he/him
TNP Nation
El_Fiji_Grande
Discord
El Fiji Grande (#3446)

del_seal.png
Statement on WA Noncompliance Issue

Citizens,

It has come to our attention that the NationStates Core of Catholics (“The Core”) has issued a declaration in opposition to World Assembly Resolution 286, "Reproductive Freedoms". This resolution was countersigned by a number of North Pacificans, including the Minister of Defense Bobberino.

The Core encourages members to oppose the resolution and to encourage non-compliance with the resolution. The Core also maintains a list of nations that are stated to be in non-compliance with the resolution. The Core actively opposes the General Assembly and fundamentally attempts to erode, undermine, and destroy efforts to increase engagement and participation within that body. Despite their efforts, time will prove that these actions are all in vain and are certain to fail.

Questions have arisen surrounding the participation of a member of the cabinet in the decision to issue this declaration. The Executive Council of The North Pacific has met to discuss this issue in detail, and we condemn this resolution in the strongest possible terms.

The long standing policy of The North Pacific Government on matters of the World Assembly includes compliance with all World Assembly Resolutions. We encourage all nations to proactively participate in both the General Assembly and the Security Council. Many members of The North Pacific and the world have benefited from our proactive approach to matters surrounding the World Assembly. The significance of participation, whether that be by drafting and passing resolutions, regularly voting on proposals, or even simply endorsing the Delegate, is well understood and appreciated by our citizens.

The suitable avenue to advocate for change is through the drafting of resolutions, repealing poor legislation, and advocating for reform, where necessary. The Core’s position of advocating non-compliance is a reckless disregard for the importance of the World Assembly and demonstrates an attempt to undermine The North Pacific’s efforts to promote participation and engagement with the World Assembly.

Signed,
aXH4VVr.png

@El Fiji Grande
WA Delegate

@Sil Dorsett
Vice Delegate

@mcmasterdonia
Minister of Foreign Affairs

@TlomzKrano
Minister of World Assembly Affairs

@Pallaith
Minister of Communications

@Robespierre
Minister of Home Affairs

@Prydania
Minister of Culture

@Bobberino
Minister of Defense

You’ll notice that my signature is featured at the bottom of this statement and I must say that I was very proud to sign onto this message. This is a great statement from our Delegate and I’m glad that the Executive Council could come together in a collaborative fashion to stand united on an issue that North Pacificans care about. Let it be known that our commitment to the World Assembly and our pursuit of excellence within its halls continues.

I noticed the statement mentioned that Bobberino signed the Core's declaration, but doesn't seem to mention that he has since withdrawn his name. Because of that, his signature at the bottom of this statement may be confusing to those who don't know. Perhaps this should be added to the statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back