New World

Cynical Plaguebearer

Kardonyszlav
After the Great Plague, the Kardonyszlavic government experienced its first major change since its founding in 1965. This all started with a painting titled: The Scourge of The Land. Depicted in this painting was a village being burned by soldiers after a flu outbreak as death watches over the entire scene. This form of expression and hatred for government atrocities committed during the Great Plague stood in complete and total opposition to Kardonyszlav’s anti-expressionist policies. The name of the hero who created this display of defiance is none other than Joseph Pavlov, the son of the autocrat Karl Pavlov.

Alone, this painting would have been insignificant. But, the anti-expressionist policies of the government combined with the military wanting to save face led to an international manhunt for Joseph Pavlov. Upon hearing of this attempt at assassination, Joseph went into hiding and, from his hiding place, he organized a revolution that would consume Kardonyszlav in fire and change it forever...

This is history in the making...

New World II:
1/26/19
Samoyava, Kardonyszlav

Outside of the Trevyav, (The Capitol Building) a riot is blazing. Hundreds of riot police clash with nearly a thousand rioters. In the smoke of the tear gas, the rioters continue to fight. One of the martyrs hurls a satchel bomb over the police and towards the eastern wall of the Trevyav. The explosion destroys a portion of the wall and distracts the police enough for the rioters to surge forward and storm the Trevyav.

While many of them charged towards the breach, few actually made it inside. The police opened up with machine gun fire and gunned down many of the rioters. The few who made it inside the Trevyav used molotoc cocktails and other makeshift incendiary bombs to light the inside ablaze...

The rioters were no doubt influenced by the ideas and views of Joseph Pavlov. This is the beginning of a revolution...

New World III:
1/27/19
Casualties: 83 Killed
126 Wounded
Damages: $10 million

Today, Karl Pavlov has issued an official statement in response to the terrorist attack that occurred yesterday, 1/26/19.

"The destruction of much of the interior of the Trevyav was caused by terrorists led by Joseph Pavlov. This is unacceptable. These terrorists will pay in their blood. The military and police will be working in the next few weeks to track down the heads of this insurgency and have them shot. This cannot continue."

Graffiti on various posters of Karl Pavlov read: "this is only the beginning."

New World IV:

1/31/19:
After 4 days of silence, it began... Liberators united under Joseph Pavlov’s banner of The Kardonyszalvic Democratization Front (KDF) marched out into the streets with their assault rifles in hand and with freedom on their minds. They killed any police officer or soldier they could see. The streets ran crimson with the blood of oppressors and murderers.

Karl Pavlov has declared war against the KDF. Troops are in the midst of being mobilized all across Kardonyszlav in preparation for this coming civil war. In a matter of hours, the KDF has already eradicated military presence across the rural countryside and in various towns and cities.

It is unknown how long this war will take, but there is no doubt that the KDF will triumph against the oppressive Kardonyszlavic regime...

Last edited:
New World V:
j4koQE4

69aYham.png

Kardonyszlavic Civil War Map as of 2/1/19
69aYham

j4koQE4

Last edited:
New World VIII:
2/11/19
"This is Milo Kolyev with KDF Resistance Radio. I am joined by the leader of the KDF: Joseph Pavlov. He is here to give a message to anyone who can hear it."

"Thank you Milo. Kardonyszlav is falling apart all around us. Day by day, we are crushed under the iron boot of an oppressive regime that aims to silence free speech and use us as tools for the army. I implore anyone who hears this to stop and think about what you are standing for and what you have to lose. Any simple tool can pick up a rifle and use it to heartlessly gun down his fellow man. It takes a true Kardonyszlav to pick up a rifle and use it as a tool to fight back against our oppressors.

Joining us will give you freedom. When we win this war, everyone will have the freedom to do as they choose, say as they choose and die for what they believe in.

Your struggles are things of the past, your squalor is but a waking dream. Now begins the dawn of a new Kardonyszlav..."

New World IX:
2/13/19
GVd7KiP.png

Kardonyszlavic Civil War Map as of 2/13/19
Updates:
- Kardonyszlavic military pushes to capture town of Prezdenya in southern part of Kardonyszlav. This is known as the "Prezdenya Offensive."
- Kardonyszlavic military forces based in Strelograd (northern coast) push to capture radio broadcast station within KDF territory.

New World X:
2/20/19
mMJzNey.png

Updates:

-Strelograd Offensive is rapidly being cut off by KDF forces. Success seems unlikely.
-Prezdenya Offensive is successful. KDF may end up being split in two.

New World XI:
2/25/19
yzdMzmv.png

Updates:

-Strelograd Offensive a failure, Kardonyszlavic military forces surrounded.
-Prezdenya Offensive definite success, KDF victory unlikely.
-KDF push on Samoyava seems likely.

