coming days. He had to hand it to the Prediceans, they knew what they were doing. Considering the little interaction their two militaries have had before today, they were doing well together which boded well for the future he thought. Although Brant knew the real test would come after today, once the operations into Oclusia began in earnest…

Last edited:
Minsk, Oclusia

Casper Kirk, Prydania's ambassador to Oclusia. looked out of the window. The crowd out front- mostly pro-Oclusian government protesters- was still there, but things seemed fairly calm. They'd shown up to protest Prydania's decision to sanction and condemn the Oclusian government, but thankfully nothing had escalated beyond that.

The embassy itself was in a state of frenzy, because tomorrow was the big day. Prydania was pulling its people out. Everyone was going home, as part of the decision to condemn. Krik was nervous though. Under normal circumstances? Sure. The Oclusians didn't want them there and their own government wanted them home. A tense if orderly withdraw. The issue was...the civilians. Not Prydanian government civilians working in the embassy, no. They'd be fine. It was the Oclusians. Courantists. The Prydanian government had issued secret commands. Any Oclusian Courantist that managed to get to the embassy would be granted a Prydanian passport.

There were relatively few, actually. Saintonge's embassy was the more popular choice. The country was both on the border and Courantist. It made it a natural choice for the dispossessed. Still? A few families- mostly young families- had made it to the Prydanian embassy over the cover of night. Three of them- thirteen people in total with seven of them being children under the age of 13. They had orders. They came with them to Prydania, as Prydanian citizens. Would the Oclusians let them? He calmed himself, telling him they didn't want a war. They wouldn't force the issue.

Amalie Storgaard, Knight Lieutenant of the Knights of the Storm who provided Embassy security, approached him quietly, not wishing to interrupt the Ambassador if he was in deep thought. Krik, however, noticed her approach.

"Knight Lieutenant, are you ready for tomorrow?"

"All set. The route's been mapped out, my Knights have their assignments."

"Good..." Kirk trailed off.
"The families?"

"We're going to keep the children together and under guard. The adults will be given staff badges. They shouldn't be easily recognizable. You know what do if they press you about the children though, yes?"

"Yes" Kirk replied.
"We'll force the issue. No one wants a shooting war."

Storgaard just nodded.
"It'll be sundown soon Ambassador. Get some sleep."

Beaconsviði, Prydania

It had been, since the election, rare for Tobias to sit in on a Cabinet meeting. He was entitled to by law, of course, but he'd been content to let the Prime Minister lead the meetings. He'd wanted to see a return to democratic norms since the end of the Syndicalist regime and that meant allowing the democratically elected government run things without his say. He'd even been relieved. He had only been twenty-two when he was crowned. There was no elected government then. Just a Cabinet he personally picked on William's advice. And without an elected assembly? He needed to decree everything that cabinet had decided on. And they'd looked to him for a say. Not even twenty-three and they were asking him to help run a worn torn country. The return of a democratically elected government and Alþingi had allowed him more time to discover just who he was...

...but these were extraordinary circumstances. So he found himself in the rarely-occupied seat for the King on the far end of the table opposite Magnus' chair in the Cabinet meeting room.

"The situation is tense" Magus began, the Prime Minister rifling through papers.
"The PGU's moving as fast as it can to process information but everyone is in the dark. Brigadier Stahl has reported that the ÖSU is tracking the ever-changing situation."

"You don't think he's actually going to try and assassinate Yermolayevich?" Adriaan Høgh, the Minister of Culture, asked.

"That would be illegal" Magnus replied. "The ÖSU's bylaws state that the Chief cannot issue a warrant of assassination for a sitting head of state without the Cabinet and King's approval."

"Maybe we should let him" Tobias chimed in, breaking his silence. And suddenly he felt a Cabinet's worth of eyes turn to him.

"Your Majesty" Magnus began, "that would be an extraordinary step. The situation is pure chaos at the moment."

"Well what are we planning on doing?"

"That's what we need to discuss Your Majesty" Tom Balle, the Minister of Defence, stated.
"It's been the Ministry's position that boots have been needed in Yalkan since the start of this ordeal. The PGU's in an extended session, and if I know Svane? He's ready to die. But regardless, we've heard some interesting things from Sonny Kofoed."

