SillyString For Great Justice

SillyString

TNPer
-
-
For those who don't know me, hello! :hello: I am SillyString, current Chief Justice of the TNP Court. I have been in TNP for about five years and have served in most elected offices in the region. I have an extensive legal and legislative background in the region and I have been the author of several laws and court rulings during my tenure here. In other words, I consider myself extremely knowledgeable about TNP law and about the history and function of the Court.

I am excited to be running again and I hope you will consider voting for me! I will happily answer any questions that you may have for me. :)

It has become clear that I am an Old Fogey who is throwing around references to memes that the Kids Who Won't Get Off My Lawn do not know.

*shakes walking stick*

Please, if you will, to google "All Your Base Are Belong To Us".

AllYourBaseAnimated.gif

I have been trying to think of good questions for all the candidates, but I really think your passion, knowledge, and expertise when it comes to TNP law is absolutely unrivaled. You certainly have my vote.

What's wrong with our judicial system?
A lack of consistency. The court is elected every 4 months and over the years justices have varied wildly in their skills, experience, philosophical stance on how to approach court rulings, and so on. You end up with a bit of a jumble of court rulings that later courts have to try to make sense of, without inadvertently overturning precedent.

Also, a general lack of many criminal trials means that each particular trial that does happen holds an outsized weight in testing and refining our system. It makes it tough to develop a good working procedure or timeline or even definitions of crimes when you might go 2 years in between chances to make use of them.

Um. Please no. :P

What I'd say instead is that we need to make sure we elect justices who are thoughtful, familiar with the law, and who take the time to weigh the options and possible ramifications before making big decisions. I think I am someone who exemplifies those qualities.

Back