Craviterean-Astissa Conference (Craviter/Collandris only)

Norsia

Registered
Discord
Norsia#3647
A series of emails goes out from Norsia to the various nations of Craviter, where email is not available a letter would be sent instead.

To whom it may concern:

The ancient and storied continent of Craviter has always been a place of strife and violence, of instability and war since time immemorial. Throughout history, numerous attempts have been made to stem these tides, the most recent having occurred barely a year or two ago. It is the firm belief of the People's Commonwealth of Norsia that this cycle must end.

The nations of Craviter are therefore formally invited to send one to three plenipotentiary representatives to Astissa, to assemble in a Conference for the benefit of all of Craviter. It is our solemn hope that our nations can negotiate and reach agreements that favor our nations' infrastructures and economies, preserve the spirit of national sovereignty, and forge a new peace in Craviter the likes of which has never been seen before. Craviter is a rough jewel, but together we can polish it and make it the brightest jewel of all Eras.

We earnestly look forward to hearing your responses.

-Gavriil Callis, Director of Norsian Foreign Affairs.

Response:
R2QhnZd.png

Mr. Callis,

As an advocate for international cooperation, the Crowned Republic of Highton is looking forward to taking part in the conference, and will be represented by two delegates: Jerome Scherrer and Kay Tulayuta. Highton hopes that this will be an opportunity to work towards the ultimate goal of a stable and peaceful Craviter, as well as learn from what went wrong with the Phoenix Union. The CR is excited is work with the other nations of our continent to build a better future.

Antonio Fernández
Secretary of International Affairs, Crowned Republic of Highton

STATEMENT FROM THE SECRETARY OF STATE

Official Response to the Invitation to the Astissa Conference

Craviter is the cradle of many important aspects of modern civilization, whilst simultaneously being the Crowned Lands- the bulwark of numerous ancient traditions. It is for the sake of the legacy of our forefathers that we cannot abandon the quest for peace.

A delegate from the Empire will be in attendance. The Department of State has chosen Deputy Secretary of State Rajat Mirpuri to serve as the plenipotentiary representative of His Majesty's Government.

We earnestly look forward to the proceedings, with hopes that those in attendance can come together to build a better future for Craviter and to secure the blessings of stability, peace, and order for all its peoples.

Rahul Khanna
Secretary of State of the Syrixian Empire

TO: The Office of Gavriil Callis
FROM: The Office of Marc Levett, Director of Foreign Affairs for Callise

In spite of stern objections from certain members of the General Court, Callise shall be sending a representative (to be determined) to this conference in Astissa.

Last edited:
To: Gavriil Callis, Director of Norsian Foreign Affairs.
From: Sabesh Kataras, Kommissar of Arrandalian Foreign Affairs

We received your invitation to a Craviterian Commission and hope to see the fruit of unity grow from this branch of peace. This may very well be the beginning of closer intercontinental cooperation.

However the failure of th Phoenix Union still ways heavily on us, and the petty arguments that tore us apart have not been settled. We fear that this conference would not be in our best interests, so we must decline.

The Waiczyn and the Lords Paramount are in agreement that we would prefer to establish friendships on a one-to-one basis so as to better build relations across Craviter and Eras. However we remain amicable to peace and we are open to meeting with your people to discuss the future of our nations.

OUo8iEQ.png

To: Gavril Callis, Concerning the Conference Invitation
It would be the pleasure of the Stan Yera as a whole to assist in facilitating prosperity among the varied nations of Craviter in order to secure a cooperative and peaceful future. As such, as the Captain of the Diplomatic Corps, I will be sending an ambassador in the name of the Stan Yera to participate in this conference you have suggested.

VQy9R0h.png

Tansa Furam
Captain of the Diplomatic Corps of the Stan Yera​

letter:
7wKAPYn.png

It is a priority of His Majesty's government to secure peace and stability on our troubled continent. Violence and upheaval has held sway in the Crown Lands for far too long. It is because of that sad fact that I am happy to report that both His Majesty and Prime Minister Brandt have enthusiastically supported Prydania's involvement in this project. I will be sending an ambassador on behalf of the Kingdom of Prydania to help build a better future for all on our shared continent.

