Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
To: Archbishop Alfrekt auf Larflaeg

My dearest brother Alfrekt,

Aela’s grace upon you, and the Erujakir guide you. I know this letter will come as a strange correspondence and you’ll be very curious as to its contents. Truthfully I have felt much trepidation at sending you this letter but I have been moved by Aela and as you will agree, when he speaks we must all listen, even I.

I have often sat in the Augur’s tower and pondered that empty chair, draped in black cloth, that has sat as a symbol of loss to the ‘true’ church. What makes this church true? There is no truth in emptiness. For what is true about an empty chair? No I think our theological differences that created a rift between our respective congregations has little to do with truth and everything to do with stubbornness. Mine, my predecessors, even truthfully yours, if you will pardon me for being blunt. Stubbornness is a foolish trait of man but undeniably ‘true’. In its own right.

But I serve Aela and pride and stubbornness should never supersede that truth. And one truth above all others, above all our differences, stands starkly before me. We are all brothers and sisters in Aela. Does this theological difference between us matter? Greatly, but It pales under the light of Aela’s love that dwells over us. And these differences should be discussed, be understood, be thought over.

Let us mend this long standing schism. Will you come to the Augur’s tower and speak of your faith, and hear of ours? Will you join me in building bridges? Let us share our love for Aela and let our differences be understood.

I await your response dearest brother.

Until the world turns,
Allfather Aeltag IX

From a speech by the Archbishop of Taeberus:
I have decided to accept Allfather Aeltag’s invitation to Dolgelleth. This was not an easy decision for me, though if I was a man of stronger character it should have been. I prayed for guidance but I already knew the will of Aela.

‘All are our brothers,’ his words say. And this is true of the Avalustians, despite our theological differences. Perhaps this will not mend our schism but it could be the start of mutual understanding and that I know is Aela’s will.

Aelostians do not hate others because they worship a different god, so why then have we allowed hatred for those who share our god? Perhaps it is easier to hate those who are similar to us. Whatever the case our differences of belief should not be reason for our continued animosity.

There will be a council in Dolgelleth and as Aela’s representative of the followers of Teid’s teachings, I must be there. I will not be the one who passed up the opportunity to make peace.

There was no handshaking, no great speeches, no postering. Only eleven leaders meeting together, a few friendly words, some greetings of respect, and then the doors to the Allfather’s tower was sealed.

Allfather Aeltag XXI lead them up the staircase to the Room of Wisdom where they would speak. Each of the Augurs took their seats, Alfrekt gingerly sitting upon the black cloth draped over the one that once represented Esplandia. It had been vacant so long he felt like an intruder, but the other Augurs clapped their hands once as he sat.

Next to the Allfather’s chair, an extra seat had been set. The young Byeort det Elgenborn, Abbot of Errantsberg and nominal leader of Esplandia’s Avalustians, sat next to the Allfather. He had been performing the duties of the now defunct Augur of Kaenland.

All the Augurs were present, and Alfrekt made sure to look at each in turn.

Briga auf Shaerkgaet, Augur of Nal Avulandieg (Hastenfrakta).

Aefuld Aeldriksen, Augur of Anegburn (Lothel-Dutia).

Gertruda Numandalieghaer, Augur of Austrugeord (Alstenbek).

Margerraet Kerwinsen, Augur of Vestrugeord (Meregwuold).

Vulfrik Gyeortsen, Augur of Sal Avulandieg (Gothelif and Saegsen).

Traeguld Smitfaerger, Augur of Metlamaerlund (Aerndreffed).

Rothgar Karlsen, Augur of Adorsaeraem (Austalgotha and Strasberg).

Ulfguld Felgersen, Augur of Dalkaegn (the Dalkaegns).

Three women and five men, each responsible for the spiritual wellbeing of the people of the Vestrugat. Alfrekt prepared to do what was necessary to make peace with them all.

“Shall we begin?” Asked the Allfather.

The council of Dolgelleth has officially decided on a number of issues. The council is the first in what will hopefully be a much longer process of healing between the Avalustian and Teidastian churches. The issues which have been decided upon are:

1). The seat of the Augur of Kaenland will be restored back to Eborum, and Byeort det Elgenborn, the current Abbot of Errantsberg, will take up the position and all its duties and responsibilities.

2). The Teidastian church shall no longer be considered apostate, but a divergent sect, and all followers of Teid shall be allowed all rights and privelages as are granted to all true believers, including the right to petition the Allfather, the right of sanctified burial, writs of charity, and the right to church services.

3). The Archbishop of Taeberus will be recognized as leader of the Teid Sect and will be considered equal in position to an Augur.

4). There will no longer be a division between Avalustians and Teidastians. There will only be one church: the Aelostian Church.

By the Grace of Aela and the authority of the Allfather, it is so deemed.

Back