Mondic Presidential Inauguration 2019 [CLOSED]

20 January 2019
From the Capitol Building in the RM
The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and the crowd is stirring with excitement. As the sun beams down from behind the Capitol building, the President-elect, Bernard Roman, along with Chief Justice Jacob Andrews, stride from the inside of the Capitol building to a podium raised above the crowd of eager citizens. Behind the President-elect stands the heads of the various cabinets and many leaders of the Mondic military.
Exhilarated by the cheering of the crowd and energized by the gorgeous weather, President-elect Roman stands parallel to the Chief Justice and raises his right hand to recite the oath of office

"Are you prepared to take the oath, Mr. Roman."

"I am."

"Let's begin then"

Chief Justice Andrews begins the oath

"I, Bernard Jacob Roman, do solemnly affirm"

"I, Bernard Jacob Roman, do solemnly affirm"

"That I will execute rightfully and lawfully the Office of President of the Republic of Mondari to the best of my abilities"

"That I will execute rightfully and lawfully the Office of President of the Republic of Mondari to the best of my abilities"

"And to the best of my abilities preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of these States to the best of my abilities from all threats that may appear"

"And to the best of my abilities preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of these States to the best of my abilities from all threats that may appear"

"Congratulations Mr.President, the nation stands with you and we all hope you do a fantastic job"

Chief Justice Andrews and President Roman shake hands and the Chief Justice walks off to the side, towards the cabinet leaders.
The newly sworn-in President looks to the crowd and prepares to address them by straightening his tie and stepping forward

"Thank you for your support, my fellow citizens. I thank President Milton for his support of my inauguration and his faith in my abilities. This mighty nation has held together throughout thick and thin, in dark times and bright days. The economy is growing, the military is more capable than ever, we have more allies now than we have had in a very long time. However, despite the prosperity of our wonderful nation, all is not right in the world; there are nations that are mired in conflict, there are nations that are beaten and battered. We should use our prosperity to help these nations, we cannot sit idly by while people suffer. I will use my time in office to help people that are suffering across the world. I will commit myself to reach out to the governments of these nations in order to help them get out of the darkness that has wrestled its slimy fingers around the throats of nations across the world. I hope that every citizen will join me in this effort. Thank you"

The crowd erupted into cheers as President Roman waves and walked off into the Capitol building.

The crowd slowly disperses over time and the Capitol building slowly quiets into a dull murmur.

Last edited:
Back