Regarding Recent Events

Andrew

TNPer
Well, this caught me off guard. One minute I'm trying to get into the groove of things again, the next I'm being levelled with allegations of espionage and judged a security risk. Not the best way to come back into NS. I've had to do a bit of failed grave digging in various threads, as I can't remember too well the details of what was happening at the time but I think I've got the gist of it.

Back then, as some of you know, I was a bit of a cosmopolitan: holding positions in various regions, and at the time of this issue I was simultaneously The North Pacifics Home Affairs Minister and Balders Minister of War. Now I think there was a bunch of other stuff but the main point was that Rach, in her capacity as Queen of Balder, issued a decree which dissolved Balder's elected legislative assembly. In TNP, the issue was whether her actions were legitimate/legal and whether the new regime would be the lawful successor of the previous one thus maintaining the treaty. TNP was looking to repeal. I thought that was a bit much considering technically what Rach did was legal albeit not consistent with the ideals of democracy. Below are the two posts I made regarding the issue:

aMx5JHg.png

EjEAuxF.png

Now my guess is the fact that I mentioned I was a member of the TNP Cabinet at the time, thus imply what I'm saying wasn't known (plus potentially other stuff) thus the espionage allegations but that is not the case.

SM6XH8o.png

I wasn't the one who brought it to Balder's attention that TNP was considering a repeal or that there seemed to be a misunderstanding as shown in the above OP for the discussion thread. You didn't have to be a member of the Cabinet to see that there was a misunderstanding. I even said in my first post that I cannot go into detail about what TNP was doing, so you know I didn't commit espionage. Regarding my 2nd post where I was asked to clarify, I clarified the procedure and the text written in the Constitution which was and still is public.

I understand that recent revelations about the NPO and Balder have highlighted just how exposed GCR democracies are to concentrated efforts of infiltration and may be influencing suspicion about me; I'm sure it has crossed the minds of some people, given this whole thing, that I may have had ulterior motives here in TNP and perhaps even I'm being judged guilty until proven innocent. Don't blame you I can see where you're coming from. But I have never committed such acts against TNP. Despite my activities elsewhere, I've always considered TNP my home and as the expression goes, you don't shit where you eat (but that looks like its too late now). At the time I did not consider this espionage and still don't but now see it as bad judgement on my part for being part of two different Cabinets that were in the midst of a diplomatic issue so exposing me to conflicts of interest, so I should have either resigned either position or completely kept out of it.

However, I would like to apologise. Espionage or not, I have obviously lost trust in this region as a result of this and probably my reputation not just here but across NS has taken a hit. I hope to be given the chance to rectify this with time, but right now I'm willing to answer the questions you have.

Last edited:
What made you think making a post in your capacity as a TNP Cabinet in a private subforum of Balders was at all appropriate?

Further to that, were there any other instances in which you operated in this way, as an asset of Balders within TNP's cabinet?

Why do you believe this situation happened?

Should you return to TNP, what would you need to change (if anything) in order to prevent a similar situation from reoccuring?

EDIT: Further, what other regions are you in or are rejoining? What positions are you hoping to have in those regions? What are you hoping to do in TNP?

Last edited:
I still trust you. What you did doesn't seem to indicate any sort of malicious intent- hell, I think it was well-intentioned; you attempted to calm things down over there and explicitly said you couldn't give any fine detail.

What made you think making a post in your capacity as a TNP Cabinet in a private subforum of Balders was at all appropriate?

Further to that, were there any other instances in which you operated in this way, as an asset of Balders within TNP's cabinet?

That's what I meant when I said it was a case of bad judgement. I wasn't even thinking about whether or not it was appropriate or even the optics. I was thinking we were about to dissolve a treaty with what, at the time, was a good friend and ally over a very simple misunderstanding, and potentially hurting our relationship with them in the process.

