Legal nerd
-
TNP Nation
Dinoium
sG8YGQy.png
Regional Assembly Highlights September 2019
by Dinoium, Legislative Correspondent
xvR2E0m.png

The North Pacific asking what happened to its flag in the Legal Code.

Speaker: GorunduNS
Deputy Speakers: DarcaniaNS
YukkiraNS

VOTING TABLE
EMERGENCY FLAG BILL
Summary of the bill
Due to Tinypic™ shutting down, our flag and coat of arms ended up becoming this image. Deputy Speaker Darcania immediately proposed reverting the images back to their previous conditions.
Goals of the bill
1. Amending the Flag code to revert the Flag and CoA back to its previous status.
Critism of the bill
The bill surprisingly has little criticism other than jokes about opposing and the question of allowing the Speaker to update the flag in the future in case of file deletion.
Vote tallot
Aye
Xentherida
QuietDad
Great Bights Mum
Zaz
Pallaith
Sil Dorsett
Brendog
Siwale
Malphe
mcmasterdonia
BluieGamer
Dinoium
Syrixia
Artemis
Sanjurika
Drusselstein
Eluvatar
El Fiji Grande
Praetor
St George
Dreadton
Darcania
Scottie
Scorch
Gorundu
Trondstorm
Fregerson
Ali nakhjavani
The Federalist
Wonderess
Kaschovia
Krevt
r3naissanc3r
Yukkira

Nay
Yalkan
Vapia
Lady Raven Wing

Abstain
Lord Lore

THE VEXILLUM BILLUM
Summary of the bill
After years of the same year and due to people begging the question of using the coat of arms on a flag is illegal, Deputy Speaker Darcania and Culture Minister Prydania proposed a new flag.
Goals of the bill
1. Amending the flag to this.
Critism of the bill
Many people resisted the change simply because of stubbornness and preferring he current flag over the new proposed one.
Vote tallot
Aye
Xentherida
Great Bights Mum
Goyanes
Prydania
Lotion
BluieGamer
Dinoium
Syrixia
Bobberino
St George
Islands of Tonga
Yalkan
Dreadton
Darcania
Scottie
Trondstorm
Lady Raven WIng
Ali nakhjavani
Wonderess

Nay
QuietDad
Zaz
Owenstacey
Pallaith
Sil Dorsett
Crushing Our Enemies
Brendog
abc
Siwale
Aerilia
Malphe
mcmasterdonia
Sanjurika
Bootsie
Eluvatar
El Fiji Grande
Praetor
Haor Chall
Pasargad
Wilkshire
Vapia
plembobria
Robespierre
Gorundu
Illderia
mikim
Inven
Kaschovia

Abstain
Artemis
ACR of Deerfenland
Fregerson
DISCUSSION TABLE
PEACE TERMS ACCEPTANCE AMENDMENT
Summary of the bill
A newcomer Citizen named IkeaRike saw that there was a loophole in our current laws about accepting peace, so he proposed an amendment to fix this.
Goal of the bill
1. Amends Clause 6.4, Clause 18 of the Legal Code to state that a state of war exists until formal peace treaty, surrender terms, or similar is 2/3rd approved by the Regional Assembly.
Critism of the bill
Many people see the term "or similar" as too vague, and many people complain about making it 2/3rd instead of the simple 50%+1.
THE BETTER BANNER BILL
Summary of the bill
Due to confusion of when the CoA is authorized to be used, former Vice Delegate Bootsie proposed fixing the issue.
Goal of the bill
1. Repealing Section 10.1.5 of the Legal Code because of issues when CoA can be used.
Critism of the bill
People think the CoA should remain a Government-only thing, and even Bootsie has had some difficulty arguing when for the bill due to the many loopholes that exist.
FOI REFORM ACT
Summary of the bill
Former Speaker ABC proposed a bill to amend the current Freedom of Information system.
Goal of the bill
1. All governmental archives, both from the Executive staff and Speaker office and on both Discord and the Forums, must be released within 30 days after a year it has been posted or made.
Critism of the bill
Tons of people are against it because of ABC's intentions and the complications of doing it.
DISCARDED BILLS
REGIONAL ASSEMBLY MODERATION
Summary of the bill
A newcomer Citizen named Adom Jersey proposed a bill which in the end due to spam and unnecessary, was locked.
Goal of the bill
1. Increase the number of members in all of The North Pacific's "departments", whether it be executive, security, home affairs, etc..
Critism of the bill
It was honestly silly. There was no way to increase the population of our Ministries and there is no "Security Department". In the end, Deputy Attorney General Dinoium requested for it to be locked and was locked by the Speaker.

Last edited:
I removed the mention of plagiarism regarding the Vexilium Billum and replaced it with the fact that people weren’t new to change. I also updated it to include the Emergency Flag Bill’s vote count.

