-
-
Pronouns
He/They/Any
TNP Nation
Frances_Francis_the_First_of_Frances
Discord
Just_a_Lore
1. What law, government policy, or action (taken by a government official) do you request that the Court review?

The actions of the Election Commission in not restarting the January 2019 General Election when an invalid name was put on the ballot and the declaration that every vote to would be counted as having typed "abstain" when none of the people who had cast a vote had actually issued an abstention and had issued votes for a candidate and against other candidates.

2. What portions of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Legal Code, or other legal document do you believe has been violated by the above? How so?

Legal Code 4.2.6
"Abstentions" are not votes for or against any candidate, and may not be used to determine the results of any election. They may be used for quorum, activity, or other purposes.

Legal Code 4.4.28
If during any voting round for a given race a candidacy becomes invalid, then the voting round for that race will be promptly restarted with any invalid candidacies excluded from the new ballot.

3. Are there any prior rulings of the Court that support your request for review? Which ones, and how?
This issue has

To my knowledge, the issue of the Election Commissioners adding invalid names to ballots and retroactively declaring all votes for the invalid candidate to be something completely different has not yet been heard by the court.

4. Please establish your standing by detailing how you, personally, have been adversely affected. If you are requesting a review of a governmental action, you must include how any rights or freedoms of yours have been violated. If you are submitting this request in your capacity as the Attorney General or their designee, please note that here instead.

I originally cast my ballot for the invalid candidate only to be notified hours later that I had inexplicably cast a vote for an abstention, even though I had clearly voted FOR a candidate and AGAINST other candidates something which an abstain can not be as per 4.2.6.

5. Do you have any further information you wish to submit to the Court with your request?

No

After further consideration and consultation with others, I have come to the conclusion that voluntarily changing my vote severed what standing I could have claimed on this topic and while it is highly unusual to do so I withdraw this R4R

Last edited:
Back