Sincerely,
Harold Daaé
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Prydania

Message For: Gavriil Callis, the Norsian Director of Foreign Affairs
Message From: Mathis Sadoul, Emmasian Minister of Foreign Affairs

Craviter has always been a place of war and conflict between nations. Emmasia has always been dedicated to peace and diplomatic relations between the nations of Craviter and abroad, and it is warming to see such nations come together for such an occasion. Therefore, it would be an honor to take part in such a conference. We will be sending delegates Élise Laroche and Delano Delabarre to delegation. May peace forever reign on our great continent.

VdTOaZJ.png

To Director Gavriil Callis, Greetings,

The Government of the Principality of Sil Dorsett is interested in observing the conference to determine if multilateral discussions of the nature you've described are viable and in line with our foreign policy. We will be sending Gérard Carpentier, Deputy Minster of International Relations, to Astissa. Mr. Carpentier is only to observe and answer questions. Mr. Carpentier is not authorized to commit the Principality to any agreement. Copies of agreements in which the Principality can ratify late should be sent to our Prime Minister following the conference.

Sincerely,

William Bowers
Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Principality of Sil Dorsett

The day of the conference had finally arrived. The representatives of the invited nations made their way to the old Senate building, a building that has long stood the test of time. Standing tall and older than the monarchy and the modern city around it. The representatives entered the large main assembly room, a spacious square room with a high ceiling with an elevated desk stands flanking the floor from either side, with the speaker podium in the rear center.

Gavrill and Queen Alycia rose from their seats along the back wall to greet the delegates as they arrived.
"Greetings Ladies and gentlemen, representatives of Craviter welcome to Norsia. I hope we can achieve something fantastic here. Her Grace, Queen Alycia has decided to silently observe these proceedings but she will have no role in these discussions." He paused for a moment to catch his breath and continued on. "This conference was called to propose the creation of a Craviterean Economic Community, to promote trade and the collaboration of the building of continental and subcontinental infrastructure. To promote peace and stability on the continent via peaceful non-militant means and to promote the growth of its individual members. All the while utilizing the powers and advantages of non-binding clauses to protect and hold sacred the national sovereignties and the values of its member nations. And with that, I would open the floor to questions."

OOC:
Gavrill is the Foreign Affairs Director/Minister of Norsia

Last edited:
Sonny Kofoed was getting used to Astissa. He'd remained in Norsia as Ambassador following the King's visit and had found the time since filled with the task of building up an embassy.
Most of his aides from Beaconsviði were young, inexperienced. And naive.
Not necessarily bad things, mind you. The old guard in both Prydania and Norsia had gotten their respective nations into the messes they did. Maybe the fresh crop of people who had reasons to try and make things better would do some good?

One of those? Birgitte Vester, his DCM*, sat to his side, thumbing through files. Sonny took a glance at her, and then looked around the room. Seasoned diplomats. And this girl. She was twenty-four, her youth apparent compared to those around her. Only Queen Alycia was younger, but well. Her status elevated her above the comparison.

"I hope this goes smoothly" Brigitte commented.
"A lot of these nations just finished tearing into each other in the Phoenix Union."

Kofoed had to stifle a laugh.
"Oh that disaster. Well thankfully we have our Bergum Pact friends here. Hopefully there's enough common ground."

He sat back as he listened to Gavrill. And leaned into his microphone after he asked for questions.

"Ladies and gentlemen" he began in accented but clear Mercanti.
"I would like to raise the issue of peace. Wars, insurgencies, and political and social upheaval have rocked this continent for some time. As we have finally come to know a degree of peace? I would ask this conference start with a commitment from all member states to peaceful coexistence."

OOC:
*Deputy Chief of Mission, the number two diplomatic officer assigned to an embassy.

A former soldier in the Yeran military, or at least what would form the modern organization, Rânun ƛemsan was now an ambassador and Junior Captain of the Diplomatic Corps. His attendance at the conference was ordered by First Captain Furam, due to his services on the mainland, notably as the current liaison of Yeran interests in Korova, and his unparalleled levelheadedness. He sat now in the conference, a pair of plain spectacles on his nose as he glanced at his laptop while listening to the Prydanian delegation.