"Our man in Astissa?" Tobias asked.

"Yes, Your Majesty" Balle continued. He was approached by members of Empress Alycia's government on the possibility of some form of cooperation. It's why we requested you be present for this meeting."

"What sort of cooperation?" Tobias asked nervously.

"The Norsians have suggested a joint task force, Your Majesty" Magnus answered.
"Obviously things aren't in need of too much politicking. The Norsians suggested it. We're open to it. We feel, however, as if you should meet with Empress Alycia and issue a joint statement of sorts as we convene with her government and work out how this will come together."

"You know, most men plan weddings with their fiances" Tobias grumbled.
"I have to say 'honey, how should we best address the gross human rights violations ongoing in a rogue state?'"

"We appreciate the magnitude of what we're asking Your Majesty..." Balle replied before Tobias cut him off.

"No. I'll speak with Alycia" Tobias insisted. "We'll find our way through this."

"There is also the issue of the Geldkrieger" Magus added.
"We know form our reports from the PGU Assembly that Gotmark has threatened to use the Geldkrieger against 'aggressive' actors if they deem it appropriate. We have Geldkrieger in Prydania."

"We lost Daae over Gotmark..." Tobias replied.

"We did Your Majesty. I told him I would not be the one who initiated any split in Prydanian-Gotmark relations. But if Gotmark gets wind of a planned Norsian-Prydanian effort to get boots into Yalkan then I cannot say for certain that they will not threaten to use the Geldkrieger as leverage against us."

Tobias sighed.
"I hope it doesn't come to that but if they do? Remind them of whose country they're in. As guests" Tobias replied, his jaw tightening a bit.
He'd been growing more bold in his willingness to assert Prydanian interests. Alycia had reminded him that his country needing the help it needed did not mean he had to surrender to being a doormat on the world stage. Gotmark had aided Prydania yes...but they couldn't tolerate a foreign force threatening their sovereignty.

"Follow up on Kofoed" Tobias remarked.
"Get in touch with the Norsian government. Make all the arrangements. I'll talk to my fiance."

"Of course Your Majesty" Magnus replied before adjuring the meeting.

Tobias gave himself no time to relax upon returning to Absalonhöll, making a bee line for his private offices. He didn't even remove his sports jacket as he sat, picking up his phone. He dialed into Alycia's personal line and breathed deep, enjoying the brief moment the phone rang to gather as much of his thoughts as he could.

"Hey honey" he said with a faint smile.
"It looks like we've got a lot to do..."

Last edited:
The embassy staff stood still, jaws agape, as they watched the presidential news broadcast in a muted shock. Expressions of outrage began to draw themselves upon many faces - what kind of barbaric, draconian, discriminatory codswallop had the Oclusians created? The absolute disgust of the Xentheridan ambassadors was almost palpable. They had to act - and fast.

Barely a moment passed after the broadcast, the ambassadors got to work - making calls, preparing documents to forge, anything they could to try and get around these horrific new laws. New orders were made to Xentheridan passport printing companies in preparation for the floods of people expected to be incoming to the embassy in search for some sort of relief.

The Xentheridan government harshly condemns the actions of the Oclusian government; this new set of laws is nothing but discriminatory and disgusting and is essentially a massive breach of human rights. Created on the hugely incorrect conclusion from data that could have almost any other variable that would actually impact it, these laws are dangerous and threaten the lives of the 52% of Oclusians who are a part of the Courantist faith.

Xentherida is immediately issuing a no-travel order to Oclusia, suspending all flights to the region, and is immediately calling for all Xentheridan citizens to leave the country immediately, and they will be compensated for their flights. Oclusian Courantists may also seek some assistance from the Xentheridan embassy in putting them in contact with any relatives they have in Xentherida to bring them to safety.

Xentherida will begin freezing all Oclusian assets in Xentherida, and is offering any Courantist Oclusians asylum in Xentherida until a later date when this crisis ends. Six Xentheridan air squadrons, each of 20 of TAI Örns, will be positioned in air bases to the east - it is offering the same courtesy of range to any other nations further afield who wish to operate their fighters within range. Xentherida will also begin positioning its First Carrier Fleet roughly 10 kilometres outside Oclusian territorial waters in preparation, should this conflict continue to escalate.

