Ninhundland

TNPer
TNP Nation
Ninhundland
Discord
Folkmann #5587
December 13, 2018
Ninhundish Foreign Affairs Ministry regarding Embassies

Today is day of recognizion of the new Prydanian Government. The Federal Republic of Ninhundland officially recognizes the Kingdom of Prydania as a sovereign nation. All diplomatic ties from now on with Prydania are to be with the current government of the Kingdom of Prydania, unless said so otherwise. The Prydanian Syndicalist Embassy will no longer be in service as we no longer recognize that state and it will be changed to accommodate our recogniztion of the Kingdom of Prydania. We hope that in the new year plans can be made that bring our nations closer together and relations can be built.

To the Prydanian Government,

Today, December 13, 2018, the Federal Republic of Ninhundland recognizes you as a legit country. Official diplomatic ties can now begin between our nations and we are excited to begin this journey. Ninhundland is an economic powerhouse and is open to trade and economic missions abroad. As Prydania is being built up, we’re interested in expanding trade and Ninhundish economic influence to you nation. We hope the best and look forward to starting sometime in the new year.

Signed,
Brent Fauchern, Prime Minister of Ninhundland

Beaconsviði was bustling, and tensions were thick enough that the falling snow seemed to slow down in the air. The airport was quarantined off as government officials prepared to meet incoming Ninhundish dignitaries, and yet so much more was happening.

"Not even a month after Jannik Leiftur was found guilty of his crimes and the government of Prydania is willing to meet with the Ninhundish government of Brent Fauchern" Ari Bohr, Gadol of the Prydanian Shaddaist community, said at a makeshift podium at a rally just outside the restricted zone at Beaconsviði International Airport. Before him stood a sizable crowd, holding signs in Prydanian Makari, Mercanti, and Ninhundish. Even a few in Yihuddi. All saying variations of the same things.... "Say NO to anti-Yihuddism" or "NO racism in Prydania."

Bohr himself was not the public speaker sort. He'd gained his position during the latter days of the Syndicalism regime, when he proved himself to be a quiet but comforting hand to those Shaddaists who were negatively impacted by the Syndicalist efforts to punish the community for its religiosity. He wasn't a bombastic man. Not even particularly charismatic. Yet he had a calm, measured tone when he spoke, a voice that seemed to ride the wave of a crowd steadily.

"It wasn't so long ago that the Prime Minister of Ninhundland was Donnie Huhrmann" the crowed murmured, "a man who publicly stated that those of our faith and of the Yihuddi lineage were inferior, not fully human. Prime Minister Fauchern is supposed to be different. I ask you though. Is a silent man any different from the despot he follows, if the silent man does not comfort those the despot hurt? Is the silent man praiseworthy if he merely refrains from behaviour we know poisons the soul? Or do all of us, Prime Minister Fauchern included, have a moral duty to strand up and confront injustice and ignorance?"
The Gadol's voice didn't rise, he didn't appear angry. He spoke almost as if he were engaging each and every member of the crowd in a private conversation.

"Mr. Huhrmann was a poisonous man. Not for the blood in his veins or the ancestry of his forefathers. He was a poisonous man because he held poisonous ideals. His successor owed it to everyone Mr. Huhrmann denigrated to say 'enough is enough, I will be different. I am a better man.' He has not though. He has not."

He looked up at the crowd, the signs in the air, the police keeping the peace, all against the grey skies of January in Beaconsviði.
"And so we find ourselves as Prydanians of Yihuddi extract, of Shaddaist faith, having seen justice done. Jannik Leiftur will rot in his cell for the remainder of his days for his role in spilling the blood of our innocents. And yet our new government meets with a government of a nation that has made it clear that we are unworthy of human dignity."

He paused again, and took a deep breath.
"I respect that Prime Minister Brandt and His Majesty feel that building bridges is paramount. Surely it is, most times. I ask though, is it today? We are Prydanians too, are we not? And as Prydanians we have the moral duty to implore our government to reconsider. To say 'no' to a government that denigrates its fellow man. As Prydanians we have a duty to ask that much of our government and our King. We can, and we should, ask for that level of respect and decency."

"What is this?" Magnus Brandt asked as Harald Daaé, his Minister of Foreign Affairs, handed him a newspaper. The Prime Minister scowled as he read the front page. It was the latest issue of Yedioth, the leading newspaper of the Prydanian Shaddaist community. The graphic on the front page was split two ways; on the left was Magnus Brandt in front of a gold background representing the Free Democratic Party. On the right was Tenna Nygaard, new leader of the Conservative-Agrarian Alliance, against a teal background.
Mrs. Nygaard's side was emphasized with phrases like "Promises to root out Syndicalist agitation against Shaddaist community," "Declares unequivocally that racism has no place in Prydania," and finally "Says NO to Ninhundland."
On Brandt's side? Just a single word. "Silence."

