[Thel] Meeting of the clans

Rex shifted uncomfortably in his seat. His day had been long and he was starting to grow restless, he had started attending to his duties at sunrise but on the horizon the sun could be seen beginning to set. He had poured over books and been responding to messages sent to him throughout the day. Now he was doing all he could to try and keep his attention on the two people who stood before him, both where making an awful ruckus as they shouted at one another all the while pleading for him to side with them in their dispute. Their dispute was boring and a complete waste of his time Rex was thinking to himself as he listened to them, he listened not by choice but by his duty, he would of liked nothing more than to sit with his family and eat but he could not leave his obligations. The dispute before him was nothing major, from what he had gathered from listening to their continuous arguing was that their homes neighboured one another just outside the Capital and so were accusing the other of encroaching on a small patch of land that laid between their homes. Unable to settle it between themselves they had come to him in the hopes that Rex would side with them.

As they continued to argue Rex was no longer able to put up with it. Steadily rising from his seat to draw their attention to him, "Silence" he ordered and almost immediately they both stopped their arguing "I have heard you squabble and argue like children for some time now, you both accuse the other of encroaching on this piece of land claiming it to be yours. I have listened to what both of you have had to say and I have made my decision! You will split the land, half and half between the both of you, the city guard will see its done properly and fairly. That is my decision!" He waved to his guards, a signal to show them out. Not caring if there would be any disagreements with his decision he sat back down on his seat and turned his attention to look out of a window.

Back