Motion to recall El Fiji Grande as Speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
I hereby make a motion that El Fiji Grande, Speaker of the house, be recalled and removed from office as Speaker of the House for his personal attacks, unbecoming of an officer of the Government for personal attacks against an RA and SC member.

To wit: see thread here:

You have my sincere condolences.

I respect that you're defending yourself. I understand the anger. Your contributions to the region are noted - I do not doubt for an instant your loyalty to The North Pacific. But this motion for a recall isn't about that. Your credentials and history were never in question. Your lack of activity and continued failure to endotart are.

I would like to reiterate - this isn't personal. And it certainly isn't trivial either - two years of inactivity is not insignificant. And while I do hold members of the SC to a higher standard, I don't think I need to. I think a valid argument can be made for negligence.

In light of recent events, and noting your current conduct, I have no choice but to continue to support this recall.

I have demanded that this issue goes to a vote, and the Speaker has refused action. I have demanded that this be tabled, and the speaker has refused action.

I have requested that this go to a vote immediately, and the Speaker has refused to act in a defined and competent way.

I have violated no laws, rules or regulations involving being a member of the Security Council, yet the Speaker insists upon a recall despite calls to the contrary.

It is my contention that the Speaker is not competent to hold the office of Speaker of the Regional Assembly and therefore should be removed.

I move that this immediately move to a vote.

Table this, Mr. Speaker and see what happens.

I will not be scheduling a vote on this non-legislative item for the simple fact, as it is written El Fiji Grande is not the Speaker, nor is there a position within TNP called the Speaker of the House.

Petition to add a rule to the RA procedure that designates anyone may be recalled from the office of Speaker even if they do not actually hold said office.

Wow @El Fiji Grande. You have been declared Speaker and recalled in the same thread. Got to be a new record :P
My favorite quotes so far are:

"Greitbart News: Stalwart Defender of Democracy, Roman, Promises Regime Change to Safeguard TNP from its Elected Government" - COE

"I for one am tired of Fiji's speakership. It's like he doesn't even know he has the job or something!" - Wonderess

"I'm doing one at the moment about how El Fiji Grande is the worst speaker we've ever had" - McM

If you see the recall provision to as such then introduce legislation to change the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back