Death of an Alate [OPEN]

Insectia

Nation: Sancti Formica
The late Alate Nicodemus I has passed of an unexpected heart attack. The College of the Orders has secluded themselves to begin the Alate Conclave, in which a 2/3 supermajority of the Orders must vote in favor of one candidate to succeed Alate Nicodemus I. The Orders are representatives of clans long past, each corresponding to an insect Order. The Orders are sealed inside the Nuptial Chamber of Antill, and after every election (which is created through secret ballot) the ballots are burned. Black smoke signifies there was not a 2/3 supermajority, and white smoke signifies there has been.

Of course, with the Alate dead and with The College of the Orders sealed in a building, the nation of Sancti Formica is suffering from a lack of leadership. Lawlessness and riots have broken out in the streets, as citizens attempt to take material goods, provisions to wait out the riots, and weapons. The bulk of the Antill police force has been drawn close to the Nuptial Chamber itself, as well as a sizeable portion of the military, in order to protect the College of the Orders. Due to the unexpectedness of Alate Nicodemus I's death, however, the police and military lack enough organization to quell riots and pillaging outside of Old Antill, which surrounds the Nuptial Chamber.

Antill Police Chief Vito Cossa is being looked to as the defacto leader in charge of securing the Capitol City of Antill, and Four Star General Baldassare Capri is being looked to as the defacto leader in charge of securing the rest of the country. With both the police force and the military partially occupied by securing The Orders, and the relative haste with which the country reverted to rioting, both are requesting international assistance.

Sancti Formica is in a vulnerable position. Leaders incapacitated, citizens rioting, and military/police force partially occupied. Assistance would earn favorable diplomatic relations throughout the next Alate's reign. Subterfuge and exploitation, on the other hand, would be more effective now than it will be in a long time.

Back