End of the Line (solo) (single) (non-canon)

Prydania

Það er alltaf sólríkt í Býkonsviði
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
16 September 7000002019
5:27 pm
who the hell knows what day it is
The barren, rocky shores of what was Beaconsviði, Prydania

The red surface of the star Jua, Eras' sun, was reflected in Jørn Stöðuvatn's sunglasses. He sat down on a cheap-looking lawn chair and propped his feet up on a rock as the ocean boiled before him.

"Last one...well not quite" he smirked as he looked to his side to a loan reddish coloured crab. Some of the last complex lifeforms left. Aside from him.

"I could have left you know" Jørn chuckled, talking to the crab.
"I had options. It just didn't feel right though. You know?" he shrugged. "It was always about this world. That's what they said when I was uplifted. Oh that was a while ago" he laughed.

He reached down and picked up an unopened bottle of brennivín. The last one in the world. He didn't dare say in existence.
"Who knows, they may still be making the stuff up there" he pondered as he looked up at the stars beyond the red giant's imposing body.

He cracked the cap off the bottle and began to drink before turning to look at the crab looking up at him.
"Hey, it's the end of the world. Don't judge, I'll drink from the bottle if I want."

The star was growing larger, taking up more space on the horizon.
"Here's to Eras" he remarked, holding the bottle up to the star.
"To Æschere, Hróarr, Kaldor...not the best move spiritually Kal, but I forgive ya, and to Vortgyn...both actually, I's grandson never got the appreciation he deserved, to all the Richards and Roberts, yes even you VI...Tobias, Baldr, oh hell. The whole lot of ya. You were stubborn, frustrating, and damn near impossible, but if I had to be tethered to anyone? I'm glad it was your lot. And not just you. This whole world."
He took another sip before looking up again.

"And if any of you are still out there, for the love of humanity. Keep being better."

He held the bottle up in a toast before sipping once last time and setting it down. The heat and gravity...he could feel it. The star's expansion was swallowing the world.
"You and me crabby" he chuckled.

"Goodbye."

It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by R.E.M., 4:06

Last edited:
Back