World Assembly Digest
by Gorundu, World Assembly Correspondent
YnLYZLb.jpg

General Assembly

Improving the world one resolution at a time

Right to Farm

Delegate's vote: Against
Final vote (World): For - 5061; Against - 9728
Final vote (TNP): For - 141; Against - 433; Percentage of WA nations voting: 40.65%
Recommendation: This proposal, while well meaning, fundamentally falls short in application and methodology. The proposal intends to create exceptions in nuisance laws for properly performing agricultural entities but fails to recognize the complexity and diversity of agriculture throughout the WA community as well as broadly asserting the inherent ability to own and maintain property despite nations' sovereignty to control those specific rights. Furthermore, this issue would be better handled on a property zoning basis where exceptions could be built in except where an entity violates the law similar to to 'accepted and standard agricultural practices.

In accordance with the reasoning displayed above, and in hopes of a potential redraft, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

World Assembly Justice Accord

Delegate's vote: For
Final vote (World): For - 11753; Against - 3001
Final vote (TNP): For - 451; Against - 91; Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.66%

Recommendation: The World Assembly Justice Accord effectively creates an overarching court system directly facilitated by the greater World Assembly. This is accomplished by created the World Assembly Judiciary Committee which will exist to maintain and appoint officials to the various courts held within this system. The purpose of these courts is to prevent noncompliance and fight it where ever it may be used to violate the rights of parties within noncompliant WA member nations. This is very important as compliance is the very essence of the World Assembly. Without proper discipline issued to those who simply ignore passed resolutions, there is no reason for nations to follow any resolutions, thus defeating the point of the WA. In an ideal world in which everyone acts according to the law, this would not be an issue, however this appears to be no perfect world.

And thus, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Prevention of Mutually assured destruction

Final vote (World): For - 2472; Against - 12247
Final vote (TNP): For - 69; Against - 434; Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.40%

Recommendation: Prevention of Mutually Assured Destruction, while well meaning, is flawed and somewhat useless in application. The definition of Mutually Assured Destruction is not one synonymous with what players would be familiar with in real life, which leads to a misleading title. Furthermore, the proposal takes no steps to prevent its own defined version of MAD, therefore not achieving what it fundamentally sets out to do. The only binding clause is one that arbitrarily bans 'response systems' to nuclear attacks while never actually defining or specifying what it is banning. Due to this lack of clarity, non-lethal or even productive systems could be banned due to faulty interpretation because of the very open worded clause. Finally, this proposal creates a committee that collects and reports uses of MAD to the WAJC, despite it not being illegal. This indicates that the author is simply using this proposal as a stepping stone to push more constraining legislation in the future.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

MSkSvav.jpg

Security Council

Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary

Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors

Final vote (World): For - 6790; Against - 8503
Final vote (TNP): For - 234; Against - 333; Percentage of WA nations voting: 39.65%

Recommendation: The Land of Kings and Emperors has committed various actions in the past which make them worthy of condemnation. However, this Ministry believes that the proposal does not properly address the condemnable aspects of LKE and even goes so far so as to spread a potential falsehood within its text. In clause 12, this proposal states that an individual was scapegoated after being caught violating inter-regional standards on recruitment practices. There is no evidence of this ever occurring which brings significant concern to the legitimacy of any other claims that are not directly substantiated.

In accordance with the issues raised above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Commend Woonsocket

Final vote (World): For - 10871; Against - 3613
Final vote (TNP): For - 504; Against - 31; Percentage of WA nations voting: 38.11%

Recommendation: Woonsocket has a long history in 10000 Islands, a region also commended by the Security Council. In his time, he has served in numerous positions and through them contributed to NS as a whole. He has deployed over 400 times to defend regions and has participated in multiple operations to secure lawful delegacies in Game Created Regions. He has also spent an enormous amount of time recruiting for his region, enabling 10000 Islands to be the commended region that it is.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this commendation.

Condemn Pierconium

Final vote (World): For - 12250; Against - 1715
Final vote (TNP): For - 487; Against - 36; Percentage of WA nations voting: 37.33%

Recommendation: The Emeritus Augustus Pacificus of Pierconium, as he is known at present, is a nation that posseses a long, tumultuous history within various spheres of NationStates GamePlay (NSGP). Having been one of the original four founding members of 'the Empire', Pierconium's long-standing history of participating in and/or supporting various subversive activities that seek to undermine legitimate governments across NationStates is the subject that plagues the Security Council at this very moment. Despite the fact that his existence predates all records readily available, the practice of duality has enabled the continuance of Pierconium's unapologetic nature for his atrocious actions that span over the past decade. On two separate occasions the nominee has been the perpetrator of tyranny in the North Pacific; and as an influential member in Gatesville (a region known for its opposition to the World Assembly) it serves to reason that he'd be held partially responsible for the coup d'etat of Osiris in 2013, the overthrow of a legal East Pacifican government in 2008, the survival of the authoritarian Triumvirate of the West Pacific, and for the brutal purging of five thousand and five hundred natives between his reigns in both the Pacific and the North Pacific respectively.

