How did you name your nation?

Well my RP nation Sutherland has existed in my personal imaginative lore for a while and is actually a very dark place in that version. I originally heard the name from Star Trek: The Next Generation when the USS Sutherland joined the Enterprise and other vessels to form a blockade to keep Romulan reinforcements from aiding a rebellion in the Klingon Empire. I like the way the name sounds and so used it as part of my imaginative musings.

As mentioned in my first post in this thread I have literally no idea why it’s called Highton. It goes back to a school project in 6th grade, which at that time came from me as a child pretending to have my own country and the reason it was called Highton have actually have no clue. This memory has been unfortunately lost to time, but the name stays.

Random idea. I joined NS while half asleep in the library next to a buddy who was in some no-name UCR.

I wanted my nation to start with a A, so if I ever tied with another nation for most endorsements given out I would win the WADP award because of alphabetical order.

When Great Bight was delegate and prone to go on banning sprees, I created this nation, thinking he wouldn't have the heart to ban his own mother. (He didn't)

Re-used the name from an old Animal Crossing: New Leaf town (and the capital city, Hyacinth City, is another ACNL re-use). The name itself, Ibiscaton, is a purposefully-mangled spelling of "Hibiscus Town" so that it would fit in length restrictions. Honestly, I just really like flowers. They're a good aesthetic, and make for great names..

Last edited:
Every computer (7) I own is named Terra(insert word here) on my here. The nations I make in RTS and TBS games follow some form of that. When I found out Terra was taken on nationstates, Taerrus became my nationstate, thus naming my Eras nation Im working on Taerrun. Originally original name of the first pc I built being in highschool TerraF*** for the F ton of storage being 3 Terabytes at the time. Terra being the Latin word for Earth or land I found it to be well suited for a nation name.

Last edited:
my country name is from famous anti retro viral drug's name. Ironically is a pun for "you are infidel" in my language

Back