Upon Kofoed finishing his introductory remark, ƛemsan spoke into the microphone, his accent clear but evidently unpolished, glancing up to the room at large as he did so, "While I appreciate Ambassador Kofoed's optimism in this scenario and would otherwise agree that acting in such a sense of cooperation is only beneficial, I would note on behalf of the Stan Yera, among certain participating states in this conference, there is an almost certainly an irreconcilable gulf in ideology, and that sincere peace is not practical as long as this gulf stands. For now, however, we would agree to a truce to further our collective goals."

Deputy Secretary Mirpuri turned on his microphone. "Peace and prosperity are very much something to strive for, and this in particular seems like an interesting prospect. I think this idea has the potential to appeal to all Craviterean nations if handled correctly."

"I have some starting questions to ask of this assembly; of the Norsian delegation in particular. How would this organization be run, and who exactly would be eligible to join- just us here or any future applicants? Furthermore, what initiatives will this Craviterean Economic Community take to work towards its goals, and how will these be executed?"

Kofoed leaned back into his mic, looking at the Yeran delegation.

"The only irreconcilable ideologies among the representatives I see here are the ones they don't want to be reconcilable. We cannot and will not get anywhere if we start posturing on ideological grounds. I began with a call for peace and cooperation because I believe, and my government believes, this is what Craviter needs before anything else. Nothing else can be achieved if we do not commit to peace, regardless of our ideological bent. You are welcome to join us in the noble endeavour of seeking cooperation and mutual understanding irregardless of ideology, or you can leave."

Fabien D'Amboise sat relaxed in his chair. Around the table at which he now sat, were representatives from every major nation on Craviter. The prospect before them was the very future of the entire continent of Craviter. D'Amboise could not be happier.

He had spent the last 50 years of his life working to connect Callise to the outside world and build a stronger global community. Yet as he sat around this table, the consistent click-clack of Brice Galopin's typewriter reminded him of his bound hands. For when the Senate approved him as the envoy to the Atissa Conference, the National Sovereigntists had made two demands.
  1. He voice their positions on a variety of issues.
  2. A clerk of their choosing, Brice Galopin, was to be allowed to keep a record of the entire conference.
So, for now, D'amboise waited.

As the Syrixian dignitary finished his speech, D'amboise stood and gave his remarks.

"On the subject of this conference, I think we should have really one goal in mind: international cohesivity. Be this in the form of free trade deals, joint infrastructure, or some sort of peace deal."

The clicking stopped, which surprised D'amboise. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Galopin staring at him and awaiting his next move attentively.

Mr. D'amboise let out a sigh and shuffled through his notes before reading off the demands of the National Sovereigntisits.

"However, I think we need to address this idea of an economic community. We tried such an organization once, and it was called the Phoenix Union," he said, word for word off the script provided to him, "And any attempt to establish such an organization will be denounced for what it is: globalism."

D'amboise collected himself before continuing. "Forgive me for the harsh words, gentleman. But I wish to make something abundantly clear. As much as I want this deal to pass, I can tell you that the Callisean Senate will not sign onto any supranational organization that this conference makes. So if the cohesivity of Craviter is what we have in mind, I implore you all to instead work with us to ratify a trade, peace, and infrastructure deal that may be ratified by each constituent nation. Such a prospect is far more likely to gain the support of certain... legislators... from my nation."

As he finished, he sat down and rubbed his temples. And with each clack on Galopin's typewriter, he progressively became more and more annoyed.

Deputy Secretary Mirpuri sighed internally. This was the National Sovereigntists at it again. Despite that, though, if one got past the rhetoric, a fair point had been made. Deputy Secretary Mirpuri turned on his microphone to speak.

"As the delegate from the very state that founded that organization, I must say that the legacy of its failure is important to consider. The Phoenix Union was an ambitious experiment, and it went too far. We have an opportunity to be more cautious, calculated, and cohesive here. I believe that a Craviterean Economic Community can be both an organization /and/ what you said: a trade, peace, and infrastructure deal subject to ratification."

