Per Ardua Ad Astra
-
-
-
TNP Nation
Ethnon
Discord
Marcus Antonius #8887
Spring has sprung for those in TNP’s northern hemisphere, and the May General Election provided verdant democratic ground for both perennial candidates and budding new political talent.

The Delegacy:

Keeping to his campaign promise of a single term, previous delegate Pallaith opted not to run this round, creating the opportunity for new leadership to rise, and keeping alive TNP’s tradition of encouraging citizens to engage in the pursuit of leadership positions.

El Fiji Grande was the first candidate to declare, riding momentum from recent election to the Security Council, and having displayed great acumen as Minister of Communications. In his platform, Fiji emphasized a willingness to learn as he led, if chosen. Fiji deferred to those with greater experience during the campaign, and his platform became a work in progress. This willingness to adapt to the views of the community went a long way in building confidence in his candidacy, securing him 88% of the votes, and victory.

St. George (Madjack) declared shortly thereafter. A former Delegate in Osiris, St. George brought executive experience to the campaign. St. George placed an emphasis on Ministerial liberty and gave a specific mention of the importance of an unfettered RP community. Previous indiscretions came to light, however, and with matters before the courts, St. George withdrew from the race.

Not wishing to see El Fiji Grande gain the Delegacy uncontested, Lady Raven Wing rose to the occasion with an intriguing platform of Evil – and one must assume the accompanying chaos. Light on policy, heavy on goats, pants, and perhaps even goats in pants, this irreverent but timely campaign garnered nearly 12% of the popular vote, proving there can be no light without darkness.

The Vice Delegacy:

Hotly contested, with several vying for the number two job, the Vice Delegate race provided the counterpoint to the fait accompli that was the Delegate race.

Incumbent candidate Sil Dorsett was going to be difficult to unseat on the heels of a nearly infallible term. Sil’s platform relied mainly on a positive track record, with some additional emphasis on regional security, continuing promotion of WA membership, and a well-executed Star Trek reference. These elements combined into a win and a second consecutive term, with 57% of the popular vote.

Little is known about candidate Kirostan, but it is a testament to the region that a relative unknown may enter any race and run for office. Despite having no platform to speak of, Kirostan’s courage is laudable, and the candidate even captured a couple of votes.

Praetor’s campaign for Vice was similar to Sil’s in focusing on regional security, but Praetor put a greater emphasis on game-side improvements and advocated for somewhat increased transparency. Overshadowed by the battle between a very popular incumbent and an exceedingly well-rounded rat dude, Praetor garnered 4 votes.

Malphe came at the candidacy with a past experience in most TNP Ministries, a predisposition to security, and proven accountability. The emphasis of the platform was reliable execution of tasks matched with an openness to learn and evolve into the position. The Vice Delegate position is likely in Malphe’s future, but this time out, a respectable 35% of the popular vote wasn’t quite enough.

Speaker:

Fairly new to TNP and NS, Dreadton took on the mammoth task of unseating a popular incumbent, both out of a belief that that no candidate should run unopposed, but also with confidence in their understanding of the role. Stepping up is never easy, and Dreadton was rewarded with a respectable 23% of the popular vote.

There was little doubt that Artemis would reacquire the Speaker role, and the variety of common-sense procedural amendments implemented over the last term spoke for themselves. More-of-the-same seemed to be all the refrain that citizens needed to secure 88% of the popular vote, and another term in office.

Attorney General:

With the future of the region’s AG position in question, three candidates declared, each seeking to carry the office forward. Two prevailed, but a runoff was required to determine the ultimate winner.

Dinoium presented a comprehensive platform emphasizing greater public education of TNP’s laws to citizens / residents and outlined a potential internship program. Ambition to resurrect the AG office to greater activity in TNP garnered 23% support among voters. Not enough, however, to qualify for the ensuing runoff vote.

Funkadelia gathered nearly 30% of the vote, and that was close enough to the frontrunner to trigger the eventual runoff. Emphasizing the need for reform in the region’s justice system, to a less adversarial construct, Funk expressed a desire to adapt a more inquisitorial format, to better expedite future cases before the courts.

Once the runoff was complete, Darcania emerged victorious with 70% of the popular vote. The majority feeling was that Darc’s previous experience and acumen as AG would be critical as the RA decides whether the office should be maintained, or if the duties of the AG are to be parsed out to others in government.

Summary:

Delegate: El Fiji Grande
Vice Delegate: Sil Dorsett
Speaker: Artemis
Attorney General: Darconia

Last edited:
I'll suggest some other edits and pictures later but possibly we could use this picture and caption for the AG race. Picture of course needs to be resized.
GSJoypolis21558888317.png

Darcania, Dinoium, and Funkadelia are all ready for the AG run

Last edited:
There was little doubt that Artemis would reacquire the Speaker role...More of the same seemed to be all the refrain that citizens needed to secure 88% of the popular vote....

I think I had single quotes around "More of the same" in the draft. It wasn't a direct quote, but I was making an effort to paraphrase the consensus opinion. Perhaps hyphenating the phrase More-of-the-same would have a similar effect. Sentence will make more sense, I think.

I think I had single quotes around "More of the same" in the draft. It wasn't a direct quote, but I was making an effort to paraphrase the consensus opinion. Perhaps hyphenating the phrase More-of-the-same would have a similar effect. Sentence will make more sense, I think.
Checked draft - no quotes
But "no worries" :)
Hyphens inserted - yes, that makes more sense

Last edited:
88+23=100?

I enjoyed the piece, that was really the only correction I had. I felt you handled MadJack's matter very delicately and even-handedly, though I feel calling it "indiscretions" is a tad light. I also enjoyed the choice of picture for the AG race. Did you mean to make the Praetor bit another paragraph? Spacing may be off there.

Should you choose to rework the MadJack bit, I will take another look, but this seems fine to go out.

88+23=100?
Good catch. That's a typo. @Marcus Antonius posted this for me, since I didn't know what I was doing. I'm not able to edit it, but will DM in Discord and ask for an edit to 88%-12%
I felt you handled MadJack's matter very delicately and even-handedly, though I feel calling it "indiscretions" is a tad light.
The matter went through the courts. I just didn't feel this was the place for going into any great depth on it. I'm okay to leave it as is, if you're okay with that.
I also enjoyed the choice of picture for the AG race.
Not my pick, but I like it too.
Did you mean to make the Praetor bit another paragraph? Spacing may be off there.
I did want a space there. I'll ask MA to amend.

Thanks

Good catch. That's a typo. @Marcus Antonius posted this for me, since I didn't know what I was doing. I'm not able to edit it, but will DM in Discord and ask for an edit to 88%-12%

The matter went through the courts. I just didn't feel this was the place for going into any great depth on it. I'm okay to leave it as is, if you're okay with that.

Not my pick, but I like it too.

I did want a space there. I'll ask MA to amend.

Thanks

Corrections made on the assembled TNS VIII

Last edited:
Back