We hope the government of Oclusia can come to its senses and reverse this despicable discrimination lest this crisis escalate into a full-blown war.

correspondence:
gV4JPit.png

The Pan-Gotic Union condemns the blatant disregard for civil rights and human decency shown by the government of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia. Our alliance is one born of common cultural ties, and these ties remind us of the tragedy that befalls a people who embrace hate and terror against their fellow citizens. We condemn all discriminatory action taken against Oclusia's Courantist population. We condemn the Oclusian state's use of force to detain minors. We condemn the Oclusian state's harassment and detention of foreign nationals legally within their territory. We condemn the Oclusian state's unlawful attack on the sovereign territory of the United Kingdom of Ulstome, a member of our alliance.

The Pan-Gotic Union also levies economic sanctions against the Democratic Republic of Oclusia and announces its intent to send both humanitarian aid and a joint military task force to the member nation Federation of Yalkan to both protect its sovereignty from Oclusian aggression and aid refugees seeking sanctuary within its borders.

cbv35pH.png

Kjeld Svane
Chancellor of the Pan-Gotic Union

Last edited:
Neuanfang Air Force Base,
Northern Essalanea

The airbase was a hive of activity, countless military flights filled the morning sky bound for destinations as far afield as Yalkan and Norsia, on the tarmac 400 men stood at attention in perfect formation. The sight of soldiers was nothing new in Essalanea, ever since the founding of the Luscova pact the presence of foreign soldiers was a ubiquitous sight in the north, but these were not foreign soldiers.

They stood at attention in a perfect square, there green combat fatigues and Skandan assault rifles were immaculate, they could have passed for men from any army at first glance, but then the bone charms, tattoos and engraved rifle stocks revealed them as soldiers of the clans. The men and women of the 1st Northern light infantry, 400 of the best trained and most promising soldiers ever to be instructed by the veterans of Norsia and Predice, they were young and eager to prove themselves on their first deployment.

Several Oswald tanks rumbled past, hand me downs from Andrenne but damned reliable, the official news was that the 1st was shipping to Yalkan as part of the PGU task force, but everyone had heard the rumours that a war was coming, most of the troops secretly relished the prospect of glory and battle. Gaiseric for his part hoped conflict could still be avoided, it was a hope that seemed to dim more with each passing day.

At the far end of the tarmac several large military cargo planes awaited their loading ramps open and ready, several Oswalds had already been loaded onto the planes but it was a decidedly smaller vehicle that now moved towards the transports, a single Predicean CL-2B, the soldiers began to cheer and break ranks to tap the vehicle with their sword for good luck.

'So that is the fabled Stahlbar' Gaiseric thought with an amused grin

Officially it been a gift from Predice to Essalanea's fledgeling military, the first of what promised to be many, but it had taken on a life of its own as it had captured the imagination of the soldiers and mechanics who had never seen a tank before. The cult of the tank had started in kargland and spread to the majority of the nascent clan army, to the men below the so-called 'Stahlbar' was nothing less than a divine being, a herald of Ziu.

It rolled passed the last row of soldiers, its luscova pact emblem catching the sun as it ascended the ramp onto the cargo plane. with the excitement passed it was time to get down to business, Gaiseric waited for the sergeants below to re-assert order over the men before he strode forward on the stage.

'Soldiers of the clans! today we join our allies in the PGU! today we do our part to end the dishonourable slaughter occurring in Oclusia, Sons and Daughters of Ziu and Essalan! today you show the world the value of Essalanean honour! We are not cowards in uniforms who murder unarmed children! WE are the warriors of the steppe! the bearers of Eherenseele! and we shall do our duty no matter the cost!!! Serve Well!' Gaiseric said roaring the last words

Cheers erupted from the soldiers below, men stamped their feet and tapped rifle stocks against the ground in the traditional gesture of approval. The noise died down as several robed men stepped forward leading a tethered goat behind them. The priests of Ziu had arrived to bless the soldiers, they tied the goat in place and the high priest stepped forward with the stump where his right hand had been raised.