For the above reasonings it's suffice to say the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs strongly suggests a vote in favour of FOR the resolution.

Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II

Final vote (World): For - 8459; Against - 5594
Final vote (TNP): For - 195; Against - 302; Percentage of WA nations voting: 35.60%

Recommendation: The proposed condemnation of Durkadurkiranistan would be the second time this player is condemned. While they are deserving of being condemned for their various acts, namely against this very region, this proposed condemnation falls short in a few key places. The delivery and writing is uninspired and conveys its items more akin to that of a laundry list than a convincing condemnation. Furthermore, there are concerns that this proposal could be used to justify the repeal of the original condemnation at some point in the future. This concern is present due to the fact that this proposal does not and cannot fully outline the various actions Durka took against TNP and its interests. Despite communication with the author on some of these issues, they remain even if not taken advantage of by them.

In accordance with the statement above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Commend Common Territories

Final vote (World): For - 12250; Against - 1715
Final vote (TNP): For - 426; Against - 49; Percentage of WA nations voting: 34.37%

Recommendation: The proposed commendation of The Empire of Common Territories, herein referred to as TECT, is one based primarily on a legacy of significant contributions to RP they have made in the various RP communities they have participated in. These include an international arms smuggling manufacturing company, money laundering services investing and banking services, and blood thirsty, imperialist hitmen peacekeeping private military forces. Overall, TECT is a well respected player who deserved this commendation and acknowledgment of their RP content on both a regional and international level.