"I think this adds credence to its name: it would be a community, not a supranational organization that would go to the lengths that the Phoenix Union went to. Craviter is a continent of tradition and sovereignty, and we must take that into account, because last time, it was not. I think we can all agree on this, regardless of what, all due respect, Mr. D'Amboise, certain legislators in your nation, or those in any nation here, support or don't support."

Deputy Secretary Mirpuri then turned his gaze towards the Yeran delegate. He had taken careful notice of the Prydanian delegate's words. Target: Acquired.

"Regarding the idea of a 'truce' from the Yeran delegation, between their country and seemingly the rest of Craviter, the Empire agrees with Mr. Kofoed that 'truces' are not enough. We have a chance here, so it certainly seems, to really make something work. Obstinance, especially on ideological grounds, has so often been the death of reason. I urge the Yeran delegation to put aside such obstinacies, for its own good. If the Stan Yera wishes to truly take part in the goings-on of Craviter, its delegation must do this."

Mirpuri groaned internally. Godless communists, he thought to himself. Stuck with their heads in the clouds, with no care for facts nor logic.

Last edited:
The clicking continued throughout the Syrixian and Norsian speeches. When the Syrixian finished talking, D'amboise stood to offer his rebuttal. Coordinates: Locked.

"I think perhaps you didn't study nearly as well as you should have in University, my dear friend. For if you hadn't been dosing off in Comparative Politics, you would know that an economic community actively legislates on various matters of international commerce."

D'amboise immediately realized his intensity was too firey and scaled back the theatrics.

"I'm sorry, sir, that was uncalled for. But if what you're suggesting is truly an economic community, I can assure you almost no one will sign onto it. The only way forward is through a treaty. One with clear, defined terms that may be amended if need be, but that otherwise remains unaltered," he lectured, "The only way to promote peace across our conference is to recognize that the wounds of..."

The click-clack of the typewriter reminded him of the role he must play.

"...Globalism have not properly healed, and Craviter isn't ready for another international organization. A treaty is far more likely to be signed. And it's not just my legislators that are obstinant! Look across Craviter and you will see scores upon scores of national sovereigntists winning elections across Eras. If we want these people to support our proposals, we need to make them as agreeable as possible. And I hate to admit it, but an Economic Community simply won't appeal to a majority of Craviter."

He sat back down and cautiously awaited the Syrixian's response.

Kofoed winced every time that damn typewriter clicked. Like an echo. Or a bird. Chirping, chirping, chirping!

"If I may interject...what wounds of globalism? I agree, another international organization on the scale of the Phoenix Union is not likely to pass...but surely a union of states agreeing to cooperate on economic matters can function as a middle ground between both the Imperial and Callisean positions, yes?"

D'amboise sighed.

If Only, he thought as the Prydanian attempted to make sense of this madhouse.

"I'm sorry, sir, but that's simply not an agreeable term. Perhaps down the line when certain... issues... resolve themselves internally. But until then, we need only pass a free trade agreement where we collectively sign onto common terms of cooperation."

Deputy Secretary Mirpuri laughed. "I assure you, sir, I take no offense. But it is about nomenclature, and both you and Mr. Kofoed have mistaken what I meant. We do not have to conform to the strict, usual definitions of an economic community. We can invent one in a Craviterean sense, because that innovation is what is needed here. What I am proposing is a treaty, with the framework of an organization so that the signatories of this treaty, present and future, can properly represent themselves to the rest of the world."

"Such an organization would be a union of states as Mr. Kofoed said, but it would be a union of states united solely by their signatory status to and their upholding of a treaty. No governing bodies, presiding officials, or secretariats are or would be necessary. So in short, I am proposing a true middle ground, which obliges all parties involved in an effective manner."

The clicking stopped halfway through the Syrixian's speech. Galopin's jaw was gaping open. The Syrixian had just said the one word the man had prayed would not be uttered. Union. He stared D'amboise right into his eyes, his intense expression communicating to Fabien the vast importance of his next statement.

