LRW For Attorney General - Thus I Pledge to Thee That I Shall Exist

Lord Dominator

Citizen
-
-
Hello to you, TNP and citizens thereof.

I am 'Lady Raven Wing' (more commonly known as 'Lord Dominator' in the wider NS world), and I am here today to ask that you vote for me in the upcoming general election, in which I am running for the position of Attorney General.

Usually I am known to a degree for my World Assembly activities, and in the context of TNP for my 'joke' campaigns. Thus, the 'joke' (so to speak) for this campaign for Attorney General is that I, a relative newcomer to TNP, can be one of only two candidates for the position, with my present singular opponent being even newer to the region than I am.

And with that, I give you my campaign pledges:
1) To exist and be active in pursuing the duties of the Attorney General should the need for such activity arise during my prospective term.
2) To pose any legal questions to the Court that I should think of.
3) To, in the event of a trial, to seek justice as be needed.

And with such, I ask for your votes come election, and for any questions that you may have.

Did you leak information from the private halls to Altino?
When Praetor created the now-infamous Buzzfeed quiz of Cormac quotes, I found it amusing and linked the quiz itself to a group NS friends, Altino included, under the mistaken belief that they would also find it amusing. Subsequent to the furor that came about, I apologized privately to Praetor as the most affected party and attempted to tamp down the reaction from the other portions of said friend group.

So, to actually answer your question, if sharing a Buzzfeed quiz link qualifies as 'leaking information,' then yes; and if not, then no.

Also, harder hitting question than I expected :blink:

Should you be elected, how do you see yourself handling the obvious conflict of interest arising from having to prosecute yourself for espionage?

Do you support abolishing the office of Attorney General?

Do you support abolishing the office of Attorney General?
So far as I've seen, the office itself isn't used terribly often. On the other hand, it's also not really harming anything by existing.

Really, I probably support abolishing it, but not to a large degree - I don't really care either way.

What, if anything, could make it a crime for me to campaign for someone who isn't running?

Anything I could do to make sure it wasn't a crime?

If an underaged person made a forum account, got banned, then made more to circumvent the ban, will you prosecute the person?

Assume the following:

While RPing on the RMB, a post was suppressed and the poster banjected from the region. The Poster requested that he AG look into this and a R4R be submitted to the court.

Question 1: Is this an Issue for the AG?
Question 2: Assuming the answer to Question 1 is yes. What would you do to investigate the issue?

Should you be elected, how do you see yourself handling the obvious conflict of interest arising from having to prosecute yourself for espionage?
Per the Legal Code, specifically sections 7.4.24 (list of individuals who can not manage the prosecution) & 7.4.31 (definitions of what it means to manage the prosecution), I would not be able to manage the prosecution as I would be the defendant in question. As such, it falls to the Serving Delegate to appoint a deputy AG to manage the prosecution if they so chose (7.4.25), and since there is currently no deputy AG (at least as listed on the lists of government officials) it would fall either to the Serving Delegate, serving VD, or any citizen consensually chosen by the complainant (7.4.26), in that order.

To your presumable question of what I would do to manage conflict of interest on the personal rather than legal level, I would avoid any particular 'campaigning' (so to speak) regarding the outcome (as anyone should do when on trial), and try to have a defense attorney instead of my natural inclination to do it myself, so as to avoid any potential influence on the trial outcome that my hypothetical position as AG could have (I don't believe it would have any, but better safe than sorry).

What, if anything, could make it a crime for me to campaign for someone who isn't running?
The only thing I can see that would make it a crime is if you were to campaign in a manner that says said individual is in fact running, which would be election fraud (Legal Code, 1.3.11).
Thus, as far I can tell all you would need to do is make it clear that the individual you are campaigning for is not in fact running.

If an underaged person made a forum account, got banned, then made more to circumvent the ban, will you prosecute the person?
I find the opinion here regarding the only other occurrence of such an issue that I could reasonably find to be a persuasive argument (as did evidently Attorney General Goyanes at the time) as to why such a prosecution should not occur. As such, no I would not prosecute them.

Assume the following:

While RPing on the RMB, a post was suppressed and the poster banjected from the region. The Poster requested that he AG look into this and a R4R be submitted to the court.

Question 1: Is this an Issue for the AG?
Question 2: Assuming the answer to Question 1 is yes. What would you do to investigate the issue?
Presuming that the hypothetical is strictly of a Poster and one post, with no other legal issues involved:
1a) It would be an issue for the AG if the post in question is not adspam, which is the only reasonably relevant crime in which banjection would be a punishment Legal Code 2.6). If it is, then it would not be a matter for the AG. If it is not adspam, then it would be.
1b) The R4R as requested by the hypothetical poster needn't be a matter for the AG, as any member may submit one (Court rules 2.1).
2) Prior to determining if the issue is in fact a matter for the AG, I would determine if the post in question is adspam prohibited by the Delegate. Other than that, the only research that I can think of that would be needed if it were not adspam is to determine any potential legal issues that would have resulted in banjections (crashing/phishing/spamming, proxying and potentially conspiracy to commit any of those) and anything given as reasoning by the individual who banjected the Poster as reasoning for why they did so.

The only thing I can see that would make it a crime is if you were to campaign in a manner that says said individual is in fact running, which would be election fraud (Legal Code, 1.3.11).
Thus, as far I can tell all you would need to do is make it clear that the individual you are campaigning for is not in fact running.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Back