Following the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For this proposal.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/sG8YGQy.png[/IMG][SIZE=7] World Assembly Digest[/SIZE]
[align=RIGHT][I]by Gorundu, World Assembly Correspondent[/I][/align]
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/YnLYZLb.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=green]General Assembly[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Improving the world one resolution at a time[/I][/CENTER]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]Right to Farm
[/B]
[I]Status: [COLOR=red][B]Defeated[/B][/COLOR]
Delegate's vote: [COLOR=red][B]Against[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=green]5061[/COLOR]; Against - [B][COLOR=red]9728[/COLOR][/B]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=green]141[/COLOR]; Against - [B][COLOR=red]433[/COLOR][/B]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]40.65%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]This proposal, while well meaning, fundamentally falls short in application and methodology. The proposal intends to create exceptions in nuisance laws for properly performing agricultural entities but fails to recognize the complexity and diversity of agriculture throughout the WA community as well as broadly asserting the inherent ability to own and maintain property despite nations' sovereignty to control those specific rights. Furthermore, this issue would be better handled on a property zoning basis where exceptions could be built in except where an entity violates the law similar to to 'accepted and standard agricultural practices.
In accordance with the reasoning displayed above, and in hopes of a potential redraft, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]World Assembly Justice Accord
[/B]
[I]Status: [B][COLOR=green]Passed[/COLOR][/B]
Delegate's vote: [B][COLOR=green]For[/COLOR][/B]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]11753[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]3001[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]451[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]91[/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]38.66%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]The World Assembly Justice Accord effectively creates an overarching court system directly facilitated by the greater World Assembly. This is accomplished by created the World Assembly Judiciary Committee which will exist to maintain and appoint officials to the various courts held within this system. The purpose of these courts is to prevent noncompliance and fight it where ever it may be used to violate the rights of parties within noncompliant WA member nations. This is very important as compliance is the very essence of the World Assembly. Without proper discipline issued to those who simply ignore passed resolutions, there is no reason for nations to follow any resolutions, thus defeating the point of the WA. In an ideal world in which everyone acts according to the law, this would not be an issue, however this appears to be no perfect world.
And thus, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]Prevention of Mutually assured destruction
[/B]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=#008000]2472[/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000][B]12247[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=#008000]69[/COLOR]; Against - [B][COLOR=red]434[/COLOR][/B]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]39.40%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]Prevention of Mutually Assured Destruction, while well meaning, is flawed and somewhat useless in application. The definition of Mutually Assured Destruction is not one synonymous with what players would be familiar with in real life, which leads to a misleading title. Furthermore, the proposal takes no steps to prevent its own defined version of MAD, therefore not achieving what it fundamentally sets out to do. The only binding clause is one that arbitrarily bans 'response systems' to nuclear attacks while never actually defining or specifying what it is banning. Due to this lack of clarity, non-lethal or even productive systems could be banned due to faulty interpretation because of the very open worded clause. Finally, this proposal creates a committee that collects and reports uses of MAD to the WAJC, despite it not being illegal. This indicates that the author is simply using this proposal as a stepping stone to push more constraining legislation in the future.
For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[hr]
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/MSkSvav.jpg[/IMG]
[B][COLOR=red]Security Council[/COLOR][/B]
[I]Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary[/I][/CENTER]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors
[/B]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=green]6790[/COLOR]; Against - [B][COLOR=red]8503[/COLOR][/B]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=green]234[/COLOR]; Against - [B][COLOR=red]333[/COLOR][/B]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]39.65%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]The Land of Kings and Emperors has committed various actions in the past which make them worthy of condemnation. However, this Ministry believes that the proposal does not properly address the condemnable aspects of LKE and even goes so far so as to spread a potential falsehood within its text. In clause 12, this proposal states that an individual was scapegoated after being caught violating inter-regional standards on recruitment practices. There is no evidence of this ever occurring which brings significant concern to the legitimacy of any other claims that are not directly substantiated.
In accordance with the issues raised above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]Commend Woonsocket
[/B]
[I]Status: [COLOR=green][B]Passed[/B][/COLOR]
Delegate's vote: [COLOR=green][B]For[/B][/COLOR]
Final vote (World): For - [B][COLOR=green]10871[/COLOR][/B]; Against - [COLOR=red]3613[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [B][COLOR=green]504[/COLOR][/B]; Against - [COLOR=red]31[/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]38.11%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]Woonsocket has a long history in 10000 Islands, a region also commended by the Security Council. In his time, he has served in numerous positions and through them contributed to NS as a whole. He has deployed over 400 times to defend regions and has participated in multiple operations to secure lawful delegacies in Game Created Regions. He has also spent an enormous amount of time recruiting for his region, enabling 10000 Islands to be the commended region that it is.
For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this commendation.[/I]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]Condemn Pierconium
[/B]
Final vote (World): For - [B][COLOR=green]12250[/COLOR][/B]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]1715[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]487[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red]36[/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]37.33%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]The Emeritus Augustus Pacificus of Pierconium, as he is known at present, is a nation that posseses a long, tumultuous history within various spheres of NationStates GamePlay (NSGP). Having been one of the original four founding members of 'the Empire', Pierconium's long-standing history of participating in and/or supporting various subversive activities that seek to undermine legitimate governments across NationStates is the subject that plagues the Security Council at this very moment. Despite the fact that his existence predates all records readily available, the practice of duality has enabled the continuance of Pierconium's unapologetic nature for his atrocious actions that span over the past decade. On two separate occasions the nominee has been the perpetrator of tyranny in the North Pacific; and as an influential member in Gatesville (a region known for its opposition to the World Assembly) it serves to reason that he'd be held partially responsible for the coup d'etat of Osiris in 2013, the overthrow of a legal East Pacifican government in 2008, the survival of the authoritarian Triumvirate of the West Pacific, and for the brutal purging of five thousand and five hundred natives between his reigns in both the Pacific and the North Pacific respectively.
For the above reasonings it's suffice to say the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs strongly suggests a vote in favour of [B]FOR[/B] the resolution.[/I]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II
[/B]
Delegate's vote: [B][COLOR=red]Against[/COLOR][/B]
Final vote (World): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]8459[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]5594[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=#008000]195[/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=red][B]302[/B][/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]35.60%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]The proposed condemnation of Durkadurkiranistan would be the second time this player is condemned. While they are deserving of being condemned for their various acts, namely against this very region, this proposed condemnation falls short in a few key places. The delivery and writing is uninspired and conveys its items more akin to that of a laundry list than a convincing condemnation. Furthermore, there are concerns that this proposal could be used to justify the repeal of the original condemnation at some point in the future. This concern is present due to the fact that this proposal does not and cannot fully outline the various actions Durka took against TNP and its interests. Despite communication with the author on some of these issues, they remain even if not taken advantage of by them.
In accordance with the statement above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]Against[/B] this proposal.[/I]
[hr]
[CENTER][B]Commend Common Territories
[/B]
Final vote (World): For - [B][COLOR=green]12250[/COLOR][/B]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]1715[/COLOR]
Final vote (TNP): For - [COLOR=#008000][B]426[/B][/COLOR]; Against - [COLOR=#ff0000]49[/COLOR]; Percentage of WA nations voting: [B]34.37%[/B]
[/I][/CENTER]
[B]Recommendation: [/B][I]The proposed commendation of The Empire of Common Territories, herein referred to as TECT, is one based primarily on a legacy of significant contributions to RP they have made in the various RP communities they have participated in. These include an international arms smuggling manufacturing company, [strike]money laundering services[/strike] investing and banking services, and [strike]blood thirsty, imperialist hitmen[/strike] peacekeeping private military forces. Overall, TECT is a well respected player who deserved this commendation and acknowledgment of their RP content on both a regional and international level.
Following the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote [B]For[/B] this proposal.[/I]

Last edited:
I have no issues with the draft as written, should be good to go.
Have spotted some minor issues in the coding (standard text instead of bold and vice-versa) which strays away from the standard uniformity.
These can be corrected easily enough.

Have spotted some minor issues in the coding (standard text instead of bold and vice-versa) which strays away from the standard uniformity.
These can be corrected easily enough.
I think the ones you're referring to are intentional on my behalf. I thought I'd use bold and standard text to distinguish which side got more votes.

I think the ones you're referring to are intentional on my behalf. I thought I'd use bold and standard text to distinguish which side got more votes.
Gotcha! Just made my eyes go funny :)
However, It does deviate from the standard that has been used for all the previous issues of TNS.

Back