Fabien D'amboise took the stand.

"I'm sorry, sir, but what exactly do you mean? You say you want a "Union of States" for people to appropriately represent our nation's on the international stage, which in and of itself is an... undesirable prospect," he said, loathing every word he uttered, "But then you turn around and tell us all that such an organization would have no body in which nation's would be given actual representation. Which is it, sir?"

He took a moment to calm himself before continuing.

"Esteemed colleagues, I ask each of you, would it not be much easier to simply sign a treaty now and conceive of an organization later? I promise you, the future is the time for such a change to occur, not now."

"Hear Hear! I say, If we turn this prospect for Craviterean peace, stability and economic growth into an ideological battleground I will not stand for it. If you have such intention you might as well leave now. I do not care if you are a syndicalist or a fascist, or even a straight edge moderate, this will not be the place for it. I will not have this lifeboat sink with the ship."

He paused as he took a sip of his water as he did so he peered over to Alycia in the corner of his eye, noting a subtle nod before looking on to Mirpuri.

"If I may interject as well, the organization that I on behalf of Norsia propose is more to organize a series of treaties and programs to the benefit of the nations that include themselves into them.
Nothing in this organization will be binding. You pick the treaty and program you want to partake in and ignore the rest. I do not care for the Phoenix Union, nor do I intend to try and revive a like-minded organization. it died because it reached too far and forgot its original missions. it died because it offended the national sovereignties that are held so dear in Craviter. I do not care for shared citizenship, I do not care for open borders and shared passports. I care about the growth and stability of Craviter, to no longer be the dumpster fire the world sees us as!"

Gavrill then looked to D'Amboise and his associate. "Monsieur D'Amboise, I don't care if your government denounces us as promoting globalists, I care more for making and receiving the capital required to rebuild my granddaughter's house after the Civil War." Gavrill turns to Galopin. " And there is quite an awful echo from that typewriter, these halls are old you see. I would appreciate it if your associate would change their typing apparatus."

"For godsakes, Brice! Use a damned computer or something!" D'amboise called out loudly.

"Monsieur Callis, I can assure you there is nothing I would like more than to open the door for Callise's numerous investment banks to provide the capital necessary to rebuild your country. But we don't need an economic community to do so. If we simply agree to lower barriers to trade, we can accomplish the same effect while also preserving sovereignty."

Gavrill's gaze returned to D'Amboise as he responded in a softer voice. "We called this Conference to save the effort and time in trying to coordinate and organize every single embassy we have in Craviter to carry on the same message. and in the same vein, we considered it may be in fact in Craviters best interests if an attempt to break the same common ground we could in private delegation occured in a public international delegation.

But I must ask, what is there to lose in an economic community or association? what so far has been said or laid out in this proposed community that would offend Callise's sovereignty? of Norsias sovereignty? I think anyone who has read a Craviterean history book or looks at Norsia today knows that we took National Sovereigntism and turned Norsias blend of it into a militant ideological art form instead of a socio-political science long before it became a popular ideology in Craviter. And regarding what Mirpuri said, let us not get ahead of ourselves.
Norsia does not care for a union, we do not care for a Phoenix Union two-point-oh. we care for an economic forum where wide range agreements and deals can be made with other member states. if you don't like a proposed deal or treaty? don't assent to it and it won't affect you. The Association would be in place to keep the deals organized and streamlined."

"If I did not know better, I'd assume this chamber had turned into a battlefield. Pointless shouting coupled with sounds not unlike the report of rifles to these aged ears. My point was simple - that though a temporary peace may be achieved for now, there are differences that may not be finally resolved by a group of aging fools in a drafty room. Perhaps this was err... lost in translation?

"Past this quibbling over musings of the future, our time is better served discussing what we are each looking for from a treaty, if not an organization. We all return to the Living World eventually, I do not wish to spend my time away from it in a room full of politicians," ƛemsan adjusted his spectacles absentmindedly, not having raised his voice at all.