Coded version, for reference:
Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/sG8YGQy.png[/IMG][SIZE=7]Regional Assembly Highlights September 2019[/SIZE]
[RIGHT][I]by Dinoium, Legislative Correspondent[/I][/RIGHT]
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/xvR2E0m.png[/IMG]
[I]The North Pacific asking what happened to its flag in the Legal Code.[/I]

[B]Speaker:[/B] [URL='https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/profile/5061448/']Gorundu[/URL][sup][URL='http://nationstates.net/nation=Gorundu']NS[/URL][/sup]
[B]Deputy Speakers:[/B] [URL='https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/profile/3268033/']Darcania[/URL][sup][URL='http://nationstates.net/nation=Darcania']NS[/URL][/sup]
[URL='https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/profile/5020911/']Yukkira[/URL][sup][URL='http://nationstates.net/nation=Darcania']NS[/URL][/sup]

[SIZE=7][B]VOTING TABLE[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][B]EMERGENCY FLAG BILL[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][I]Summary of the bill[/I][/SIZE]
Due to Tinypic™ shutting down, our flag and coat of arms ended up becoming [URL='http://tinypic.com/images/goodbye.jpg']this[/URL] image. Deputy Speaker Darcania immediately proposed reverting the images back to their previous conditions.
[SIZE=4][I]Goals of the bill[/I][/SIZE]
1. Amending the Flag code to revert the Flag and CoA back to its previous status.
[SIZE=4][I]Critism of the bill[/I][/SIZE]
The bill surprisingly has little criticism other than jokes about opposing and the question of allowing the Speaker to update the flag in the future in case of file deletion.
[SIZE=4][I]Vote tallot[/I][/SIZE]
[spoiler]
[B][COLOR=green]Aye[/COLOR][/B]
Xentherida
QuietDad
Great Bights Mum
Zaz
Pallaith
Sil Dorsett
Brendog
Siwale
Malphe
mcmasterdonia
BluieGamer
Dinoium
Syrixia
Artemis
Sanjurika
Drusselstein
Eluvatar
El Fiji Grande
Praetor
St George
Dreadton
Darcania
Scottie
Scorch
Gorundu
Trondstorm
Fregerson
Ali nakhjavani
The Federalist
Wonderess
Kaschovia
Krevt
r3naissanc3r
Yukkira

[B][COLOR=red]Nay[/COLOR][/B]
Yalkan
Vapia
Lady Raven Wing

[B]Abstain[/B]
Lord Lore
[/spoiler]

[SIZE=5][B]THE VEXILLUM BILLUM[/B][/SIZE]
After years of the same year and due to people begging the question of using the coat of arms on a flag is illegal, Deputy Speaker Darcania and Culture Minister Prydania proposed a new flag.
[SIZE=4][I]Goals of the bill[/I][/SIZE]
1. Amending the flag to [URL='https://i.imgur.com/Tck0Lt0.png']this[/URL].
Many people resisted the change simply because of stubbornness and preferring he current flag over the new proposed one.
[SIZE=4][I]Vote tallot[/I][/SIZE]
[spoiler]
[COLOR=green][B]Aye[/B][/COLOR]
Xentherida
Great Bights Mum
Goyanes
Prydania
Lotion
BluieGamer
Dinoium
Syrixia
Bobberino
St George
Islands of Tonga
Yalkan
Dreadton
Darcania
Scottie
Trondstorm
Lady Raven WIng
Ali nakhjavani
Wonderess

[COLOR=red][B]Nay[/B][/COLOR]
QuietDad
Zaz
Owenstacey
Pallaith
Sil Dorsett
Crushing Our Enemies
Brendog
abc
Siwale
Aerilia
Malphe
mcmasterdonia
Sanjurika
Bootsie
Eluvatar
El Fiji Grande
Praetor
Haor Chall
Pasargad
Wilkshire
Vapia
plembobria
Robespierre
Gorundu
Illderia
mikim
Inven
Kaschovia

[B]Abstain[/B]
Artemis
ACR of Deerfenland
Fregerson[/spoiler]
[SIZE=7][B]DISCUSSION TABLE[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][B]PEACE TERMS ACCEPTANCE AMENDMENT[/B][/SIZE]
A newcomer Citizen named IkeaRike saw that there was a loophole in our current laws about accepting peace, so he proposed an amendment to fix this.
[SIZE=4][I]Goal of the bill[/I][/SIZE]
1. Amends Clause 6.4, Clause 18 of the Legal Code to state that a state of war exists until formal peace treaty, surrender terms, or similar is 2/3rd approved by the Regional Assembly.
Many people see the term "or similar" as too vague, and many people complain about making it 2/3rd instead of the simple 50%+1.
[SIZE=5][B]THE BETTER BANNER BILL[/B][/SIZE]
Due to confusion of when the CoA is authorized to be used, former Vice Delegate Bootsie proposed fixing the issue.
1. Repealing Section 10.1.5 of the Legal Code because of issues when CoA can be used.
People think the CoA should remain a Government-only thing, and even Bootsie has had some difficulty arguing when for the bill due to the many loopholes that exist.
[SIZE=5][B]FOI REFORM ACT[/B][/SIZE]
Former Speaker ABC proposed a bill to amend the current Freedom of Information system.
1. All governmental archives, both from the Executive staff and Speaker office and on both Discord and the Forums, must be released within 30 days after a year it has been posted or made.
Tons of people are against it because of ABC's intentions and the complications of doing it.
[SIZE=7][B]DISCARDED BILLS[/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][B]REGIONAL ASSEMBLY MODERATION[/B][/SIZE]
A newcomer Citizen named Adom Jersey proposed a bill which in the end due to spam and unnecessary, was locked.
1. Increase the number of members in all of The North Pacific's "departments", whether it be executive, security, home affairs, etc..
It was honestly silly. There was no way to increase the population of our Ministries and there is no "Security Department". In the end, Deputy Attorney General Dinoium requested for it to be locked and was locked by the Speaker.
[/CENTER]
[h][/h]

Back