-
-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
Hægla Vatnáin stood at the podium in the Landerene civic centre, flanked by Prydanian and Messías Deildinni flags as she tried to contend with the rancorous crowd. Revenists seemed responsive to the MD's message, and western Prydania was where they were mostly concentrated. Even in Landerene though? It was 50/50 with the Laurenist Church. Traditionally the communities tended to get along well. UKAG had smoothed over religious differences across Prydania and King Rikard III had re-affirmed the religious freedoms of that era when UKAG split, signing the Religious Toleration Act of 1820. And faith itself was key to surviving Syndicalist expression. They cared not for denominations.

That delicate balance of mutual toleration was tested though, now that the Messías Deildinni was making waves. Some members had suggested opening it up to all Messianists, try to create a truly faith-based movement that didn't discriminate along denominational lines. That would have been the easier route. Revenists were, by far, the smallest Messianic community in Prydania. Yet Hægla saw that as proof God wanted them to strike out on their own. He was providing her, and them, with a challenge. No reward is given, only gained through adversity. Hægla and her husband Frederick had argued firmly for keeping the movement Revenist. If they were going to advance the will of God? Then they could not tolerate heretics in their ranks. In the end? If they persevered? God would see them through to victory. Why else would He bless them with a country that was ripe for the taking? And better them than someone else, who had designed that ran counter to God's will.

Still? Tonight was one of those trying times. Revenists cheered her on, but were drowned out by the jeers of Laurenist attendants.

"Our King declares himself to be 'Defender of the Faith,' but he is only the head of a church stained by the impurity of man, and he dares to marry a pagan Queen? Pagan!" she yelled over the increasingly vocal jeers.

"Traitor!"
"Fundy!"
"Get off the stage!"

The last one caused Frederick, seated in the front row, to jump up.

"This is Prydania, is it not? The Syndicalists are gone, right? She has a right to speak!"

"Not against the King!"

"Then he can come here and tell me that himself!" Hægla yelled over the microphone.
"We can not be a truly Messianic nation so long as he tolerates Pagans, heretics, the impure, and corrupt churches in our lands!"

By that point some Laurenists and Revenists began to push at each other, prompting the police to move in and separate the two sides before things got violent. Hægla looked to Fredrick. He nodded softly and walked off, following him. Elias Busk took the podium as she left, continuing.
"I think that's it for the evening folks, thanks for coming and..."

Fredrick and Hægla made their way out the back of the centre as the police oversaw the near-violent crowd's peaceful dispersal.

"That got more heated than I thought it would" Harald Borup replied with a smirk as he met up with them.

"Yes, but the police kept things in line. Thank Jesper for us, will you?" Fredrick replied with a smile.

"Of course" Harald replied.
"But I have to ask...should we be pushing along like this?" he asked, looking at Hægla.

"What do you mean?" Hægla replied, looking both curious and defensive.

"We all agree we need to address the issue eventually, Hægla. But is it smart to go after the King like this? They brought the lèse-majesté laws back when they overthrew the Syndicalists. You could bring undue attention to us before we're ready."

"The King's marrying a pagan, Harald, doesn't that concern you?" Hægla shot back.

"Of course it does, but should we be going this hard so soon?"

"What's wrong isn't made right by convenience and..."

"Honey, honey" Fredrick interrupted before turning to Harald.
"They won't do anything. The poor boy's too afraid of being his uncle. The lèse-majesté laws aren't going to be enforced. Besides Jesper..."

"Jesper's a police officer. He's helping us but I'm not sure what he can do if an order comes in from Beaconsviði before we're ready."

Fredrick looked at Harald a bit perturbed, but only sighed.
"Jesper's smart, he'll find a way if he has to but I'm telling you. They won't enforce them. We'll be fine."

"Alright, you have a pretty good grasp on this stuff" Harald replied with a nod.
"Just make sure you're not too harsh Hægla. We need the King to negotiate. So we can't be agitating him too much."

"Just enough to get them to pay attention Harald. I promise. And calm down. We're walking a blessed path. Trust in God's plan."

Harald nodded once more.
"Take care you two. I'll see you at church in the morning."

"Take care Harald" Fredrick replied as they parted ways.

"He's too squeamish" Hægla scoffed to her husband.

"Maybe, but cautiousness has a place."

Hægla smiled.
"I'm sure he'll see there's nothing to worry about when he sees the results of the plan."

"Everyone will. The world will be a better place" Fredrick replied with a smile of his own. The two kissed for a moment before continuing on their way home.

Last edited:
Back