"As Gavrill has so helpfully demonstrated, it is quite easy to make note of one's desires in such an organisation. I would see more value in such an organisation having perhaps more bite than an elderly snail, perhaps by promoting trade, shipping, and overseas manufacturing to be kept primarily within Craviter."

"If I'm being honest, monsieur, it's really a matter of semantics," D'amboise said whilst rubbing his eyes, "The sentiments of certain members of the Dupont Directorate would not allow us to do so. I can't claim to understand National Sovereigntism, I've been a registered Liberal my entire life, but we need their support on any proposed organization."

D'amboise took a moment to compose himself.

"And I need to ask you, what is so important about an association that a trade deal doesn't provide? Say we establish provisions slashing tariffs on all products between our nations, establish joint regulations, and create economic uniformity across our continent. Would that not be sufficient? We don't need a body constantly ruling on each individual matter of policy, regardless of optionality. That being said, if we may opt-out of all agreements made by such a body, I think certain representatives of our nation may be open to signing on."

D'amboise looked to Galopin for validation. He had a stern face, but he gave a slight nod indicating his approval. And with that nod, D'amboise took his seat.

Gavrill looked over to Alycia who just shrugged. Before he came out with his response. "If I am to answer honestly and personally monsieur D'Amboise, what an association provides that a trade deal doesn't is the atmosphere and grounds to establish a deeper bond than what a trade deal can provide. In a Trade deal, you go in you debate the terms and you either walk out with nothing, a half-satisfied half-cocked one or a full and happy agreement and that's the end of it.
An Association is built on common ground; a seedling of trust you can then nurture, it provides an open door for which to expand into other programs and initiatives of like mind and I believe it can strengthen the bonds and relationships between nations much better than any singular deal cosigned on a piece of paper. I myself, as well as my Queen fully believe that is what Craviter needs to truly achieve the peace and stability it needs. that seedling. If the association does not happen? oh well, an attempt was made but damn if it wasn't an attempt worth making." Gavrill paused for a moment to catch his breath and carried on.

Again, we aren't asking for a Phoenix Union two-point-oh here, we aren't asking for shared citizenship, trying to publish overreaching laws that are binding and not optional. Norsia itself has no intention of agreeing to foreign laws. And on the plus side, an Association would serve as a neat way to keep all of these deals organized. I know Callise is in the International Economic Forum, what is the difference there? If you are willing to join an intercontinental economic association that doesn't cater to your interests because it is so broad surely you are willing to join a continental one that can? Small enough to know you, large enough to serve you."

"Mr. Callis, the International Economic Forum is not actively legislating on Callisean affairs, if it was there would have been more apprehension..."

D'amboise stared at Galopin, now typing on his computer rather than his typewriter, which lay on the floor. He considered his options. The Norsians were correct, this deal is not functionally different from the one currently in place within the International Economic Forum. Yet he knew Aubert would violently oppose any economic community regardless, especially if Callise was complicit in the negotiation. But if Callise was obstructionist in negotiations and got some of what they wanted, the deal could likely be passed. But how could he agree to a deal while also appearing to be against it?

An idea came to him.

"Mr. Callis, I've made our position very clear. If it's the will of the conference that we establish an Economic Community, we will work from there. So, I say we put it to a vote. All those in favor of establishing an economic community, raise your hands."

Deputy Secretary Mirpuri smiled ever so slightly. D'Amboise had stopped mid-remarks and then suddenly became much more conciliatory. This was classic Callisean political chess, and if he was right about what D'Amboise was doing, then Aubert had just been outmaneuvered and D'Amboise had ascended to the fourth dimension.

Deputy Secretary Mirpuri calmly raised his hand.

Deputy Minister Carpentier had been patiently waiting and listening as the others battled on. Already unimpressed by the posturing of some and the attempts by others to seemingly shut the conference down before things even got started, he started to think that being in the room was a waste of time and that there wouldn't be much to report back to Prime Minister Ellison.

But now D'amboise was about to trap him into breaking the rule that was laid out for him: Just observe. Raising his hand would be a vote, as would not raising it. This wouldn't do, so he pulled the microphone a little closer to address the matter verbally and make the Principality's stance clear.

