[Inaius] The Rise of an Empire, A Palace of Power and A New Hope

Guyomartand

Registered
The dark, grey palace looked over the small, slums housing the poor, which made up 67% of the population of 'The Home', the capital world of the Union. Skyscrapers that housed the important, the aristocratic, the minds of an Empire...

The lucky...

However, no tower, building or monument could surpass the Vaskibir Palace. A colossal, stone fortress of labyrinth-like corridors, stairs, and lifts. A small city was always at work in this contraption. Most who worked deep inside the Palace, working as Administrators, Servants, Nobles never left the confines of their offices, forever toiling to serve the Union and it's leaders. Each major people had their own sections in the Palace, each as large as a castle that would surpass even the mountains. However, in the middle of the palace lay the Chamber, and the Room. The Chamber was where all the Oligarchs, numbering in the 100s, met to discuss politics, bribe and seduce with other Oligarchs. However the Room was a different place, it was where the Chancellor of the Tyreskian Chamber lived, slept, worked and led. And currently it was Hilok Sysgiol the New, it was amazing he even got the job, with the corruption that was ever present in decisions. He looked at the capital from his room, The Room. He looked at the small skyscrapers and the brown dots, with green and grey tinges on the top, that were the slums of the Union. How did I get here? The most important figure in the Union? I should have been knocked out of the running by the veterans of this game... He thought endlessly. However, it didn't matter how or why he got there. It was how he would lead, and why he would bring glory to this union.

Then, out of nowhere, his Hvargnic, his appointed vice-leader burst into the room. He was Field Marshal Fklorait Cheahk the Feared. Apparently so as he fought in the frontlines when he was a general, slashing at the enemy forces with his sword in hand, surrounded by enemy troops, before being evacuated and becoming a war hero to the public. However, those days were over, he was too old to be commanding at the front. He was 75, ge had a great career. Maybe it was him? He is loved by the people and by the military... Maybe that made me leader... Hilok thought. However, Fklorait placed down a map of the Union. It wasn't much, however possible enemies lay around the Union. The Ghrol to the North, and the Seizon Empire to the West. "Our Empire is currently boxed in, we've got no escape from this box. We'll either have to punch through an Empire to reach open space, or we just wait to build our strength" Fklorait bluntly stated to Hilok.
Hilok thought once again about the situation. "We have strong Empires to our Northern Perimeter and our Western Perimeter. We must militarise and progress our technology. Otherwise we stand no chance in this cruel galaxy of unimaginable terrors. Do we not?" Hilok replied. Fklorait nodded in agreement. "As Order #001 of my leadership of the Union, announce the construction of the United Void Fleet to protect the Union. And by Order #002 of my leadership, announce the creation of multiple armies on all colonised planets of the Union" Hilok continued. "That is all" he finished. And with a quick bow to Chancellor Hilok Sysgiol, Fklorait left the Room to let Hilok brood and strategeise in peace...

Back