World Assembly Digest
by Gorundu, World Assembly Correspondent
YnLYZLb.jpg

General Assembly
Improving the world one resolution at a time

Preventing Unjust Warfare

Delegate's vote: Against
Final vote (World): For - 2917; Against - 10106
Final vote (TNP): For - 84; Against - 411; Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.73%
Recommendation: The proposal, while well meaning, is hampered by various holes and unachievable standards. Namely, Clause 2.1.1 relies on 'undeniable and concrete evidence' which is not easily obtainable if possible at all, especially in situations where bad faith and third party actors are excepted to be involved but proof is not totally present. Additionally, clause 2.1.3 appears to be miswritten as it never fully clarifies that nondomestic forces engaging the local nonstate actor would be required to satisfy this however domestic forces engaging on a local nonstate actor would not need to satisfy this requirement as it would not be transnational. Furthermore, clause 2.3 becomes problematic as a nation's predictions may not reflect reality and the results of a transnational conflict can vary greatly between predicted result and actual result, especially in scenarios where a multitude of factors for this decision are unknown or only generally specified.

In accordance with the above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Treatment of the Deceased

Final vote (World): For - 1280; Against - 11426
Final vote (TNP): For - 47; Against - 449; Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.72%
Recommendation: Treatment of the Deceased, while well meaning, falls victim to its own poorly worded and vague clauses. This proposal requires the previous consent of the deceased to perform various actions in order to exempt them from 'grave molestation'. This becomes problematic if the death is sudden or the record of now deceased granting and denying these permissions is lost. The proposal also requires member nations to protect graves until the point of decay 'to the fullest possible extent from molestation' that could span well over a decade (at the very least), and would impose unreasonable requirements on member nations in order to comply. Finally, the proposal attempts to accommodate for religious and cultural beliefs but then requires the now deceased to have requested it and then prevents anything that violates Clause 1 and 4, thus defeating the whole point of this clause to begin with.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Reducing Food Waste

Delegate's vote: For
Final vote (World): For - 11161; Against - 1902
Final vote (TNP): For - 466; Against - 42; Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.24%
Recommendation: This proposal attempts to address the wasting of food and how citizens of WA member nations can better handle their leftovers. The proposal addresses various aspect of this in requiring food producers to minimize waste, recycling compost into agriculture, and expanding the duties and abilities of the International Food Wellfare Orgaization. A few concerns involved with this resolution include the lack of specific language that leaves a lot of the proposal up to interpretation and provides vague mandates. Furthermore, the proposal ignores the fact that food safety and standards do contribute to a large portion of food waste despite it being a net positive. In conclusion, this proposal generally promotes the sensible use of food and prevention of food waste that leaves openings to be expanded upon by more specific resoluitions.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

MSkSvav.jpg

Security Council
Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary

Condemn Kyrusia

Final vote (World): For - 1516; Against - 10818
Final vote (TNP): For - 45; Against - 421; Percentage of WA nations voting: 36.46%
Recommendation: The proposed condemnation of Kyrusia is fundamentally lacking. This is primarily due to the rushed drafting process which did not allow for the following issues to be properly dealt with. Primarily, this proposal seems to brush over and totally exclude a very large amount of relevant content to this condemnation. When asked, the author claimed that they wanted this proposal to be light-hearted, which is perfectly fine in theory, but ultimately harms the execution of this proposal for such a deserving target.

Due to the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Condemn The New Inquisition

Final vote (World): For - 8440; Against - 4736
Final vote (TNP): For - 282; Against - 208; Percentage of WA nations voting: 37.63%
Recommendation: TNP has a demonstrated history of opposing the condemnation of The New Inquisition, specifically during the most recent previous attempt at condemning TNI occurred in 2015 where effectively the same reasoning and text was used to justify the condemnation. While the proposal is fundamentally well drafted, TNP and TNI have developed strong relations and worked productively on many military operations since the acts of TNI mentioned in this proposal. This includes the 2015 defense of Stargate (historically a very close ally of TNP which TNI had no stake in), the invasion and refounding of Nazi Europe in which TNI and TNP are amoung those who jointly maintain the founder nation to this day, as well as the joint occupation of Scotland in 2014. Finally, the proposal appears to fail to mention various acts of the Founderless Regions Alliance committed that contributed to and eventually led to war between the two, and at the very least, placing sole blame on TNI is disingenuous. Generally addressing the recent dispatch that was released regarding the history of the events referred to in this proposal, it is disappointing that TNI did not lament the actions it took against TNP in the past, however it must also be acknowledged that it was not justifying them.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Condemn North East Somerset

Final vote (World): For - 10615; Against - 2202
Final vote (TNP): For - 439; Against - 42; Percentage of WA nations voting: 36.52%
Recommendation: North East Somerset, herein referred to as NES, is deserving of their condemnation for the various actions they have committed during their career and outlined by the proposed condemnation. These include directly assisting in the coups of The North Pacific, Lazarus, The Rejected Realms, and The East Pacific as well as their undermining of the Founderless Regions Alliance. Further condemnable acts include their involvement in regions which perpetuated unprovoked violence against various regions and their natives, namely Belgium. NES has built a career out of raiding, espionage, and destruction of governments specifically within the GCRs; as such they are very deserving of this condemnation.

