question about citizenship

RogueFive

Registered
Fellow residents of the North Pacific,

I was recently informed by Sundred that my citizenship had lapsed for failing to post within the last 30 days.
Now I am returning to NS after many years of absence and I am still familiarizing myself with all the changes that have occurred; at the same time I wasn't a resident of TNP before so I'm also still getting to know the regional customs. (Not to speak of the simultaneous challenges of RealLife).

I am a firm believer of "better to be silent and to be thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt". Despite me taking the oath of citizenship, I felt not yet knowledgeable enough and that I had nothing of value to contribute (yet). However this arbitrary 30 days rule struck me as odd: so any post would have "saved" my citizenship? The citizenship values fluff or noise over content? In the spirit of the citizenship it is better to waste everybody's time and bandwidth than to be considerate?

If that is indeed the case, then my citizenship was truly premature.
Looking forward to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Best Regards,
R5

Hi @RogueFive, TNP is pretty open about who we give citizenship to and we value contributions from newer members. Our new Speaker has only been in the region for a couple of months.

We also recognize individuals may have different interests in TNP, whether that be our Cards programs, the North Pacific Army, the Executive Staff, etc. and may not always be interested in legislation but still be interested in elections.

The reason that we have a mandate of posting every so often on either the forum or on the RMB (and any content so long as it is a post) is to demonstrate activity in TNP which cannot be automated. Nations are able to be maintained by an auto-login script which would make it easier for nations without much interest in our region to influence our elections on important issues.

I do urge you to reapply for citizenship :)

We have also expanded where your post can occure. Post on the RMB and the fourms count. Personally, Nationstates is generally more enjoyable when you interact with others here.

Back