New World XII:
2/27/19

A shocking discovery was made in the aftermath of a recent KDF retreat. In the surrounding area of a KDF village, shell casings not belonging to any Kardonyszlavic-made weapons were discovered. This could mean one of two things: the KDF is manufacturing their own bullets (which is unlikely), or the KDF is using foreign weapons to fight their war. It is most likely that the KDF is using weapons (either bought from, or supplied by) belonging to a foreign power.

While the exact origin of the bullets are unknown, the government suspects that they are the result of a foreign proxy on Craviter.

New World XIII:
3/5/19
bGgudsW.png

Updates:

-Northern KDF strengthened, encircled Kardonyszlavic Military forces destroyed.
-Southern KDF forces divided in two, likely attempt to unite northern and southern KDF in near future.

Investigation of the foreign bullets has yielded no information to their point of origin. Naval blockade considered as means of cutting off supply and finding source of foreign small arms.

New World XVII:
4/1/19

KDF soldiers discovered a crashed K-79 cargo plane bearing Kardonyszlavic insignia. Within the plane were large canisters marked by a biological hazard warning. The purpose of this plane is unknown and the KDF is looking into the issue.

Several conspiracy theories have popped up, from the plane carrying nerve gas to the possibility of an accidental release of a biological weapon.

New World

The place was a damn mess. But, I managed to figure out the mystery behind that crashed cargo plane. The flight manifest reports that the crash occurred on January 5, 2018. It was carrying a biohazard that must have been released by the canisters rupturing during the crash. What epidemic reached its peak on January 12th? That's right, the flu epidemic.

The epidemic that ignited this civil war was not simply the flu, it was a genetic variation of the flu made to be a biological weapon. But, you may ask why a biological weapon was unsuccessful in wiping out the entire population of Kardonyszlav. The simplest explanation is that it was lacking lethal potential and needed to be perfected, hence why it was being transported in the cargo plane.

We will, however, need to get a medical professional on site to verify this theory.

- Vasily Zakhaev KDF Captain, 4/1/19, Official Report to KDF High Command

Last edited:
New World

Official report from the Kardonyszlavic government:
"After heavy investigation about the case of the bullets we discovered belonging to the KDF, our conclusion is that they come from Highton. These casings are an exact match to weapons that are fielded by Highton soldiers.

We will not allow this blatant intrusion into our domestic issue to go unpunished. Once the 'Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front' is defeated, Highton will pay..."

President Calabrese had heard of allegations of Hightonian involvement in the civil war of neighboring Kardonyszlav and been taken aback. He knew nothing of any shipment of weapons from Highton, but the report from the communist government of Kardonyszlav made a statement necessary.

"When the red light turns on, we are live to the world," said the man behind the camera. The teleprompter was turned on. The skyline of Highton City could be seen in the distance in the window behind the desk at which the President sat while the sun began to set.

"Good evening, my fellow Hightonians. Earlier today, the government of the People's Republic of Kardonyszlav released a report claiming that it had considerable evidence that a prominent rebel group within its borders, the Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front, had been using Hightonian weapons in its efforts against the government. As your president, I have sworn to be fully honest and still I aim to fulfill that promise. The Hightonian government was not directly involved in the Kardonyszlavic Civil War in any way, and any use of Hightonian weapons by the KDF has nothing to do with my administration." He now spoke directly to the Kardonyszlavic government:

"On behalf of the Crowned Republic, I'd like to restate the fact that Highton hopes the conflict in Kardonyszlav can be solved peacefully and once again, denies any support of either side. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the Hightonian people. Thank you, and good night."

New World

A radio crackles to life, from it comes the voice of Joseph Pavlov...

"Good afternoon, citizens of Eras. For those of you who may not know, I am Joseph Pavlov, the leader of the Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front. I am speaking to you all today in an effort to address a few allegations and rumors surround our organization and the civil war we are involved in.

First of all, we, the KDF, are not terrorists. We are fighting for freedom from the oppression of a totalitarian regime that seeks to destroy the common man. We have not killed any civilians intentionally, our targets have been strictly military and law enforcement. The death of innocent civilians is deeply saddening, but in times of war this does happen. Our only goal is for freedom from a tyrant.

Second, we are not supported by any outside powers. The majority of weapons we have procured came from international arms dealers. The fact that we possess Hightonian weapons is purely coincidental. We have made no deals with any foreign powers, we do not intend to be the puppet of an outside state.

Thank you for listening."

New World

Excerpt from a speech by Karl Pavlov (4/7/19):

"These people have the audacity to call themselves freedom fighters. I implore you all to not listen to their lies. They are terrorists, they are the group responsible for destroying a national monument after all. They are nothing but a group of murderers, anarchists and rapists.

The Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front, as if we need a 'democracy.' No, we the citizens of Kardonyszlav do not need such a system built upon lies and inequality. All we need is a strong leader who knows all of the wants and needs of the people. Those who stand with me are fighting for truth, conformity and strength.

These terrorists are enemies of the people. They rely, no, they depend on the things sold to them by soulless merchants of death who value material gain above the lives they are responsible for ending. Stand with me and I will take care of your needs, you will not fall the victim of heartless scammers who exploit you for their own wealth.

For those who stand with me, you act as cogs of the grand and powerful machine that is Kardonyszlav. Together, we can prevail against these spineless thugs!"

New World

Excerpt from a speech by Karl Pavlov (4/7/19):

"These people have the audacity to call themselves freedom fighters. I implore you all to not listen to their lies. They are terrorists, they are the group responsible for destroying a national monument after all. They are nothing but a group of murderers, anarchists and rapists.

The Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front, as if we need a 'democracy.' No, we the citizens of Kardonyszlav do not need such a system built upon lies and inequality. All we need is a strong leader who knows all of the wants and needs of the people. Those who stand with me are fighting for truth, conformity and strength.

These terrorists are enemies of the people. They rely, no, they depend on the things sold to them by soulless merchants of death who value material gain above the lives they are responsible for ending. Stand with me and I will take care of your needs, you will not fall the victim of heartless scammers who exploit you for their own wealth.

For those who stand with me, you act as cogs of the grand and powerful machine that is Kardonyszlav. Together, we can prevail against these spineless thugs!"

On the other side of the world in Bosquelandia, the government of this country has seen some citizens who do not conform to the democratic system want to follow the model of the rebels in Kardonyszlav and, for this reason, the president of the nation appears on television national. Through the state channel "Bosquelandia TV".

You see the president on the screen with an expression of anger that says:

"Dear citizens of Bosquelandia, your president of the republic speaks to you in an extraordinary speech, the national government will not allow some extremist citizens to take the example of the rebels in Kardonyszlav as a model to attack the democracy of Bosquelandia, for this reason we condemn the government the communist oppressor of Kardonyszlav for allowing his citizens to reach those extremes, but in our country there are no arguments to follow the example of those rebels, since here there is a democratic state and we are not in a dictatorship as in Kardonyszlav, then, as a government national, we ask that these extremist citizens of our country arrest them for acting against democracy and for the sake of tyranny.

Thank you very much "

(the transmission is cut off)

New World

Karl Pavlov: "It has been two weeks since the fighting stopped. They must be planning something."

Soldier: "Sir, we have received a message from the KDF. They say to tune our radios to frequency 103.1"

Pavlov: "Do it."

The radio was tuned to 103.1 and from it emerged a familiar voice.

"Hello. Hello. Hello. This is Milo Kolyev, the current host of Resistance Radio, Kardonyszlav's most popular radio station. Today, we have a special guest with a message to Kardonyszlav's military. Take it away, Vas."

"Thank you Milo. My name is Vasily Zakhaev, I am a Captain in the Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front. Fifteen days ago, my unit and I discovered a crashed cargo plane containing ruptured containers marked by biohazard signs. At first, we had many questions about them. Yesterday, we received an answer. A defector told us that this particular K-79 was transporting biological weapons, specifically, KBW-I. "KBW" stands for Kardonyszlavic Biological Weapon. "I" stands for Influenza."

"So, what does this mean? Please explain."

"This means that the flu epidemic that occurred right before the start of the war wasn't just a regular infection, but was caused by our own government trying to cover up their mistakes. We were lied to. Would you trust a government that poisoned its own people? See these liars for who they are, bureaucrats trying to control the public for their own gain. Rise up."

(End of Transmission)

New World

bs3OSTC.png

The cease-fire was broken when the Kardonyszlavic military and the KDF exchanged fire. In the past 3 days, there has been non-stop fighting all over the nation. However, the end may be near. Samoyava is almost surrounded.

A young intern named Sam Elby prepared to leave the headquarters for the evening. She had applied for an internship at the office of Head of the Armed Forces of Highton, Luca Brückmann, and started about a week prior. She walked past Brückmann’s empty desk and accidentally bumped into his chair. The computer was on, with Brückmann‘s emails visible. When she had bumped into the chair, some of her pencils had fallen out of her bag and onto the desk. One thing in particular on the screen caught her attention— it was an email which had already been read and responded to you… it’s origin was the Kardonyszlav Democratic Front. Sam checked over her shoulder to see if her boss was in the room. She did not see him and clicked on the email. The email included information revealing that the Head of the Armed Forces has been selling weapons directly from Highton to the KDF. She clicked off of the email and quickly took her bag and went home for the night.