'Brothers and Sisters! today we give offering to the lord of the eternal steppe! may this blood we are about to spill appease his wrath and bring fortune to our endeavours' The elderly man said his elderly voice oddly powerful

He drew a blade and with one clean motion slit the goat's throat, it died quickly as the vital fluids flowed from its severed artery. The priests gathered up the blood in wooden bowels and moved through the rows of soldiers sprinkling it on their heads and allowing bondsmen to dip their blades in the still-warm blood.

'Raise your sword hands my kin! today we offer our honour, our lives and our souls up to the lord of the eternal steppe!' the priest said raising his stump once more

Everyone present raised their right hand, swords, fists and rifles were held aloft as the clans offered their sword arms in the traditional gesture of submission to Ziu's will.

'With Ziu's blessing go forth and bring honour to your family, your chieftains and your clans! TRUE TO ESSALAN!!!' The Priest finished his final words echoing across the open tarmac

Men began to cheer their arms raised, feet stamped once more and weapons were raised in maddening cheers, a low chant began and grew louder and more wild with each new intonation.

ziu ZIU ZIU ZIU ZIU ZIU ZIU!!!!!

The sound of planes was soon drowned out by a far greater noise

*Stahlbar translates from Sudengots to mercanti as 'Steel Bear'

OOC Note

Hello all participants of "Our Father". I am honestly so shocked that we have built something so astonishing. However, I have one thing to say further. I just want to apologize for getting carried away and drifting from the main storyline which was a border crisis and persecution. War was not ever part of the plan for this RP and nor were nations mobilizing. The only things that were completely expected were border crisis, condemnations, and maybe even aid for refugees. However, I made extremely crucial mistakes which made this escalate faster than I hoped. This is where I am going to get back on the plotline. I do not want anyone to mobilize troops or get involved in warfare in any way, shape, or form. If you want to aid refugees, be my guest. If you want to help at the border, you have my permission, but you must get Yalkan's as well. However, this has escalated too much and too fast. I also request that anyone who isn't Yalkan or myself, back up from the sequence of events. Yalkan and I will decide what goes and what doesn't. I will also request that you run any post that doesn't fit under condemnations or foreign reactions by Yalkan or myself.

Thank you guys so much for helping Yalkan and I build such a wonderful RP, and we hope that we can keep it swell. I also would like to give a shoutout to Yalkan for keeping his cool while I was off in lalaland doing whatever the hell I was doing.

Yours,

Oclusia

Last edited:
Akachi looked outside the window. He was growing more and more miserable and discouraged by the day. He was cold at night and he was unable to sleep. He had to work all day and he had to be in a cage full of seventeen or so fellow children and two of which were infected with a virus that was either influenza or the common cold. He was miserable in this cage. They were woken up and had to get into lines or else they would all get beat by the guards. That was the last thing he wanted for himself and for the people around him. He walked up to his cellmates. "We can't stay here," he said to them. They each agreed. "The conditions are terrible," another cellmate said. He nodded his head and he got ready to make an escape. Then, a special delivery came. "Blankets!" one person yelled. Immediately, Akachi devised a plan.

He walked up to each and everyone in his unit. "Pack your backpacks. Instead of your work gear, pack your necessities and a blanket. We are making a run for it tomorrow during work and we are going over the mountains," he said. They all looked at him as if he was crazy. "Just trust me," he said, "Those Oclusi Border Patrol agents won't know what happened to us."

Everyone nodded lightly as they scattered out throughout the cell and packed up. Akachi smirked as he packed his backpack at maximum capacity. He put his blanket over his neck. The blanket was soft and felt like cotton. It felt a lot different to the tin foil they once had. Then, there was a voice in the corner. “Akachi, where are you going?” He turned his head and he was shocked at the sight that he saw. “Anne?” he was taken aback. The next thing he knows she has her arms foiled around him. “What happened?” Akachi asked. “Bella is wounded and mom is dead,” she said. Akachi furrowed his brow. He then told her the plan of escape. She pulled up her backpack and got near the door. Everyone lined up near the door ready to break it down. “On three, guys…” he said quietly, “One,” the people around him got set. The place was about to break down. They pressed against the door. “Two,” the cellmates with him pressed their bodies against the gate once more. “Three!” they broke it down and they made a run for the door.