"Why are you showing me this Harald?" Magnus shook his head, "why now?"
"We need to prepare. The Opposition has been making hay of this meeting since we agreed to it. And now this blasted Ninhundish poll. We need to get out in front of this if we're going to make progress with the Ninhundish and fend off attacks from across the aisle."

"Well you're the blasted one who worked out the details Harald" Magnus signed.
"How do you suppose we do that? People ready to believe we're somehow fine with anti-Yihuddi sentiment aren't going to be swayed by anything I say."

"You haven't said anything Magnus, that's the problem" Harald replied bluntly. "You're a diplomat. How can you not see that ignoring the issue is causing problems?"

"I'm not ignoring it" Magnus said as he stood up, straightening his jacket and grabbing his cane as he prepared for the meeting with the soon-to-be-arriving Ninhundish delegation.
"But we can, and should, reach out to everyone we can. It's not my fault that some people confuse diplomacy with condoning Ninhundish attitudes, whatever they may be."
"Given everything that happened though, during the War..."
"Harald, I appreciate your caution, but passions will subside when people see we're not saying these Ninhundish attitudes are acceptable. People just need to understand that diplomacy is diplomacy."

"I assume this means you'll refuse Gadol Bohr's request for a meeting then?" Marius Bjørn, Press Secretary of the Prime Minister's Office, asked.
"No, I'll meet with him" the Prime Minister replied. "I just...put out a statement. We'll meet to discuss the matter after the Ninhundish delegation has departed."

"Is that all?" Magnus asked, turning to Harald. Harald looked worried. Magnus was usually a pleasant sort, but the controversy over this visit had taken its toll. His temper was shorter than it had been in years.

"It is Magnus, yes."

"Alright, shall we then? Onto meeting new opportunities."
"There it was" Harald thought, Magnus' optimism. He just wished he could be as optimistic as he followed the Prime Minister out onto the tarmac.

Last edited:
The day had finally come, Prime Minster Brent Fauchern got on an arranged flight from Frankthorf Eiselmann Airport to Beaconsviði. He was looking forward to meeting with the Prydanian Government to discuss matters of trade and economics however he couldn’t help but be considered on how this mission might go.

Krista Fehler, Minister of International Trade, noticed that Brent seemed to be tense. “Is there something bothering you?”, she asked feeling a bit concerned that he may be like this for the rest of the flight.

Brent was silent for about a minute but then answered her, “This is an very important mission, one that I’m greatly existed for yet at the same time I can admit that there’s some anxiety in me.” He took a few deep breaths before speaking again. “Our relations with Prydania have been close to neutral due to lack of much diplomatic contact. Although the last mission we had during their civil war, if you can remember, didn’t end up well.”

Krista responded by mentioning, “I do, and yes though the Prydanian Government understood that it was a mistake and that the orders from our military for the men to be armed in Beaconsviði was a misunderstanding.” We worked it out and acknowledged our mistake.

Brent nodded and had began to feel more calm. The whole controversy due to the debate of the legal and ethical use of forced labour as a legit punishment for severe crimes following the accusations of Achmar Abdösel had brought Ninhundland in the face of some condemnation from other nations making the Ninhundish government look instable by many. The mess that brought about had to be dealt with Mr. Abdösel currently been locked up until farther notice. Prydania wasn’t one of the nations that had anything to say on the matter which meant there wasn’t much in the way of building strong relations. That didn’t matter though as it was a problem that he had been solving with his government.

Aside from the memories of the last mission to Prydania, all was well. It was the first time he had traveled to Cravitar since taking office. Having visited Maloria over a dacade ago.

The plane had reached far above the clouds by this point. Which were pretty high up in the sky that morning. Before leaving Frankthorf, the morning had been quite cold yet sunny. Although the mercury had measured -11° just before leaving the bright sunshine reflecting off the snow covered buildings and landscape around Frankthorf Eiselmann Airport was beautiful winter day. In stark contrast to the overcast and gloomy days typical for this time of year.

As soon as the plane began to land, the snow falling outside the window and onto the fields below looked not to different from many parts of Ninhundland at this time of year. From one wintery land to another after just over 6 and 1/2 hours in the air, the plane descended toward the runway of Beaconsviði International.

After the meeting with the Prydanian Government and a few days touring Beaconsviði, the Prime Minister felt more calm as the meeting had gone well and there wasn’t much tension towards the Ninhundish involving the 2017 incident of armed forces marching through the capital. During the meeting, Ninhundish industrialization was brought up which sparked interest as it would benefit their development and Ninhundish foreign investment.

Dispite the capital looking developed, it was a obvious that large parts of Prydania were still poor in need of aid to recover.

“If it is safe to do so, I would like to go on a tour of Prydania visiting Haland as well as some smaller towns.”, Brent told his delegates. “I will request this Mr. Daaé tomorrow as I want to see what life is like for many Prydanians who are living under the poverty line. We can make a difference, this mission isn’t all about us.”

Back