Wonderess

"I will be true to you whatever comes."
-
-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
An Invitation of Goodwill on Behalf of the Sutherland Federation and the Eras Society of Honorable Nations Office of the Chancellor
To the people, representatives, and crown of The Kingdom of Prydania,

It is with great respect and honor that we the Nation of Sutherland through the Arc-Wonderess Nathan Jarreau and the Eras Society of Honorable Nations through the Society's Chancellor Tanya Burding write to you. This society strives to uphold the value of justice, truth, kindness, and honesty in all of its deliberations and its interactions in this world that we all share. It is in this understanding that the society wishes to extend an invitation to The Kingdom of Prydania to apply for observer status and furthermore membership in this society. We believe that by expanding the Society, we are better able to deliberate and come to find solutions to conflicts that are fair and correct in judgement. The difficult history of Prydania and its brave overcoming of brutal and internal hardships stands as a testament to the type of character your nation possesses, a character befitting of ESHN.

The Sutherland Federation is dedicated to this possibility despite the many fronts and struggles of its own that are currently at play. We wish to send two capable and worthy members of our society to meet with you and speak of this request. Inspirators Jennifer Richland and Bernard Mitchell are willing to take on this endeavor and have received expressed authority of I, Nathan's word and force to work with Prydania on this quest for a more just world. We eagerly await your reply and hope that we can count on Prydania not only as a friend, but as a fellow nation willing to combat the corrupt forces that wish to plague all nations.

In faith,

Arc-Wonderess of the Sutherland Federation

Chancellor of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations

Last edited:
Thyge Rask smiled at the Sutherlander delegation as he closed the door on their limousine before making his way to the armoured SUV that would lead them to Absalonhöll. His dark blue uniform with white trim indicating his role as a Knight of the Storm. The Knights' five-fold cross emblem emblazoned on the SUV's doors.

"You ready?" Nichlas Mørk remarked as Thyge buckled himself in.
"Yeah" he replied with a nod. "Let's go."

The drive from Beaconsviði International to the Royal palace wasn't direct, but that was hardly a concern. It allowed the government to show off the refurbished capital to foreign guests.

"Don't they usually have the Prime Minister meet these guests at the airport?" Thyge asked as he kept his hand on his sidearm dutifully.

"Nah" Nichlas replied shrugging. "If the PM was there the King would have to be there. You can't meet the PM before the King. Violates protocol."

"So where was the King?"

"We're taking the Sutherlanders to see him. They want to do the whole pomp and circumstance thing. In the throne room."

"The throne room?" Thyge replied asked. "I don't think I've ever seen it."

"They use it for ceremonial purposes only, and this is one of those cases. Lucky you" Nichlas chuckled.
"They really break out all the niceties for that sort of thing. Besides, they just replaced the throne."

"I thought the old one dated to Vortgyn I?"

"No, not really" Nichlas laughed.
"I mean it did, sort of. They refurbished and replaced parts of it so often that it as a different throne anyway. The new one is supposed to be a near-perfect reproduction, before the Syndicalists ruined the old one."

"Ah..." Thygne mused.
"Should be grand."

Last edited:
Bernard Mitchell was more than pleased with this trip he was dispatched on. He loved his nation, but the Courantism all the time was a bit much for him. He was happy to be in a less intense country where things were a bit more relaxed. If anything he hoped that bringing more nations into ESHN would help make Sutherland a more inviting and moderate place for the world to see. He loved his nation, but he knew on the current course it would never make it past these hurdles it was going through diplomatically, economically, and rationally. He knew Jeniffer was also glad to be there but for the opposite reasons. All this communalism and world of friends talk was going to give him a headache. They were going to have to be a united front that didn't step on each other's toes. He assumed this was why the Arc-Wonderess sent them together. They were practically the two major opposites of the Court of Inspirators. The name of the game was collaboration but subtle framing all in one to present Sutherland as moderate as possible. No sweat.

Bernard and Jeniffer were called into the throne room at that moment. Starting now, the mission was make or break.

"Ms. Jennifer Richland and Mr. Bernard Mitchell..." Elo Daugaard, Steward of the Royal Household, announced as the Sutherlen delegation was brought into the throne room.
The old green and red marble tile recently restored, contrasted with the newer white marble from the newer sections of the Royal palace. The columns that lined the room were distinct too, with old Norse patterns carved into them, old Andrennian runes mixed with a Messianic cross over a large archway above the throne, a large oaken wooden chair. Five backlit stained glass windows displaying stags in a forested scene sat behind the throne As Tobias sat leaning to one side, dressed in a khaki Field Marshal's uniform. Magnus Brandt, the Prime Minister, stood to his right.

"...member of the Court of Inspirators and representatives of the Sutherland Federation and the Eras Society of Honourable Nations" Daugaard finished. He let the Sutherlen delegation enter a bit before stopping them to present the King.

"His Majesty Tobias III, of the House of Loðbrók, by the Grace of God, King of Prydania, Lord Protector of Austurland, Marshal of Beaconsviði, Lord Uniter, Defender of the Faith!" he proclaimed, stepping aside.

Tobias was curious as to how this would go. Prydania had recognized Sutherland's independence from McMasterdonia. He had signed the statement himself. It had been Magnus' decision, though, having gotten the motion through the Alþingi*. He had headed his Prime Minister and the elected assembly's decision. It had made a degree of sense too. It brought Prydania closer into Goyanes' sphere of influence, which had its advantages.
It had, however, some shortcomings. The Foreign Ministry was now forced to be careful regarding its dealings with the Luscova Pact and the PGU. Sutherland's independence was far from an agreed-upon fact among all of Prydania's allies. Tobias often wondered if they'd acted too hastily in recognizing them. Prydania still relied on the strength of its friends and allies, and staying neutral in this affair would have given them more room to operate on the international stage.
Regardless what was done was done, and both the King and Prime Minister were eager to hear what Sutherland and the ESHN had to say.

