Onsite Authority Enhancement Bill

Can someone explain what statement 12 means?
Basically, the on-site ban can't last longer than the forum ban. So if the forum admin team bans someone until, say, May 15th, the delegate can't use that to justify an on-site ban past that date. If the admin team bans for a year, the delegate can't them indefinitely. Etc.

I'll have a response for Pallaith sometime later. No time right now.

The motion for a vote is recognized.

We are now in formal debate for 5 days on this proposal, unless the the author wishes to shorten the formal debate period. Formal Debate shall last till Saturday, April 27th at 11:00 AM GMT.

A vote is scheduled to begin two day hence the end of the formal debate period. The Vote shall begin Monday, April 29th at 11:00 PM GMT.
Mr. Speaker I do believe you missed the start of this vote. I hope you can open it as soon as possible.

I would support this bill if a particular vaguery was gotten rid of.
'Violators of NationStates rules' could mean most people. Gravedig is a violation of nationstates rules. So is having a signature longer than 8 lines. I feel that, although this is obviously not the intention, this could have the unintended effect of giving a future delegate freedom to eject if they can point to a minor rules violation. This text requires altering.

I would support this bill if a particular vaguery was gotten rid of.
'Violators of NationStates rules' could mean most people. Gravedig is a violation of nationstates rules. So is having a signature longer than 8 lines. I feel that, although this is obviously not the intention, this could have the unintended effect of giving a future delegate freedom to eject if they can point to a minor rules violation. This text requires altering.
That part is actually existing law, it was included to show the endpoint of my new language and where the existing law continues. It also wouldn't work the way you stated, because that clause is concerned with conduct on the RMB, and the examples you cited are forum actions. People in TNP couldn't violate those rules where we would have jurisdiction over them, and they literally cannot occur on the RMB.

Back