New World
4YkvL5R.png

Samoyava has been surrounded. The military and the city's residents have prepared for a siege. The KDF has managed to surround the city before Karl Pavlov could escape, intelligence confirms that Pavlov has taken shelter in a military base in the center of Samoyava. No official statements by the KDF were made in the past week.

Last edited:
New World

"We have been cut off from the outside world for eight days. We have enough food to last us about a week. Day and night, the shells keep falling. We have received orders from high command: defend the city to the last man, ignore the lies you hear on the radio. I'm not sure how much longer I can stand this..."

-Diary Entry 5/7/19

New World

"Abandon your posts! Abandon your army! Abandon all hope! All is lost!"
- Unknown KDF soldier 5/13/19

Patience has run out for the Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front. Today, the Battle of Samoyava has begun. The streets are filled with the constant roar of gunfire and the piercing screams of the dying. This was unlike most of the battles waged between the KDF and the Kardonyszlavic military, the fight was waged building by building. Several breakout attempts by the Kardonyszlavic military have been met with failure, the city is still cut off.

The streets run crimson with blood.

New World

11 : 06 AM

The brutal fighting in Samoyava has concentrated itself on Encampment 3A (the military base that harbors Karl Pavlov). The Kardonyszlavic military has seen no outside relief. It is only a matter of time before the military's chain of command tears itself apart.

Joseph Pavlov has stated that he will be travelling to the combat zone in three days to make a statement...

Last edited:
New World

The KDF forces in Samoyava had a new commander. Fresh from his promotion, General Vasily Zakhaev arrived in the war-torn city today with a simple order to all KDF soldiers in the city: "keep fighting."

All Kardonyszlavic military forces in Samoyava have converged on Encampment 3A in an effort to defend their leaders. Rumors are surfacing about the Kardonyszlavic military and another possible attempt at breaking through the KDF lines and relieving the city, however, the accuracy of these rumors are debatable at best.

New World
This morning, Joseph Pavlov arrived in Samoyava via helicopter. The leader of the KDF was reported as saying “this country is plagued by oppression, today we might finally put an end to it.”

The brutal fighting around Encampment 3A has not ceased. However, it is unlikely that the Kardonyszlavic military will be able to hold out for long due to decreasing morale and nonstop combat. The nonstop fighting is a double edged sword, as the reserve KDF forces around the city are dwindling.

Reports of a possible attempt at breaking through to Samoyava by the Kardonyszlavic military are still unknown.

Last edited:
New World
16 : 11

After being dragged to the center of Samoyava, Karl Pavlov came face to face with his son. After nearly a minute of silence, Joseph said: "you are responsible for the deaths of more than a million Kardonyszlavics, what do you have to say?"

"I have no words for dogs like you."

With that, Karl Pavlov was shot in the head.

New World
5/19/19

Standing behind the podium, Joseph Pavlov looked over the crowd. The cameras were rolling and his message would be broadcast all across the world.

"My name is Joseph Pavlov. Months ago, I witnessed my beloved country be ravaged by what I had thought to be the flu. Little did I know, this mysterious outbreak was caused by a biological weapon created by the old regime to control, murder and oppress the people. In response to this merciless genocide, my allies and I banded together to form the Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front. Together, we waged war against the army of a man who hated both his country and his family. After long, tireless months of struggle and brutality, we have claimed victory. Now that we have won, Kardonyszlav will change for the better. Starting this month, my party and I will assume the role of government and announce changes as we make them. Thank you all for listening, and until next time we speak, farewell..."

New World
5/20/19

Today, the national flag of Kardonyszlav has been revealed by the government. According to Pavlov, the flag was originally for the KDF but he feels as though it works as a representation for the values of the nation as a whole.

aoPs9xV.png

"Forged in fire, bound in blood."
- Motto of the Kardonyszlavic Democratic Front

New World (Finale)
5/21/19
Today, the KDF has gone through a name change and has become the Kardonyszlavic Democratic Party (KDP). Along with changing their name, the KDP have heavily demilitarized and created the Kardonyszlavic National Army. After the death of Karl Pavlov and the Fall of Samoyava, the Kardonyszlavic military has surrendered and the Kardonyszlavic Civil War has officially ended. The interim government has stated that they plan on holding and election sometime next month, but the exact date remains unknown. Until then, Joseph Pavlov will remain leader of the country. Citizens of Kardonyszlav wait expectantly for news about their future.

Joseph Pavlov has made the decision to legally change his name in order to distance himself from his dictator father and the previous regime. He now goes by Joseph Lazarev.

"Stand proud, you citizens of Kardonyszlav. Stand and realize that the tyrants of yesterday are no more. Today, they have been replaced with leaders who listen to the people and put the people first. We have forged ahead as a nation, tearing off the chains of the tyrannical old world and embracing the liberty of the free world. Together, we have truly forged a new world..."

Back