As soon as they got out, they ran for the fence that separated Oclusia and Yalkan. They climbed the fence one by one across the wall as well as helping each other get their stuff across. Then, when the last person wanted to try to climb across, guards came out and tried to pull him down. Akachi shook his head and went over the fence and punched back the guards. They each fell back as Akachi helped the seven-year-old over the fence before he came across. “Go! Go! Go!” he yelled. As they sprinted for the mountains. The Oclusi guards just looked at them as they ran. Gunshots filled the night sky, but luckily, nobody was hit. They felt the beginning of the mountain range. “We must climb the Spine of Mojabe,” Akachi yelled, “This is only the beginning of our journey.”

President Yermolayevich paced his office. He had a beer bottle in hand. He looked around carefully before he noticed his wife walking through the door. She bowed at his presence. "Master, I have brought you a water," she said. Yermolayevich pulled out his whip. "Thank you, slave," he said. He pulled out the whip and flashed it in his hands. "Bitch, you deserve all of this," he said. He picked up his glass of hot, boiled water and poured it on her. She screamed in pain as she went onto the floor. He pulled out his whip. "Take it!" he yelled as he started to mercilessly beat her. She winced in pain when he stopped. She started to cry. "Is a little baby scared?" he mocked. He pulled out a shotgun from his closet. "I can fix that shit right away..." he smirked. Then, he heard a loud bang from outside. He looked out the window to saw a coalition of people. They each had flags that read, "Freedom toward the Oclusi People". Yermolayevich cursed himself and tended to his wife. He put down the shotgun and tied her up to a chair. He smirked. "This is what you deserve, bitch," he shouted. He took the chair and threw it outside of his room. He took the back route of escape.

He found his way outside in the back garden and heard a sound from the fields. It was a helicopter. He ran from it and headed back towards the house. Yermolayevich had never run that fast in his life. He stumbled and fell on his face as the helicopter got slower and started to lower. He pulled out a handgun from his pocket and started to discharge at the people in the helicopter. Then, he saw the flag on the helicopter. "Is that a Highton helicopter?" he asked aloud. Then, the people came down from the helicopter. "We're back, motherfucker!" he yelled as he aimed sniper rifle at him. PKEWWFFFFF! Silence followed from the yard as the coalition forces paused in silence to look at the shot.

WT3l3Kv.png

0fU8NRR.png

OCLUSI PRESIDENT KILLED IN ALLEGED COUP; REFORMS TO OCLUSIA BEING CREATED

Opinion by Jacques Gustave and Marcella Lindela

Updated 6:52 PM NMTZ, Wed October 12, 2019

LsOudxi.png

Editor's Note: Jacques Gustave is a Political Science Director at the University of Astratov's School of Politics in Oclusia. While in government, he served in multiple roles, including senior director for counterterrorism on the Tyzkavicz Administration's National Security Council from 1997 to 2001. Marcella Lindela is a graduate student at the Minsk School of Politics and Economics. The views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect the official policy or position of any entity of importance.

(Minsk, Oclusia) - Last night was a night of celebration around the world. Meterra's biggest disgrace, Oclusi President Yermolayevich, was killed in severe gunfire from the Presidential House Guardians and the Resistance Movement known as RIOT (Revolutionary Interior Oclusi Team), a group made up of Oclusi Politicians that were against the laws passed by Yermolayevich, a group of military soldiers that were against him, a number of Orthodox, and an even bigger number of Courantists that were persecuted before. The last known sighting of Yermolayevich was when he was lying on the floor decedent from the gunfire exchanged.