Regarding your second question, I'll be blunt: I categorically deny ever having served as a covert asset for Balder against TNP, especially during my time on the Cabinet. To my recollection, my activities in Balder have been in the capacity of Ambassador from other regions, member of their military and War Minister (both of which I wasn't that active) and Integration Minister (similar to HA Minister here).

Why do you believe this situation happened?

Should you return to TNP, what would you need to change (if anything) in order to prevent a similar situation from reoccuring?

EDIT: Further, what other regions are you in or are rejoining? What positions are you hoping to have in those regions? What are you hoping to do in TNP?

The situation with Balder and TNP or this whole thing with me? If you're referring to the former, as I said it was a simple misunderstanding in my opinion. The latter, it was my lack of judgement. I should have not at all contributed anything to the issue, if not resigning either of the positions.

One thing I've definitely be taking from this is that I doubt I'll ever hold more than one such position in different regions at a time. Less risk of trouble that way it seems.

Over the past year, I think most of my nations and citizenships have lapsed so as of now, I'm not part of any region. Aside from TNP, rejoin Lazarus, TSP (maybe). Positions? Don't think I'll have the time for very demanding roles. I'm in my final year with exams in May/June and after that, I'm going on a gap year around South East Asia. If anything, I probably wanna do some RP, Executive Staff and try to advance in the NPA but being awake/free during minors and majors has been a problem.

I still trust you. What you did doesn't seem to indicate any sort of malicious intent- hell, I think it was well-intentioned; you attempted to calm things down over there and explicitly said you couldn't give any fine detail.

Regarding your second question, I'll be blunt: I categorically deny ever having served as a covert asset for Balder against TNP, especially during my time on the Cabinet. To my recollection, my activities in Balder have been in the capacity of Ambassador from other regions, member of their military and War Minister (both of which I wasn't that active) and Integration Minister (similar to HA Minister here).
I appreciate bluntness and I'll return you the same bluntness: I'm not sure I believe you. I'll admit, I should have put the word 'unwitting' before asset in my question. What I was asking you was if there were any other times to your recollection where you operated in a similar manner. So, were there?

I’m unsure as to what i believe with this, but I’m inclined to reserve judgment until the Attorney General has made a statement on the legality for the issue. Because if there was nothing illegal taking place, what he did wasn’t good practice but he has admitted that it was a mistake and a misjudgment, so i think he deserves a second chance because he has given the region a lot. However, if the AG presses charges then there must be something seriously wrong that we likely do not yet know of.

I was referring to the Balder/TNP situation and why you think that happened. I don't object to you returning should you have a plan/process to prevent that from reoccuring.

Do you believe there is a time down the road where you may find yourself able to participate in such a significant amount of regions/positions?

I appreciate bluntness and I'll return you the same bluntness: I'm not sure I believe you. I'll admit, I should have put the word 'unwitting' before asset in my question. What I was asking you was if there were any other times to your recollection where you operated in a similar manner. So, were there?

That's understandable. You've been in this game much longer than me, and I guess that experience has taught you to be, at the very least sceptical. Unfortunately, that's not something I know how to fix at the moment. But No. I was only on the Cabinet from March till September 2015 (based of the oaths posted), that was the only major issue involving Balder and TNP as the treaty did end up being repealed as well as that being the last time I held a Cabinet position here.

I was referring to the Balder/TNP situation and why you think that happened. I don't object to you returning should you have a plan/process to prevent that from reoccuring.

Do you believe there is a time down the road where you may find yourself able to participate in such a significant amount of regions/positions?

Mid-Late 2019 (possibly but unlikely though), 2020 onwards. I'm not keen on participating in a significant amount of regions as I did again: my cosmopolitan days are over.

That's understandable. You've been in this game much longer than me, and I guess that experience has taught you to be, at the very least sceptical. Unfortunately, that's not something I know how to fix at the moment. But No. I was only on the Cabinet from March till September 2015 (based of the oaths posted), that was the only major issue involving Balder and TNP as the treaty did end up being repealed as well as that being the last time I held a Cabinet position here.
*nods* Thank you for the answer. That's given me things to think about.

Back