"I want to point out to the gentleman from Callise that although I will not be raising my hand, that does not indicate a lack of interest from the Principality in seeing the formation of such an economic community. I am not authorized to cast a vote in any direction. I was sent here only to observe and report back to my superiors what happens here today."

Last edited:
The two Emmasian delegates sent to the conference mostly kept quiet throughout the whole ordeal. They both silently watched as the delegates discussed on how to settle the deal.

Élise Laroche, the first delegate, finally broke the Emmasian silence. She raised her hand.

"I for one would support such a move."

Élise was a registered Social Unionist for most of her life. She had always believed that international cooperation would be the way to go, and an economic union like the one proposed would definitely be a huge boon to the goal.

"Emmasia has always been trying to promote dialogue between nations. We believe that such a union would help promote peace, cooperation, and economic stability throughout Craviter. "

Delano Delabarre quietly nodded and raised his hand. "I must agree with her. We both believe this would be in everyone's best interests to agree to such a proposal."

Gavrill raised his hand even as he went to respond to the Sil Dorsettian Observer. "That is fine Mr. Carpentier, Your neutral status here is respected. I am happy all the same that you are here."

Scherrer spoke.

"Highton is in favor of some form of economic union. It does, however, echo the concern that if any treaty or union is given too much authority it will likely go the way of the Phoenix Union and collapse. Highton echoes the words of the Norisan delegation and thinks an economic relationship across the continent of Craviter would do much better than solely trade deals in creating peace and stability."

Kofoed merely raised his hand, leaning into the mic to vote.
"The Prydanian delegation supports such a measure."

ƛemsan kept his hand down, glancing about the room, "It is unlike me nor my superiors, or even dare I say my people, to enter into an agreement without knowledge of the terms of said agreement. Of course, this was somewhat expected; sec̣-" ƛemsan caught himself before he completed that train of thought, "there is a tendency to charge to meet one's foe without regard for the surrounding territory amongst the leaders of more southern peoples."

He took a sip of water before continuing, glancing at his laptop as he did so, "This does not mean the Stan Yera can be considered uninterested. If we are presented with a formal plan and have time to review it, you may consider us entirely in support. Consider me of like mind with Ambassador Carpentier," ƛemsan inwardly grimaced at the pronunciation of the name. His Mercanti was not fluent enough to account for names so foreign to his tongue.

Gavrill with his hand still raised looked to ƛemsan and leaned into his microphone. "If you were paying attention, you would know the motion to vote was to vote on whether we should continue the discussions in the vein and setting of forming an organization or not. not to form an organization here and now with the motion. Where is your confusion and apprehensions coming from?"

"I believe Ambassador D'amboise was quite clear in his statement regarding a vote. If he was requesting that we vote to continue talking would he not have said as much rather than imply voting right now for or against some nebulous organization?"

"I believe Ambassador D'amboise was quite clear in his statement regarding a vote. If he was requesting that we vote to continue talking would he not have said as much rather than imply voting right now for or against some nebulous organization?"
"Mr. ƛemsan, we're simply taking a vote on how we shall be framing this discussion. We can't even begin talking about the specific items of this treaty without understanding it's actual nature as either an economic community or as a simple trade agreement. None of what you do right now is going to be binding, I should hope not, I refuse to surrender Callise's sovereignty to any globalist institution, so please stop being obstructionist."

Last edited:
Gavrill looked around counting the raised hands in the room. "considering how many people are actually in attendance, how many are just observing and how many hands are raised and have spoken assent. I think it is safe to say the motion has passed to frame the discussion around a community, rather than a simple treaty, would you agree Monsieur D'amboise?"

"Yes, I concur, Monsieur Gavrill. I'm incredibly disappointed in all of you, but if this is the will of the Council... So be it."

He looked back to Galopin and had to hold in a laugh as he saw the man frown, somewhat disappointed.

"Let's talk about Trade, gentleman. Callise is amicable towards tariff and subsidy reduction but demands the right to place tariffs on the manufacturing industries of other Craviterean nations. What say you all?"

Back