Following Yermolayevich's death, several new key factors of the rebuilding of Oclusia are emerging. The first of many is that the main leader of the coup, Tatarov Yuliy, the former senior advisor of President Yermolayevich, is taking charge of the Oclusi Democratic Republic for the time being until the make-up election is able to be accommodated in the state. The second one is that the Congress that was put under the Yermolayevich Administration and was able to legalize the laws has been released from duty on orders of President Yuliy. "A disgrace shall not be held to create laws in our nation. A new congress has been decided," he [Yuliy] says

Another important determinant part of the rebuild of Oclusia is that a new bill to repeal the laws that Yermolayevich and his regime set into effect. President Yuliy himself was in the room of the new congress as the laws were being put into draft. The laws should be passed within a range of three days if deemed legal from the Oclusi government. A small amount was able to be disclosed by the ENN.

Clause III: When Advanced

Demanding that Oclusi that are detained at the border shall be released and sent home to their families
Appeals the laws set by Yermolayevich that include:
  • The curfew set upon Courantists
  • Businesses shall not be labeled
  • Monthly Checkups are deemed illegal and unconstitutional
Declares accordingly that the Oclusi Government the Midranean Tourists' families ü¢1.5 million as well as releasing those left alive as well as paying the Midranean Government ü¢2.5 million as further compensation

As far as ENN knows, the Oclusi former Congress has been placed upon Supreme Court Trial and dates are to be determined. The new Oclusi government will serve up to 2020 unless reelected. Oclusia has also reportedly burned up the body of Yermolayevich and the military plans on dropping the ashes of him into the middle of the ocean off the coasts of Yalkan and Oclusia. Reportedly, the military did not have a proper service towards the fallen leader before dismembering the bag of the ashes.

More as this Develops

gSCCX6R.png

L'Indépendant > Mercanti > Top Stories

Oclusi President Yermolayevich assassinated in coup
Situation for refugees seen to improve

by Marie-Catherine Landrin-Blanquart in Saintes and Anneliese Kromschröder-Beauguitte in Minsk
MINSK – Yesterday, the President of the Democratic Republic of Oclusia, Lyovkin Yermolayevich, was said to have been assassinated in a coup d’etat executed by internal forces reportedly composed of a military faction, some Orthodox groups, and Courantists.

Former adviser at the helm
After the chaos that followed the successful assault at the Presidential House in Minsk, Tatarov Yuliy, a dismissed ex-adviser in the Yermolayevich government, emerged as the leader of the new government. The Tatarov government promised to repeal the discriminatory anti-Courantist laws, free prisoners, and provide compensation to victims of the Yermolayevich regime.

Saintonge recognises new government
Minister of Foreign Affairs Marcelline Tréhet announced the recognition of the Tatarov government earlier today. “The Kingdom of Saintonge is willing to work with the new Oclusi government in order to rebuild and heal their nation.” Ms Tréhet added that “the Kingdom of Saintonge wishes our neighbours well in their new phase of nation-building and hopefully, democracy-building.”

However, unverified information from Minsk indicated that foreign powers might have a hand in toppling the Yermolayevich government, particularly Highton, the former colonial master of Oclusia. When asked about it, Ms Tréhet said that “We have no credible and reliable information about the involvement of foreign nations in the coup d’etat. Our hope is that all nations choosing to involve themselves in Oclusia will do so in a humanitarian and benevolent spirit, not with imperialist or neocolonialist intent.”

Oclusi celebrate
Oclusi refugees celebrated with a street party in front of their nation’s embassy in Rue de Grimali. The Oclusi ambassador to Saintonge opened his embassy for the party. The Ambassador ditched the Yermolayevich government in the waning days of the regime; the Oclusi legation in Saintes was also one of the first ones to swear allegiance to the new Tatarov government.

“Finally, things are going to get better,” said Kirill Kovyrshin, a Courantist refugee who arrived by boat in Cantorbéry last week. “Saintonge had been kind to us.” When asked whether he plans to return, Kovyrshin said that he was still undecided. “It’s good here in Saintonge, but there’s no place like home.”

Tallies released
As of the last count released by the Santonian Bureau of Immigration and Integration (Agence d’immigration et d’intégration, AII), Saintonge had received 33,227 refugees. The departments which received the most were Côtes-du-Nord (10,362), Authie (5,738), Sebre (4,322), Sée (2,001), and Tage (1,119). Currently, one in every hundred persons in Côtes-du-Nord are Oclusi refugees, although the AII is set to redistribute these refugees to the other departments. Ms Tréhet, who represents a Côtes-du-Nord constituency in the National Assembly, said that “even though my department and constituency host the largest number of refugees, we are not going to drive them back simply because the Yermolayevich regime has fallen.”

