Europeian Letter April 1

Whitmark

Registered
The Europeian Letter

Former President Writinglegend Retires from Public Service

Former Europeian President Writinglegend retired from public service on Sunday, March 17, in an announcement made in Europeia’s Grand Hall. Writinglegend served Europeia as president more than any citizen in history, as a wartime grand admiral, and he held a slew of minister positions throughout the government over the nearly five years of active government service.

“I am content with the mark I have left on this community,” Writinglegend said as made the announcement to a stunned crowd gathered in the Grand Hall. “I have enjoyed it all – from my nearly 500 days in the presidency, to running our Navy, to growing our regional culture. For now, however, it is time to wave goodbye and set things on auto-pilot.”

Writinglegend likened his retirement to that of a professional athlete who hangs up the cleats when performance begins to dip.

“Much like when veterans in professional sports see a noticeable decrease in their productivity, I too am slipping and notice this change.”

Immediately citizens offered an outpouring of support and thanks to Writinglegend for his years of service.

“There have been few public servants as impactful and passionate as you, Writinglegend,” said Europeia founder HEM. “I hate this, but you have earned this right. I can only hope this marks your transition into an elder statesman role, and not the start of a long (or not so long) goodbye.”

Former president Sopo also offered high praise of Writinglegend’s record of public service in the region. “You are likely the most influential public servant in Europeian history, having served in nearly every position with consistently solid performance,” he said. “You’ve given so much time and energy to this region—if the time has come to step away, you’ve more than earned it.”

Internationally, Writinglegend is well-known as a multiple term president, minister of foreign affairs, and grand admiral. His accomplishments in both the foreign and domestic spheres, where he has served as minister of culture, minister of communications, and minister of interior, have permanently influenced Europeia and the larger NationStates community.

First Minister Rand Settles Into Office

Several weeks after taking office as Europeia’s inaugural first minister, Rand continues to become more comfortable in office. With GraVandius as deputy first minister, Rand is ready to set the path forward for the region.

“With a strong background in our domestic government, I feel well prepared to lead,” Rand said. “I'm familiar with what all the various Ministries are working on, and I feel well-prepared to direct the implementation of our intrepid "Progress People" vision.”

Progress People was the pair’s campaign slogan, and promised to bring the region through the era of reform successfully. Rand’s also feels strongly that his partnership with GranVandius is the right fit for the region.

“GraV and I have worked together in the past, and recently he's proven himself as one of our Republic's respected, younger leaders,” he said. “I'm really glad to have GraV on my team this term, and I think everyone will agree he's the right guy for the job.

As Rand has settled into office as first minister, he has had to work alongside Europeia’s first modern chief of state, Kuramia. As first minister, Rand is the chief of the domestic-focused half of the executive branch. Kuramia serves as the region’s first chief of state, and her portfolio includes the external-facing governmental departments, such as foreign affairs and the Europeian Republican Navy.

Rand already knows how he wants to evaluate his time in office.

“For me, a successful term is just what I outlined in my platform. I want to continue our region's brilliant growth and progress, and set up our future leaders for success.”

Back