A calm silence had fallen over the throne room following the presentation of the King. Tobias smiled as he tried not get lost in his thoughts, realizing that the Inspirators were probably waiting on him.
"I was very curious to have received the Arc-Wonderess' invitation of goodwill" he said in a friendly tone as he remained seated on his throne.
"Sutherlen Inspirators" he continued, "are something of a curiosity to me. I have considered ways in which I might put my title of 'Defender of the Faith' to good use in my own country, to inspire" he said calmly before he stood to walk down the steps that raised the throne off the ground, approaching both Ms. Richland and Mr. Mitchell.
"I hope your trip wasn't too bad" he said with as smile, holding his hand out to Jennifer as she had been introduced first.

Jennifer took the hand of the King somewhat flustered by his presence. "It is our honor to be here in Prydania. The amount of welcome and hospitality we have been shown is truly heart warming. Sutherland is very interested in joining nations of peace throughout the world in order to make it a better place. It is the opinion of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations and the Arc-Wonderess of Sutherland that Prydania would be an excellent partner in pursuing this goal."

Bernard looked on with suspicion. This so called king probably had many things on his mind besides these small scale peace talks and hand shaking. No matter who he was, he probably had an agenda and some endgame that was no where near the interest of world unity and rainbows. "Would you please tell us about your relationship with your nation and people, Your Majesty. I would be very interested to hear what it is you want to accomplish in your reign. Surely you have some end in mind for this nation of yours."

Jennifer could sense the incredulous tone in Bernard's voice. She flashed a look of warning towards him, but it was not likely to do any good. It looked like this was going to be a matter of protecting the king from Bernard's wrath while also keeping the talks on task. This was not gong to be easy.

Tobias was a bit taken back by Bernard's question. Very few people had been this direct with him since he was crowned, none of them diplomats. It made him sigh though. Both because of the weight of the question and in relief. It broke the tension formality often imposed on events such as this, to be sure.

He turned as he walked back to his throne, the heavy wooden chair baring the intricate designs of the Prydanian nation. Pagan runes, leaves, and Messianic crosses all seemed to intertwine and dance with one another on the inserts, and the wood itself didn't give. It was hard. Solid. One might be forgiven for thinking it was carved out of a singular piece of oak. Tobias leaned to one side as he took his seat, Prime Minister Brandt leaning in to whisper something. Tobias shook his head though, before convincing the Prime Minister to step aside again.

"Mr. Inspirator" Tobias replied softly.
"Sutherland is a country that's endured many hardships. So has Prydania. I hope that, above all else we all keep that in mind. We're all struggling for something. Now you're asking me. Well..." the King sighed again, closing his eyes as he managed to fight back the knot in his throat.

"I saw my aunts, uncles, my cousin, who was the closest person I had to a sister, and my parents killed when I was seven years old" he said as he adjusted in his chair.
"Seven years old" he repeated softly. "You can't comprehend what you've just seen at that age, Mr. Inspirator. I know I didn't. I asked...I asked someone who would become a very dear friend of mine where my parents where...after I saw them each take a bullet in the head."

The throne room was dead quiet. Tobias was breathing deep, but no one dared say anything in the pregnant pause.
"And the tragic thing about that is that when you're old enough to realize what it was you saw, it's too late. It's already scarred you."
It was as if the King were looking past the two ESHN diplomats, before he regained his focus and returned his gaze to Bernard.

"And I wish I were unique among my people, but I'm not. So many people saw loved ones ripped from them by Syndicalists. But I'm King..."
He said that last part softly.

"But I'm the one who's King. So if you want to know what it is I want to accomplish with my reign, it is that no Prydanian child will have to suffer something like that ever again" he said firmly.
The throne room was quiet again. Magnus looked to his Cabinet members, and back to the King. The various attendants of the Royal household were stoic, many of them having been through the same trials as Tobias. And Tobias? He thought for a moment.

"Which brings us to the ESHN. My country's still dealing with that trauma. I don't expect it'll be past us for a long time. ESHN though, ESHN is an inspiration. It's a beacon that invites us all to do better. So I have to ask you, Mr. and Ms. Inspirators, why ESHN is looking to Prydania. From where I sit, we should be looking to you."

Last edited:
Jennifer heard the king's heartfelt words and was moved herself. She had to do everything she could to hold back the tears she felt building under her eyes.
"We look to you, Your Majesty, because you above all people know the dangers of turning peace away. It is exactly nations like yours that we need leading the world towards a greater peace that we have only dreamt of. Prydania has so much to offer the world even in its stages of rebuilding. Norsia has joined us already, and we feel Prydania through its history and reconstruction can teach us all so much. We want ESHN to consist of models other nations can use for the good of their own nations, and Prydania is a prime example of such a model."

Bernard decided to put his two cents in. "The state of the world is forever changing. Alliances come into existence and die off over the course of a decade. ESHN at the very least is different in that it is not about military strength or financial finesse. It is about justice worldwide that is fair and able to work through biases fairly. The history of Prydania is very important to Sutherland which is why it was at the top of the list of prime potential members of ESHN. Your experiences have led you to where we now are, and I think there is more to be done for my country and for yours. ESHN can be the platform for that.

Jennifer continued before Bernard could go much farther. "This isn't just about ESHN, Your Majesty. We are here as representatives of the Sutherland Federation as well. We would very much like to develop strong relations between Sutherland and Prydania. So I suggest before we move forward to speak on ESHN, we talk about the relationship between Prydania and Sutherland. Where would you say we stand with one another and where would you like that relationship to go from here?

Back