The Justice Ministry, in charge of the AII, confirmed Ms Tréhet’s statements. Justice Minister Brice-Thibault Bardoux de Rosencoat, who represents the Sée department (also hard-hit by the refugee crisis), said that “the refugees’ asylum-seeker status will not be revoked. They will be given a choice to stay or go back to Oclusia.”

Meanwhile, the Santonian Civil Defence Service (Service saintongeaise de defense civile, SSDC) confirmed that the known deaths from the refugee crisis is at 2,793. Most of the dead were recovered at sea (1,186); at the beaches of Côtes-du-Nord (754), Authie (301), Sée (71); and in the mountains of Sebre (133), Hautes-Andes (65), Huisne (53), Aure (40), Taur (32), Basses-Andes (30), and Avaloirs (26). According to the SSDC, the Service de sciences judiciaires et de médecine légale (SSJML), the country’s forensic service, had documented and processed the bodies for identification before burial. Repatriation and claiming of the remains by the next-of-kin will be possible.

translation by Hunter Kidlington de Collobrières

OOC: Post pre-approved with Oclusia.

Last edited:
9UxfONH.png

Statement from the Department of Foreign Relations and Trade in Mondari
Upon the death of the late President of Oclusia, Lyovkin Yermolayevich, along with the soon to come repeal of the utterly disgraceful laws passed by his administration, the Mondic Travel and Tourism Board has lowered the travel advisory of Oclusia to a level 2 (Exercise Increased Precautions), the Mondic Department of Defense has also lowered the readiness condition to level 2. The release of the Mondic citizens and the reparations paid are a good first step to mending the damage caused by the past administration that we hope continues, the [past] administration has certainly harmed Oclusia both politically and internationally, the hope is that this new administration does all it can to rebuild the trust that was lost in the recent months. While many in Sudo are still aggravated by the murder of [Mondic] citizens, we understand that it was done by a deposed administration. Many in Congress want the politicians that supported Yermolayevich out of office, we believe that this new administration will do its best to remove any influence Yermolayevich left behind despite his death. In the coming times, we hope that Oclusia reaches out to the international community to work towards fixing relations and righting the wrongs done to the Oclusian Courantist community.
Jackson Campbell
Secretary of Foreign Relations and Trade in the RM

Last edited:
The group made their way down the mountain and into the first town near the border. Akachi stopped the group making sure all people in their group were accounted for. "Shit..." he mumbled. "Stay right here," he told the group as he ran back up the mountain to find Annelies. He was halfway up before he started to call for her. "Anne!" he shouted. "Anne!" he shouted again. "Anne!" he shouted once more. He whipped his head around and saw Anne on the ground clearly in pain. She was clutching her ankle. He slid next to her and wrapped her into a long and strong embrace. She started to tear up. She dug her head into his shoulder and Akachi comforted her as much as he could. He kissed her forehead and moved some of her hair to the side of her face. "What's wrong, Anne?"

She didn't speak at all. She just clutched her ankle. Akachi grabbed some tape from his pocket that he had kept handy. He didn't know that it had been there until he had noticed it when he climbed the border. He wrapped Anne's ankle until he was able to make layers of the tape around it. He cut it off and put it back in his pocket and they both emerged to their feet. Anne squawked in agony and hunkered on a stone. Akachi was concerned, but he picked her up bridal-styled and carried her down the mountain that way. She caressed his cheek as he carried her down. As soon as he got to the bottom, he had someone carry his rucksack for him as he was carrying Anne.

The group started to walk yet again and they had reached a small resting space across the mountain. They lay down their blankets and decided to stick there for the night. They put the blankets together and they all lie down next to each other. Akachi got up and decided to go out to find food. "Stay here, guys. I will be back," he declared before he left out into the woods. The rest of the group fell into a deep sleep. They let the breeze cover them before they huddled closer together. They knew that they would be marching into a borough the next day.

Back