In accordance with the reasoning provided above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/sG8YGQy.png[/IMG][SIZE=7] World Assembly Digest[/SIZE]
[RIGHT][I]by Gorundu, World Assembly Correspondent[/I][/RIGHT]
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/YnLYZLb.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=green]General Assembly[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Improving the world one resolution at a time[/I][/CENTER]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Preventing Unjust Warfare
[/B]
[I]Status: [COLOR=red][B]Defeated[/B][/COLOR]
Delegate's vote: [COLOR=red][B]Against[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=green]2917[/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red][B]10106[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=green]84[/COLOR]; Against - [B][COLOR=red]411[/COLOR][/B]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]38.73%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]The proposal, while well meaning, is hampered by various holes and unachievable standards. Namely, Clause 2.1.1 relies on 'undeniable and concrete evidence' which is not easily obtainable if possible at all, especially in situations where bad faith and third party actors are excepted to be involved but proof is not totally present. Additionally, clause 2.1.3 appears to be miswritten as it never fully clarifies that nondomestic forces engaging the local nonstate actor would be required to satisfy this however domestic forces engaging on a local nonstate actor would not need to satisfy this requirement as it would not be transnational. Furthermore, clause 2.3 becomes problematic as a nation's predictions may not reflect reality and the results of a transnational conflict can vary greatly between predicted result and actual result, especially in scenarios where a multitude of factors for this decision are unknown or only generally specified.

In accordance with the above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Treatment of the Deceased
[/B]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=green]1280[/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red][B]11426[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=green]47[/COLOR]; Against - [B][COLOR=red]449[/COLOR][/B]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]38.72%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]Treatment of the Deceased, while well meaning, falls victim to its own poorly worded and vague clauses. This proposal requires the previous consent of the deceased to perform various actions in order to exempt them from 'grave molestation'. This becomes problematic if the death is sudden or the record of now deceased granting and denying these permissions is lost. The proposal also requires member nations to protect graves until the point of decay 'to the fullest possible extent from molestation' that could span well over a decade (at the very least), and would impose unreasonable requirements on member nations in order to comply. Finally, the proposal attempts to accommodate for religious and cultural beliefs but then requires the now deceased to have requested it and then prevents anything that violates Clause 1 and 4, thus defeating the whole point of this clause to begin with.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Reducing Food Waste[/B]

[I]Status: [B][COLOR=green]Passed[/COLOR][/B]
Delegate's vote: [B][COLOR=green]For[/COLOR][/B]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=green][B]11161[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red]1902[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=green][B]466[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red]42[/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]39.24%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]This proposal attempts to address the wasting of food and how citizens of WA member nations can better handle their leftovers. The proposal addresses various aspect of this in requiring food producers to minimize waste, recycling compost into agriculture, and expanding the duties and abilities of the International Food Wellfare Orgaization. A few concerns involved with this resolution include the lack of specific language that leaves a lot of the proposal up to interpretation and provides vague mandates. Furthermore, the proposal ignores the fact that food safety and standards do contribute to a large portion of food waste despite it being a net positive. In conclusion, this proposal generally promotes the sensible use of food and prevention of food waste that leaves openings to be expanded upon by more specific resoluitions.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/MSkSvav.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=red]Security Council[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary[/I][/CENTER]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Condemn Kyrusia
[/B]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=green]1516[/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red][B]10818[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=green]45[/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red][B]421[/B][/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]36.46%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]The proposed condemnation of Kyrusia is fundamentally lacking. This is primarily due to the rushed drafting process which did not allow for the following issues to be properly dealt with. Primarily, this proposal seems to brush over and totally exclude a very large amount of relevant content to this condemnation. When asked, the author claimed that they wanted this proposal to be light-hearted, which is perfectly fine in theory, but ultimately harms the execution of this proposal for such a deserving target.

Due to the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Condemn The New Inquisition
[/B]
[I]Status: [COLOR=green][B]Passed[/B][/COLOR]
Delegate's vote: [COLOR=green][B]For[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=green][B]8440[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]4736[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]282[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]208[/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]37.63%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]TNP has a demonstrated history of opposing the condemnation of The New Inquisition, specifically during the most recent previous attempt at condemning TNI occurred in 2015 where effectively the same reasoning and text was used to justify the condemnation. While the proposal is fundamentally well drafted, TNP and TNI have developed strong relations and worked productively on many military operations since the acts of TNI mentioned in this proposal. This includes the 2015 defense of Stargate (historically a very close ally of TNP which TNI had no stake in), the invasion and refounding of Nazi Europe in which TNI and TNP are amoung those who jointly maintain the founder nation to this day, as well as the joint occupation of Scotland in 2014. Finally, the proposal appears to fail to mention various acts of the Founderless Regions Alliance committed that contributed to and eventually led to war between the two, and at the very least, placing sole blame on TNI is disingenuous. Generally addressing the recent dispatch that was released regarding the history of the events referred to in this proposal, it is disappointing that TNI did not lament the actions it took against TNP in the past, however it must also be acknowledged that it was not justifying them.

In accordance with the reasoning presented above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[h][/h]
[CENTER][B]Condemn North East Somerset
[/B]
[I]Status: [COLOR=green][B]Passed[/B][/COLOR]
Delegate's vote: [COLOR=green][B]For[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]10615[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]2202[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]439[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]42[/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]36.52%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]North East Somerset, herein referred to as NES, is deserving of their condemnation for the various actions they have committed during their career and outlined by the proposed condemnation. These include directly assisting in the coups of The North Pacific, Lazarus, The Rejected Realms, and The East Pacific as well as their undermining of the Founderless Regions Alliance. Further condemnable acts include their involvement in regions which perpetuated unprovoked violence against various regions and their natives, namely Belgium. NES has built a career out of raiding, espionage, and destruction of governments specifically within the GCRs; as such they are very deserving of this condemnation.

In accordance with the reasoning provided above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this proposal.[/I]

Last edited:
Back